Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2019 10:57:26 PM EDT
I can't find much info on this particular PC.  Anyone have one and care to offer an opinion on it?  I have one sitting in my shopping cart right now, just not sure if I should pull the trigger.  I would mainly use it for training, classes, etc.  I'm a LEO and have some issued vests, but this might be a little nicer, so it may get set up as an active shooter kit as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I went ahead and ordered it.  For $138 delivered it seemed like a decent deal.  Only gripe I found online was the 5 rows of molle on the front panel instead of the normal 6, but I believe Shellback updated them to 6 rows at some point.  If mine only has 5 rows of molle up front it will be getting returned, as I need 6 to mount a triple shingle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went ahead and ordered it.  For $138 delivered it seemed like a decent deal.  Only gripe I found online was the 5 rows of molle on the front panel instead of the normal 6, but I believe Shellback updated them to 6 rows at some point.  If mine only has 5 rows of molle up front it will be getting returned, as I need 6 to mount a triple shingle.
View Quote
I haven't used that specific vest but several teammates have their Banshee and I think the Patriot. They make good stuff and seem to stand behind their gear.

I bet you like it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I'm hoping it works out.  I was really wanting a Mayflower APC, but I couldn't find one in stock in ranger green anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks.  I'm hoping it works out.  I was really wanting a Mayflower APC, but I couldn't find one in stock in ranger green anywhere.
View Quote
Ranger green in stock here https://www.us-elitegear.com/products/mayflower-apc-assault-plate-carrier-gen-2?variant=35053076302
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you purchased from them before?  Good to go?  I've never heard of them until now.  Generally SKD and OPT are my go-to for gear so I admittedly am not familiar with all the various vendors.

Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I use their Banshee.... much better than my issued carrier
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have you purchased from them before?  Good to go?  I've never heard of them until now.  Generally SKD and OPT are my go-to for gear so I admittedly am not familiar with all the various vendors.
View Quote
I haven't but do know someone that does. They never had an issue.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
@Mike92GT
OP tactical has ranger green in stock now
https://www.optactical.com/maapcwimepa.html
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Any updates?  I've been looking at this as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#10]
It's on the way still, might be here today.  I'll update when it gets here.

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
It arrived today.  Initial impressions are pretty good.  The molle on the front is 6 rows wide, which is what I was hoping for.  It's definitely lightweight, and somewhat of a minimalist design. Stitching and overall quality looks pretty good.  It's fairly basic as far as features go, but it's also offered at a lower price point, so that was expected.  I think it will work well for my intended application.  Now I just need to figure out how I want to set it up.

Quoted:
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top