Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2021 5:40:32 PM EDT
Just received a Shaw Concepts RAID Pouch V2 dangler/fanny pack and I figured some might be interested at a better look. Shaw Concepts has been making a name for themselves lately and after hearing some positive feedback from EODFish (YouTube gear reviewer), I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I should also note that I picked this up from OPTactical knowing that they don't/won't sell substandard kit.

This is a clamshell style dangler...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

...with some unique features.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It uses a First Spear Tube as a method for attachment.

Attachment Attached File

More incoming...
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
About 8.5" long.

Attachment Attached File

7.5" tall (with attached TQ).

Attachment Attached File

6" tall (without TQ).

Attachment Attached File

4.5" thick when full.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Front compartment view.

Attachment Attached File

I used a bunch of granola bars to give everyone a sense of scale.

Attachment Attached File

Looks like four of these will fit in the front zippered compartment.

Attachment Attached File

Bottom view. Nice to see a robust TQ holder built-in.

Attachment Attached File

Rear "compartment" showing how the First Spear Tube hardware attaches.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
There are elastic loops built-in to the sides for attaching the fanny pack belt but it looks like these could be used for Chemlights and Sharpies as well.

Attachment Attached File

CAT 7 TQ snugged in.

Attachment Attached File

Main compartment.

Attachment Attached File

Included are two Velcro-backed panels with elastic loop sewn-in. Looks like IFAK/Blowout kit components would fit nicely.

Attachment Attached File

That said, I'm sticking to granola bars to preserve our sense of scale.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The inside of the main compartment also includes a separate partition. Four more granola bars...

Attachment Attached File

Using all available compartments, I can comfortably get 11 granola bars packed in it.

Attachment Attached File

When full, it looks like this. Also note the loop faced panel on the front along with the bungie cord. I could see stowing a lightweight windbreaker in the bungie without things getting too crowded up front.

Attachment Attached File

Attaching the RAID Pouch V2 to my plate carrier.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Fanny pack straps attached.

Attachment Attached File

Comparable in size to a Spiritus Sack MK2.

Attachment Attached File

Some of the items I'm running in mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I said once before, if I was going to get a dangler, it would be this one. Mine arrived last week and I am still experimenting with it. I plan on using it as a dedicated IFAK that can dangle from my PC or fanny pack it with a belt or solo.

I was concerned about a dangler flopping around or interfering with going prone - particularly when going slowly. I have discovered that if you sandwich the dangler's flap in the plate bag instead of behind the placard, there is enough of a overhang to keep the dangler from flopping very much.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#8]
EOD Fish is good gear reviewer. Thanks for post.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#9]
@PFran42  thanks for using the granola bars for scale. Actually gave me an idea of how much would fit in there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#10]
that thing looks pretty awesome , thanks for all the pics and write up

it's a little to tall for me to use as a dangler but i think i'll pick one up to use as an ifak fanny pack style with the belt like was mentioned above.  i use an old tactical tailor dangler for the same purpose now but this one looks like it would hold more stuff and be better organized.  if running it as a dangler the bungee cord on the front would be a great glove holder

off to optactical to see how much one of these things is
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the concept of the RAID pouch, but in practice it's too huge for my liking.  I don't care for danglers that are that big (that's what she said).  As a fanny pack I could definitely see it as very useful due to the grab and strap on feature, but I don't think I'd want it as a dangler.

You know what I would like is if the RAID pouch could be used on the back of a car seat headrest attached to hook and loop so it could be just torn off the headrest and then put on fanny pack style, that would be cool.  

The other criticism I have it is that it has those fixed elastic loops. I think I prefer the Arbor Arms "nut ruck's" checker board attachment system where you can customize the loop placement within the pouch.  Although the Arbor Arms "nut ruck" is still too big for my liking for a dangler.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I really want one of these bad. The sticker cost has been keeping me away. Maybe I’ll make the jump. Looks awesome
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ve had this and the arbor arms version. I like AA better, as you can get a strap for it. When you are IMTing this thing dangles and jumps, really irritating.

Plus with a strap you can wear your IFAK without wearing your armor, like on a flat range.

Their Rear Document stacker also is too small, they said it was for maps but it would fit just one or two maps really folded up. The sense of size in the preorder pictures was all wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#15]
@last_crusader

By strap, do you mean like the strap that came with it that I posted in multiple pictures?

Off to look at the AA version....
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got one with the armor insert.  
Purchased this over the TYR lower Abdominal Protection piece.
Thanks for pointing this piece out to me....almost missed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top