Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2020 3:59:00 PM EDT
I'm still pretty new and quite frankly don't know what I'm doing as it relates to PC setup.  I bought the Velocity/Mayflower LEPC and put my Hesco L210 plates in them.  I also ordered their quad 5.56 general purpose placard and a North American Rescue IFAK kit (https://www.narescue.com/roo-m-fak-kit.html). I have a few questions about setting it up.

1. What's the best place to put a TQ? The carrier doesn't have any Molle on the front so I'm not sure how to best attach a TQ holder for easy access.  A TQ doesn't fit well inside one of the four 5.56 mag pouches on the placard.

2. What's the best way to attach that IFAK pouch to the carrier?  The only option I see is attach it to the back plate pocket which as molle but I think it would be hard to get to.

3. Any tips on getting the 5.56 mags in and out of the designated pockets on the placard easily?  It takes two hands to shove the mag into the pouch and it's kind of a pain to get the bungee up over the mag for retention.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
TQ at front bottom (so it can be accessed using both hands):

https://www.frogpro.it/product/velcro-elastic-cat-tourniquet-holder/

or

http://www.coyotetacticalsolutions.com/rapid-access-tourniquet-holder-r-a-t-h/

will add pics...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Ditch 4 mag placard and go with 3 mag KYWI.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm still pretty new and quite frankly don't know what I'm doing as it relates to PC setup.  I bought the Velocity/Mayflower LEPC and put my Hesco L210 plates in them.  I also ordered their quad 5.56 general purpose placard and a North American Rescue IFAK kit (https://www.narescue.com/roo-m-fak-kit.html). I have a few questions about setting it up.

1. What's the best place to put a TQ? The carrier doesn't have any Molle on the front so I'm not sure how to best attach a TQ holder for easy access.  A TQ doesn't fit well inside one of the four 5.56 mag pouches on the placard.

2. What's the best way to attach that IFAK pouch to the carrier?  The only option I see is attach it to the back plate pocket which as molle but I think it would be hard to get to.

3. Any tips on getting the 5.56 mags in and out of the designated pockets on the placard easily?  It takes two hands to shove the mag into the pouch and it's kind of a pain to get the bungee up over the mag for retention.

View Quote
Those little GPs are my biggest complaint with Velocity gear, I don't know what you're supposed to put in those but I usually leave them empty because they're too small for a good IFAK and I don't need to carry a lot of other stuff. You could try dividing the medical contents into those, but if you didn't already have the GP placard I would've suggested the Velocity or Esstac quad placards with the MOLLE on the front. You can lash a TQ to the MOLLE and add an IFAK pouch there pretty well.

You might try going with a dangler pouch for the IFAK, and some of those have provision for storing a TQ underneath it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those little GPs are my biggest complaint with Velocity gear, I don't know what you're supposed to put in those but I usually leave them empty because they're too small for a good IFAK and I don't need to carry a lot of other stuff. You could try dividing the medical contents into those, but if you didn't already have the GP placard I would've suggested the Velocity or Esstac quad placards with the MOLLE on the front. You can lash a TQ to the MOLLE and add an IFAK pouch there pretty well.

You might try going with a dangler pouch for the IFAK, and some of those have provision for storing a TQ underneath it.
View Quote

Thanks I guess I could return the Placard I literally just got it and haven't used it yet.  I was trying to keep everything to one brand/system since I don't know what I'm doing and figure their stuff would all work together well.

I actually originally ordered the 3 mag Velocity Placard with Molle on the front but thought that I would just use the GP pouches on the quad to store the contents of the med kit.  When I received it I realized the TQ doesn't even fit in any of the pockets and I happened to buy an IFAK that had it's own pouch but now I'm not sure how to attach it since the only Molle is on the back.  

From what I've seen most people Molle their IFAK to their cumberbund, but again the standard cumberbund with the LEPC doesn't have molle either. I guess I could get the standalone velcro TQ holder and then distribute the rest of the IFAK into the GP pouches.  Kind of a waste of a nice nylon pouch that it comes in though.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks I guess I could return the Placard I literally just got it and haven't used it yet.  I was trying to keep everything to one brand/system since I don't know what I'm doing and figure their stuff would all work together well.

I actually originally ordered the 3 mag Velocity Placard with Molle on the front but thought that I would just use the GP pouches on the quad to store the contents of the med kit.  When I received it I realized the TQ doesn't even fit in any of the pockets and I happened to buy an IFAK that had it's own pouch but now I'm not sure how to attach it since the only Molle is on the back.  

From what I've seen most people Molle their IFAK to their cumberbund, but again the standard cumberbund with the LEPC doesn't have molle either. I guess I could get the standalone velcro TQ holder and then distribute the rest of the IFAK into the GP pouches.  Kind of a waste of a nice nylon pouch that it comes in though.

View Quote

You don't need to worry about about keeping things to one brand. I probably have 5-6 different brands of stuff on my work PC.

With minimal MOLLE your options for an IFAK are somewhat limited. You could go with a dangler-style under the placard or you could do something like a flat IFAK in the small of your back that you can pull from either side. I'd recommend keeping the contents of your IFAK in one location rather than spreading them. You want everything in one place if you need it.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The cumberbunds tend to be a popular place to put IFAKs and TQs. Since your carrier has elastic cumberbunds, you can't do that.

As others have said, there are a wide variety of "danglers" (things that velcro below the plate pocket) that you can use to place IFAKs and/or TQs.

Wherever you put your TQ or multiple TQs, just make sure you're able to reach your one TQ or one of your TQs with either hand, since obviously either arm might be the limb you're needing to apply the TQ to.

As others have also said, consider scaling down from 4 mags. 3 mags or maybe even 2 would realistically be plenty for most realistic needs and would leave room on the front of the carrier to place an IFAK or a TQ.

As for reinserting mags, look at Esstac Kywi pouches. They have kydex wedges inside them that grip down on the mags similar to how kydex holsters grip down on pistols, enough grip to keep them secure while still being able to easily draw and reinsert them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The cumberbunds tend to be a popular place to put IFAKs and TQs. Since your carrier has elastic cumberbunds, you can't do that.

As others have said, there are a wide variety of "danglers" (things that velcro below the plate pocket) that you can use to place IFAKs and/or TQs.

Wherever you put your TQ or multiple TQs, just make sure you're able to reach your one TQ or one of your TQs with either hand, since obviously either arm might be the limb you're needing to apply the TQ to.

As others have also said, consider scaling down from 4 mags. 3 mags or maybe even 2 would realistically be plenty for most realistic needs and would leave room on the front of the carrier to place an IFAK or a TQ.

As for reinserting mags, look at Esstac Kywi pouches. They have kydex wedges inside them that grip down on the mags similar to how kydex holsters grip down on pistols, enough grip to keep them secure while still being able to easily draw and reinsert them.
View Quote

Yeah I should have gotten the cumberbund option that had molle on the side but it was an extra $85 and I was already stretching my budget a little.  Do you know of a placard that has 2 mags and molle next to it for an IFAK?  Wouldn't an IFAK stacked on the front of mag pouches make it too thick?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wouldn't an IFAK stacked on the front of mag pouches make it too thick?
View Quote

If you don't plan on gunfighting in the prone or crawling through tight spaces it might not be a huge deal.

If you're still toying with TQ placement you might want to consider a wing underneath the cummerbund.
There's a few of these options out there, this one's the Ferro Wingman. Sticks between the cummerbund and the PC loop field.
A CAT TQ would fit fine with tighter elastic on the dangler posted above mounted this way.

Alternatively, since the LEPC c-bund velcros on you could just try out another brand like Ferro/SS/BCS, etc if you know compare sizing. I think that's part of why more companies sell PCs in components now, lotta guys mix & match.
Belts can also help pull stuff off your vest if it's hard to find a home there.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Another TQ option I had forgotten about: JTACtical TQ holder, which is specifically designed for use with Swiftclip like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top