Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2018 10:30:45 AM EDT
Got a quick question about serial number requirements that I can't find clarification on, the requirement says that the serial number may include a hyphen, does that mean a single hyphen, or can there be multiple?

I ask because I work at an FFL/SOT that makes ammo brass, but we don't really manufacture any firearms and I want to get a few lowers made with custom serial numbers for myself and want to use my children's birthdays.

Obviously having multiple hyphens makes it look better as a date, or can it only have 1 hyphen total.

Such as PJD-09-18-84, or would it have to be PJD-91884?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe panzer arms and cugir frequently uses double hypens in their SNs.  You should not have any issues.

You could always do the date like

AUG15-1988

or 15AUG1988
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
More than 1 is OK.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't matter how many.  Just bear in mind that ATF strips them out in applications like eForms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top