Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2021 5:03:23 PM EDT
So, I'm planning on building an Uzi that will be an SBR.

I'm using a receiver repair stub to build on.

Do I make my own serial number up for it?

Or....

If I end up welding the rear part of the receiver onto the stub, can I use that serial number?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm using a receiver repair stub to build on.
Do I make my own serial number up for it?
View Quote
Yes, if there's no serial number (and maker's info) engraved... then you're the maker, so you engrave both (and choose an acceptable serial number).

Or....
If I end up welding the rear part of the receiver onto the stub, can I use that serial number?
View Quote
You can adopt that existing serial number engraving, if their serial is made up of acceptable alphanumeric characters (which I think UZIs were).

See the guidance in the first section here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-ammunition-firearms-verification-overview

Then scroll down to ATF Ruling 2002-6 regarding adopting foreign serial numbers (or serials with foreign characters).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top