Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2020 1:14:00 PM EDT
Ive picked up this Sendra the other day. After getting it home I noticed the rear takedown is a bit out-of-round. The upper isnt loose, and fits well. (havent put any other uppers on it yet)

Is this something that should be fixed possibly? Shoot it and pay attention?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I think us anodizing would be the people to speak to about that. Should be repairable.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would keep shooting it and not worry. If other uppers had fitment issues, then I would get it repaired.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a well used FA Sendra about 2000.
Pin was in alignment, but short, did not go all the way through.
Still doesn't and still happily chugging along.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The top shelf and rear radius is probably too high and rather than mill it down to match the spec they just reamed out the take down pin hole for a easier fit. (or it happned over timed). Should be repairable.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If uppers fit and the pin stays retained by the detent I would just leave it alone.  Not hurting anything.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:55:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Thankfully on my Olympic they ground on the upper to make it fit. That being said I still had to use a punch to take it Loose every time. And then the rear takedown pin was very loose. . M60 Joe was able to fix it. . A lot of the Radiuses on the Olympics aren't quite right. . So what you've got is basically a one-trick pony. that upper works, but I doubt others will work as easily as that one. It cost me about $1,200 to get mine fixed between M60 Joe and US Anodizing. But I can now say that my gun has been brought truly in spec. And certainly has a higher resale value because of it. . Basically cry once and be done with it.

M60 Joe closed up shop, but I bet Victor at us Anodizing will either be able to fix it himself or send you in the right direction. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If uppers fit and the pin stays retained by the detent I would just leave it alone.  Not hurting anything.
View Quote
I tried a handful of other upper on it last night

BCM= fit perfect
Stag= tight, but fit
Colt 6940 = fit like a glove

After putting the Colt upper on it, i noticed it was the EXACT same color. I think the gun has been worked over. The pin hole is black. So the gun has already been anodized or coated colt black.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thankfully on my Olympic they ground on the upper to make it fit. That being said I still had to use a punch to take it Loose every time. And then the rear takedown pin was very loose. . M60 Joe was able to fix it. . A lot of the Radiuses on the Olympics aren't quite right. . So what you've got is basically a one-trick pony. that upper works, but I doubt others will work as easily as that one. It cost me about $1,200 to get mine fixed between M60 Joe and US Anodizing. But I can now say that my gun has been brought truly in spec. And certainly has a higher resale value because of it. . Basically cry once and be done with it.

M60 Joe closed up shop, but I bet Victor at us Anodizing will either be able to fix it himself or send you in the right direction. Good luck.
View Quote
My exact same experience, wonder if our lowers were of the same batch.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Sendra I've had for about five years. The upper it came with fit fine. Most others did not. After working some of the tight ones in there and shooting, all the others began to fit. It just took time to break in. No problems with pin holes, but I thought this may be of help to you because I've heard this is an issue with most Sendras.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top