Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2019 10:35:08 AM EDT
When mailing your prints to the AFT (after a EForm submission) does everybody send it Registered Mail so that you know they received them?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll get many different responses on this, but anything I send to the Sheriff, CLEO, ATF or anything to do with NFA, I send registered, signature required mail.
Then I keep it at least till the form is approved.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to, it's not a bad plan.
If you want to be cheap, just call and verify they received the prints. (I'm assuming they'll do that?)

Regarding CLEO copies (which my non-reading self initially thought I was replying to)
I wouldn't pay extra for registered mail.
There's no requirement to guarantee or prove it's received by the CLEO.
Email is the cheapest and most effective way to accomplish both, however.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a safe full of NFA firearms and have never sent anything to ATF other than good old first class US Mail.

You're free to send your stuff registered, though, if that buys you peace of mind.

FWIW, just about no one I've done transfers for, over the decades, has used anything but first class mail, either. Maybe two or three of them, out of a hundred or so.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I send mine regular mail with one or more 5320.20s in a second envelope within the first. I get the 20s back and know the prints arrived.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I send mine regular mail with one or more 5320.20s in a second envelope within the first. I get the 20s back and know the prints arrived.
View Quote
That's pretty damn clever.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Hell yeah.
Do that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 28 NFA items.  Regular mail for all of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top