Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2021 3:43:44 PM EDT
I’ve got an MP5 clone and a clipped/pinned HK ambi FBI (0-1) polymer lower that is really tight.  I’m trying to figure out which is out of spec. Anyone know the proper dimensions and tolerances for the semi-auto shelf?  Width seams to be the biggest dimensional bust.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The shelf spec varies and is mostly dependent on who made the gun. Same deal with trigger housings modified or manufactured for shelves.

The clipped and pinned trigger housings should always be the part you modify to fit. Its dead simple to do with even a basic file.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have modified several grip frames for my SBR converted HK94's and all the magazine blocks
were .87-.88 of and inch wide on my cheapo calipers. I use a combination of my dremel tool and
files to open up and widen the front plate area of the grip frame.  I also put several layers of tape
on the front side of the ears to keep the dremel tool from slicing them should my hand slip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top