Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You gave him dibs if you ever choose to sell it.  Not a guarantee you would sell or a guaranteed price.

Your "sell it now" price should be ridiculously high (market price plus a premium to make it worth your while plus any buyer-is-a-pain premiums).
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
please post pictures of his his messages to you begging to sell it.

i would like to point and laugh.

ETA: nice rifle. great find!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just tell him “not interested” and leave it at that...
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless you are interested in selling it, I would have told him I already sold it to end the conversation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I basically told him i wasn't interested in selling anytime soon and that I wouldn't commit to any resale price until such time as I did decide to sell. I have a large milsurp collection and at some point I will downsize so my wife doesn't have to deal with it all but I'm only 50 so that day is many years down the road.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a S&W 1006 from a member that lived locally to me back in NJ. It wasn’t priced extremely well, but I wanted one. Maybe a year later, 3rd Generation guns started creeping up and price... not to mention the 10mm magazines doubled (I got into them when you could find them for $30-40 each).

Guy messages me, asking to buy it back. Didn’t even get into price... no, thanks. Did not hear from him again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I do have a couple of buddies and we do a ''first right of refusal'' type of thing if we sell a firearm that is somewhat rare or hard to find. I've bought a couple of reasonably hard to find firearms like that to include a Navy Trophy Garand. In that case, the old gentleman passed away several years ago so the point is moot with that one but we usually gave each other under going value prices to keep them within a group. I still have that one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Very nice rifle, and I had no idea any of these were collectable.
For a snarky response, however.

"Dear friend, you are one week late. I have fallen on hard times as of late. The wooden stock was used to create a small fire to heat the last can of wax beans I had to feed my family. The barrel is being used to prop up the sheet of plastic  my family and I are sleeping under. Had you been one week earlier, I would have gladly sold your rifle back, at a considerable loss to me."
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Ahhh............no.  You bought it, it is yours period.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Here ya are OP. Just send him this:

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#13]
First off, no harm in contacting you back to see if you were interested in selling. However it should have gone along the lines of something like this:

Hello, I sold you a Mosin a while back, I have come to realize I really miss it and would love to offer to purchase it if you are selling it. Please let me know how much and we can make arrangements to pick it up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#14]
He’s even worse than an indian-giver.  

Has he forgotten you drove 8 hours to buy it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#15]
So, this idiot didn't know what he had until you advised him,

Then he wants to sell it to you because he now knows it is "Rare" and offers it to you at x3 what he paid for it.

It's obviously worth it to you so, you agree and buy it.

Now the market has increased on the rifle and said Idiot thinks you should sell it back to him for the original price after he knows he jacked up said price on you to begin with.

You are under NO obligation to this bottom feeding shark. I'd of told him to pound sand....

You're obviously a better man than I am in this situation because you seem to have a moral dilemma about it. So, tell him he has first shot at current market value and call it a day.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#16]
LoL.   Please send him graphs showing how the money supply has tripled (?) in the past 3 years.  Therefore, his money is worth 1/3 as much, and he should be prepared to pay 300% more for a similar rifle.      Yours is not for sale of course, but it’s something he should be made aware of.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the offer but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass.  Nice talking to you, and have a great weekend!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Pretty ballsy to tell someone you want the gun you sold them years ago back and not even offer more money.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#20]
He should be offering premium money if he is making demands.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Just in case he can't understand English, try some crappy German: Nicht nein aber ficht nein!
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#22]
He has first dibs....at market price.

If I bought a 70 Cuda convertible for $13K back in the day, buyer has first dibs at current value of $350K.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Former owner has a buyer lined up and is hoping OP will help him make some quick cash.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
There's a gun or two I've sold to a friend I'd love to get back.  He knows what they're worth, and I'd have to make that price if he decided to sell.  There's no animosity over his refusal, if I wanted to keep them, I shouldn't have sold them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#25]
People still use Facebook?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I’d love to see this thread in the GD.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#27]
This guy is crazy.

3 Years not 3 days?

8 Hours Drive?

Not a Friend?

Get Bent
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have no idea really, this isn't a rifle that sells publicly online often enough to gauge value that way. The last one I'm aware of that sold was this one. There is one for sale currently on Gunbroker for 2400 but its gotten no interest at that starting price for about a year now so its likely somewhere lower that that in the 1500-1700 range which is 3-500 higher than I paid at the time.
View Quote

I think the Gunbroker seller is PGAPlayerless, and he changed his account name.  I saw that one sitting on Gunbroker.

I wouldn't worry about the guy.  He reached out to you.  You gave him a fair price.  I'd just tell him, "I'm sorry.  I like the rifle, and I'm not selling it right now."  I don't know the guy, but I do have experience in the game.  Sounds like a possible douche who thinks he can flip the rifle for a greater profit.  He possibly has seen the rifle listed for over $2k, and thinks he can make a few hundred bucks.

I've frequently gotten requests on Facebook to sell a rifle.  Unsolicited requests, in my experience, are attempts to screw you.  The buyers typically hope you are a mark, and they want the rifle for less than market value.  Amazingly, when they sell something, these same types sell junk at inflated prices.  These types have really soured my view of the milsurp community.  They are very common, in my experience.

Just keep your rifle.  If the guy keeps bugging you, Facebook does have a "block" function.  I've blocked tons of people on there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I think I'll call my stock broker and ask to buy back some stock I sold a while back for cheap and I want it again for what I sold it to them for.  They owe it to me since I am a good customer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think the Gunbroker seller is PGAPlayerless, and he changed his account name.  I saw that one sitting on Gunbroker.

I wouldn't worry about the guy.  He reached out to you.  You gave him a fair price.  I'd just tell him, "I'm sorry.  I like the rifle, and I'm not selling it right now."  I don't know the guy, but I do have experience in the game.  Sounds like a possible douche who thinks he can flip the rifle for a greater profit.  He possibly has seen the rifle listed for over $2k, and thinks he can make a few hundred bucks.

I've frequently gotten requests on Facebook to sell a rifle.  Unsolicited requests, in my experience, are attempts to screw you.  The buyers typically hope you are a mark, and they want the rifle for less than market value.  Amazingly, when they sell something, these same types sell junk at inflated prices.  These types have really soured my view of the milsurp community.  They are very common, in my experience.

Just keep your rifle.  If the guy keeps bugging you, Facebook does have a "block" function.  I've blocked tons of people on there.
View Quote

No worries as I have no intention of parting with her any time soon. Yes, the rifle on GB I mentioned above is being sold by the individual formerly known as PGAPlayerless, most of what he lists is priced ridiculously high for reasons that seem to make sense to him at least. I honestly think the guy is just having a case of sellers remorse, he needed the money back then but now is in a better place finance wise and wants to get it back but that really isn't my problem.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Think of something you want even more than the rifle and offer to trade.  Make him find something you want.  Give him a mission.  

Or not.  No good deed..............
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Pretty simple, block his number as he is nuts.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#33]
After 3 years?!?!

No way, no how
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Don't beat around the bush. Don't try to be a nice guy about it. Tell him you aren't interested in selling it and if you were thinking of selling it, the price would be considerably higher than what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea really, this isn't a rifle that sells publicly online often enough to gauge value that way. The last one I'm aware of that sold was this one. There is one for sale currently on Gunbroker for 2400 but its gotten no interest at that starting price for about a year now so its likely somewhere lower that that in the 1500-1700 range which is 3-500 higher than I paid at the time.

That name is a blast from the past.....like a crazy ex-girl friend blast.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#36]
No way in hell I’d sell that back, and he’s a fool thinking you should do it for him.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would just tell him you're not interested in selling it.  No need to elaborate any further than that.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That name is a blast from the past.....like a crazy ex-girl friend blast.
View Quote

Yeah, PGAPlayerless, that guy is a scumbag extraordinaire....

He was caught embellishing and restoring a Yugo sniper, got caught and made all sorts of excuses, he has been caught in several shady guns...There are threads here with him, he used to post here, and I would call him out with links...

Like I said, guy is a real scumbag, F him...
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#39]
That’s gonna be a hard no, bud.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Former owner has a buyer lined up and is hoping OP will help him make some quick cash.
View Quote

Nailed it.  Former owner didn't want it then and doesn't really want it personally now.  He realizes its true value and wants to flip it for a big profit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#41]
If you have another, less Mosin, that you actually want to offload, offer him that at market price.  They guy is a shooter, so why would he care what model it is.

That would, possibly hilariously, call his bluff and show you if he's trying to flip it.  

Alternatively, ask him if you can sleep with his wife for a weekend, since you could have 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would just tell him you're not interested in selling it.  No need to elaborate any further than that.
View Quote

This.   Exactly This...
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Should have told him you flipped it to another collector three wks after he sold it to you for 87x what you paid.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#44]
"It's currently out getting cerakoted,  I'll shoot you some pics when I get it back"
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"It's currently out getting cerakoted,  I'll shoot you some pics when I get it back"
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:44:07 AM EDT
[#46]
It didn't want to go into the Arkangel stock, but a couple minutes with the dremel and it fit perfect without even having to modify the stock!
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It didn't want to go into the Arkangel stock, but a couple minutes with the dremel and it fit perfect without even having to modify the stock!
View Quote

Brutal.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
no.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#49]
He already doubled his money.  Now he wants more money than he made after you already told him what he really had?  That’s  a big NO.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I've had 2 or 3 Russians.. Always sold them.  Don't care that they appreciated.  Good for you having something rare OP.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top