Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/10/2018 2:05:45 PM EDT
I am looking to add night vision to an Aimpoint PRO I have had for quite some time now

I am not looking to break the bank, but still would like to have something durable and dependable.

Can anyone reccomend a good compatible night vision for the Aimpoint PRO. I want something I can mount on the right directly behind the Aimpoint.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:09:17 PM EDT
Can't really go wrong with a used PVS14 off the EE here if you're looking for a budget friendly option that is extremely versatile. Rifle mounted, handheld, or helmet mounted, it does it all

They can be had for $1600-$2200 for a pretty standard example
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:26:38 PM EDT
I think PVS-14 is going to be your best/most versatile option for mounting to a rifle. I started out with my PVS-14 behind my red dot, but once all of the good helmet options hit the market I moved it to a helmet and have been using it in conjunction with an IR laser for about 8 years.

Running it helmet mounted is MUCH better than having it weapon mounted.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 3:01:04 PM EDT
Wow! It will be mounted on the rifle and only used there.

I was looking something in the $500-$800 range.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 4:16:34 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lcc_engineer:

View Quote
If you have $800 to throw down on a night optic then save up another $800 and buy the PVS14.

I mean this in the most respectful way possible but you will regret buying Gen 1 or older Gen 2 junk. You are so close to being able to afford the real deal so my advice to you is to just pinch those pennies and save a little longer.

If you're interested you can piece together a PVS14 so it's a little easier than just throwing down $1600+. They're quite simple to put together and the group would be more than happy to help you!
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 5:04:39 PM EDT
Go Gen3. You will not regret it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:59:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AZ2A:
If you have $800 to throw down on a night optic then save up another $800 and buy the PVS14.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ2A:
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
Go Gen3. You will not regret it.
I've got several decades worth of Gen 1 and Gen 2 military issue Russian optics which are quite a bit better than equivalent civilian NV of the same generation, and I can tell you that a Gen 3 PVS14 smokes all of them. It's well worth the money for a used PVS14. You really won't regret it
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:03:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lcc_engineer:

View Quote
With some sorta rare exceptions, those are junk by themselves. Add extra glass from looking through a day optic on top of it? Forget about it.

Don’t waste your money like most of us did.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2018 11:39:21 PM EDT by MunnyShot]
Do as others recommended spend money once on a good gen3 unit. There have been a few omni VII for @ 1500

Gen 3 omni IV to VII able to see in the darkest to urban environment without supplemental IR.

Gen2 + Urban to full moon/stars, but suffers in darker conditions without supplemental IR light

Gen2 not as great as Gen2+, but not that far off either.

Spark Core some like it for the price and does ok in urban environments and/or with supplemental IR

Gen1 Dont waste your money possibly slightly better than the naked eye, but is severely out classed by a good flashlight.
Top Top