Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2018 8:58:27 PM EDT
Seems I missed the boat on buying cheap gen 1 MPX mags. Really sucks because when they were cheap, I had no intention of buying an MPX and now that I have a bought a Gen 2 carbine (Got it at a great deal) the mags have all dried up and its 50.00 per Gen 2 mag.

Where do you guys buy your MPX mags from, and who has the best deal?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Bought these when they had 3 packs for 60 bucks.  I believe at one time they were selling 20 round gen 1 for 10 or 15 bucks??. Got mine through mag warehouse and a couple 3 packs through Sig for around same price when I bought the gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The cheapest I've seen is physically in the Sig Sauer Pro Shop (not online), which was $54 if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you test a Gen 1 mag in your Gen 2 before you buy a bunch of them... Some have great success, others not so much.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure you test a Gen 1 mag in your Gen 2 before you buy a bunch of them... Some have great success, others not so much.
View Quote
I ordered 3, 20rd mags from CDNN for 25.00 each.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
If they do not work just do a ramp job. Like polishing and taking the sharp edges off and they will work just fine. As a matter of fact after you this. Your gen 2 if it's having any problems will shoot anything you feed it.

I did a post a while back on how to fix feeding problems on the gen 2 if you got one of those weapons. Gen 1s work like a sewing machine perfect.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Osage County Guns has two Gen 1 Essentials Kits (3 mags and a pouch) for $129.99.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/799328673
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they do not work just do a ramp job. Like polishing and taking the sharp edges off and they will work just fine. As a matter of fact after you this. Your gen 2 if it's having any problems will shoot anything you feed it.

I did a post a while back on how to fix feeding problems on the gen 2 if you got one of those weapons. Gen 1s work like a sewing machine perfect.
View Quote
 My gen 2 runs like trash on gen 1 mags. Too bad because I have a metric ton of gen1s for my gen 1 MPX. Do you have a link for the fix?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top