Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/6/2019 10:52:11 AM EDT
scorpion, vs  stribog which is going to go forever? I want the most longevity more robust less prone to break / wear out? Something that’s gonna take some abuse and keep on ticking

I was leaning scorpion but idk

Which one is built better?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see either one wearing out but the Stribog is a nicer gun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Stribog is much more robust and very solid. It’s not a Rubbermaid gun. My only complaint is the current generation of mags are meh but they’re releasing a metal lipped version eventually and also someone has done a Glock mag comparable lower prototype.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
We have had a Scorpion in our rental program for a year. Never had an issue, nor do we see any excessive wear.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
scorpion, vs  stribog which is going to go forever? I want the most longevity more robust less prone to break / wear out? Something that’s gonna take some abuse and keep on ticking

I was leaning scorpion but idk

Which one is built better?
View Quote
Both are very good guns. Both are well made. The Stribog is a bit nicer in terms of fit and feel. Action is smoother onnthr Stribog. Scorpion action gets hung up after the first 1" or 2" where you hit resistance and then it goes back more. Stribog has the nicer aluminum upper while Scorpion is all polymer.

I never had any issues with my Scorpion. Always functioned flawlessly and is a blast to shoot. Having said that, after getting a Stribog a my Scorpion was no longer needed and I sold it. But ultimately either one will serve you well. The Stribog is just a little nicer of a gun at a less expensive price point.

I'll also echo that I hope someone comes out with metal feed lip magazine soon or even better all metal magazines.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
What about aftermarket support?

I’ve been pretty happy with what’s available for the scorpion

Pmags
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Aftermarket support is obviously further along for the Scorpion. It has been out for 4 years now. For the Stribog there aren't as many things I would want to change. Trigger is good and I could do a AR trigger in it if need be. Charging handle is good. Grip is good. Right side safety isn't as bad as the Scorpion but I might have it off slightly.

Plenty of stocks and brace options available.

The one thing I would want are some other magazine options. In due time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I own both the CZ Scorpion EVO III SBR and the Stribog A1/A2 SBR.  I would give the edge to the Stribog in terms of longevity, but this is pure speculation on my part based on feel, perceived craftsmanship, and my limited round count.  Until we see someone put a high round count through both weapons we will have no idea which is the sturdier more robust system.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
There’s also someone running the Stribog without any maintenance. The last I saw they were on 5k+ rounds through it without any serious issues. It’s a simple, solid design. The aftermarket for it is starting to get going but there’s been some setbacks and some of the places were focuses on retrofit kits for a while to upgrade the gen 1 features to be inline with gen 2
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 1:31:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Well the Evo is issued around the world by a few .mil & leo

While The Striborg still has to be tested AFAIK..
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing goes forever so repair parts are always a factor.
I would say if taken care of either would last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#11]
That would be my concern, who's gonna still be providing parts & support 20-30 years from now?

In that respect you have to give the nod to CZ as they've been a player in the US market for a LONG time and work well with the aftermarket.

And the Evo is still a relatively new design compared to a Beretta Storm carbine or an AR pattern 9mm.

I'd like to add a Stribog to the collection one day so I keep tabs on them and they seem to be just as trouble free as an Evo.

Are there any aftermarket Stribog mags out? Or just factory at this point?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
The Stribog doesn't have world wide use like the Scorpion. However I know the Slovakian military uses it for sure and I know Grand Power has contracts with other militaries and law enforcement for the Stribog. Just hard to find a complete list.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The Stribog doesn't have world wide use like the Scorpion. However I know the Slovakian military uses it for sure and I know Grand Power has contracts with other militaries and law enforcement for the Stribog. Just hard to find a complete list.
View Quote
sure,
didnt mean to bash the Striborg. Unfortunately it's still too new and testing requires a lot of time.
GP has been making handguns for a decade and the Striborg is their first SMG.
I'd be also concerned with CS...

CZ is a solid company worldwide instead.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe it was tested in the recent SMG competition that B&T ended up winning, though I have no idea what the results were.  It & the B&T were the only two that actually met the stupid set of requirements DoD dreamed up for that one.  I'm pretty sure some sort of basic function/reliability testing went into the decision, even if the contestants were all COTS offerings.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I decided on the Stribog. Love the Scorpion but I found the Stribog more to my liking after shooting both.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I believe it was tested in the recent SMG competition that B&T ended up winning, though I have no idea what the results were.  It & the B&T were the only two that actually met the stupid set of requirements DoD dreamed up for that one.  I'm pretty sure some sort of basic function/reliability testing went into the decision, even if the contestants were all COTS offerings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Stribog was part of the original 13 submissions to the US Army Sub Compact Weapon program. Then the Stribog made the downselect to the top 6 before the B&T won the contract.

Quoted:
I decided on the Stribog. Love the Scorpion but I found the Stribog more to my liking after shooting both.
You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I can’t believe no one said the obvious.
Get both !
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't care if a couple random people think it's better or a better deal, I wanted a Scorpion and got a Scorpion. It's been incredibly fun and it's just what I wanted. It's got great aftermarket support, support from a company more than jist internet forums members have heard about, and it looks bad ass. I imagine it's what the roller block boys feel about my crude blowback Scorpion. I don't even consider them in the same league.

I've never had even an itch to spend a single dollar on whatever it is that appeals to so many people about the Stribog. Looks like a giant hunk of ass to me and people are just happy because it's cheap imo. Well so are hi points. BFD.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Im the op and ended up Going with the scorpion I felt it was a much better choice for long term reliability and longevity, aftermarket support as well as factory support
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
sure,
didnt mean to bash the Striborg. Unfortunately it's still too new and testing requires a lot of time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sure,

The Striborg has been around for a bit now. We are only just now getting it here. There have been euro only version for a while. Remember, they also have the delayed blow back version as well. I wonder if Striborg is still going to try to bring in the delayed blowback conversion kits for the original models when they finally get the A3 in, like was mentioned in the Striborg thread.

https://grandpower.eu/stribog-line/?lang=en

The 22lr model looks cool. Wish i could find the extended handguard version that was shown in a video in the Striborg thread.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#21]
For me, the only reason to buy a PCC is to make it into an SBR and if I’m going to SBR a PCC I have no interest in an 8” barrel.

Thus, I went with the Scorpion as the you’re basically stuck with the factory barrel length on the Stribog.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#22]
It sounds like a lot of people just get hung up on the fact the Stribog is aluminum vs. the Scorpion being polymer, and assume because the Stribog is a mostly metal gun that it'll last longer.  A good polymer gun is just as good as an aluminum gun.  In terms of longevity, I'd give the advantage to the Scorpion.  I've seen them drowned in mud, filled with sand, and covered with snow/ice and they just continue to run.  The Scorpion is also, as others mentioned, used worldwide by multiple military and police forces where-as the Stribog is not.  The Scorpion is replacing the MP5 for a lot of mil and LEO units.  Just because it's made of polymer doesn't mean it's cheap and fragile, and just because the Stribog is metal doesn't mean it's "more durable."  Two of the most durable handguns in the world are polymer: the HK USP and the Glock.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Seems like a silly thing to get hung up on with a 9mm pcc but if you're worried about durability and long term support the CZ is the way to go.  Personally I can't stand the gun, but they flat out run.

I actually think the polymer construction is more durable than the aluminum.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Stribog is much more robust and very solid. It’s not a Rubbermaid gun. My only complaint is the current generation of mags are meh but they’re releasing a metal lipped version eventually and also someone has done a Glock mag comparable lower prototype.
View Quote
Rubbermaid gun lol. Why would anyone want a glock mag version of anything? Single feed, pain in the ass to load. They’re cheap but that’s about the only thing they have going for them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I mean I've seen multiple scorpions easily going strong well past 100k with nothing more than spring replacements (hammer spring, recoil spring, extractor spring)
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It sounds like a lot of people just get hung up on the fact the Stribog is aluminum vs. the Scorpion being polymer, and assume because the Stribog is a mostly metal gun that it'll last longer.
View Quote
The same people who buy P-Mags over steel USGI mags. Probably the same people who also refuse to buy new cars because they're made of plastic too.
Also people who say "it's built better", but aren't so concerned with better quality that they'll spend the extra to get a B&T GHM9.

I'm just finally warming up to the Scorpion... but only because I saw the Innovative Arms suppressor for it. Otherwise I'd never give it a second thought.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I own a scorpion, but was at one point considering getting a stribog. I joined a stribog Facebook group to find out more information. I started seeing the magazine issues and function issues some users had. I thought, alright, that sorta to be expected.

One thing that turned me away from it was that some people had received magazines that were not stress relieved. The guy behind the stribog, who is pretty active on there, told people to pop them into the oven and bake them for a certain amount of time. I mean, that is a fix sure but why not just do what CZ did and offer replace the magazines? I looked and I might have missed it, but to the best of my knowledge I didn't see any posts offering magazine replacement.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Own both in SBR form - with the Scorpion joining the family about 2 years before the Stribog. If I had it to do over again, I would stick with the Stribog (only). I prefer the way the Stribog feels/handles and the way it suppresses over the Scorpion. My Scorpion has all of the relevant upgrades - grip, spring(s), magazines, handguard and barrel. I'd still choose the Stribog.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Own both in SBR form - with the Scorpion joining the family about 2 years before the Stribog. If I had it to do over again, I would stick with the Stribog (only). I prefer the way the Stribog feels/handles and the way it suppresses over the Scorpion. My Scorpion has all of the relevant upgrades - grip, spring(s), magazines, handguard and barrel. I'd still choose the Stribog.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270048/SP9A1a_jpg-1247108.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270048/IMG_E2094_JPG-1247109.JPG
View Quote
Does the stribog produce less bolt noise or something? Why does it suppress better?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Does the stribog produce less bolt noise or something? Why does it suppress better?
View Quote
less gas to the face for me and the recoil impulse is softer (on the Stribog). They sound about the same at the ear running the MiniBoss with 147gr Speer with a -tad- more bolt noise from the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
less gas to the face for me and the recoil impulse is softer (on the Stribog). They sound about the same at the ear running the MiniBoss with 147gr Speer with a -tad- more bolt noise from the Scorpion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the scorpion bolt is a bit noisy. I don’t really notice any gas from it but I shoot it mostly with a hybrid. The big bore and all that volume really helps with gas on pretty much everything. I’d like to play around with a stribog, I’ve never seen one in person.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I own a scorpion, but was at one point considering getting a stribog. I joined a stribog Facebook group to find out more information. I started seeing the magazine issues and function issues some users had. I thought, alright, that sorta to be expected.

One thing that turned me away from it was that some people had received magazines that were not stress relieved. The guy behind the stribog, who is pretty active on there, told people to pop them into the oven and bake them for a certain amount of time. I mean, that is a fix sure but why not just do what CZ did and offer replace the magazines? I looked and I might have missed it, but to the best of my knowledge I didn't see any posts offering magazine replacement.
View Quote
Every person who asked got new mags.  If you announce a replacement like you describe, people will break their stuff & you won't get as good of data, and will replace good product.  If you have infinite money or it's mandated by the government, that's when a true recall is warranted.  I don't really want an NHTSA for guns, though.

I'm just happy they aren't ditching mag compatibility to fix the issue, like some brands have in the past.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I purchased on 10/31/19 on a layaway. Less than 2 weeks after the heavier buffer spring issue and mag issue came into focus. Could of cancelled and here's why I didn't.

Jaro (Grand Power) & Global Ordanance (Distributor)
1. Quickly issued statement's in one way shape or form.
2. Took Responsibility which was shocking.
3. Rectified said issues with affected base.

Now given I heard Jaro was a bit butthurt at first but you would be too if the Stribog was your brainchild. Nonetheless him and Global Ordnance did an amazing job making it right. I found it unique to be able has a customer to have voice of influence and a working relationship with a manufacturer and distributor. I was so impressed with them overcoming issues that would of and have tanked other firearms designs and plagued other manufacturers that I stayed on board.
I finally picked up my Stribog after new years and altogether I've put almost $1700 into that project. It is my poor man's UMP except I actually like the look better. If they (Grand Power & Global Ordanance) don't fuck this up, this platform will be the next glock of the PCC world! I've never seen the aftermarket jump so fast for a platform. My cousin has the Scorpion and I shot it once a few years back and it seems to be a good gun, so no qualms there but I would rather stick with the Stribog. Just my 2 cents. Oh and Roller Delayed Blowback and better magazines etc., are on the way! Patience is required with the importation process unfortunately.

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't own either but being I won't get either as a pistol or have the luxury of doing a SBR, I like the overall looks and handling of the Scorpion and will eventually get one. If we have learned anything from CZ, it is that they make a tough gun that will last.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I purchased on 10/31/19 on a layaway. Less than 2 weeks after the heavier buffer spring issue and mag issue came into focus. Could of cancelled and here's why I didn't.

Jaro (Grand Power) & Global Ordanance (Distributor)
1. Quickly issued statement's in one way shape or form.
2. Took Responsibility which was shocking.
3. Rectified said issues with affected base.

Now given I heard Jaro was a bit butthurt at first but you would be too if the Stribog was your brainchild. Nonetheless him and Global Ordnance did an amazing job making it right. I found it unique to be able has a customer to have voice of influence and a working relationship with a manufacturer and distributor. I was so impressed with them overcoming issues that would of and have tanked other firearms designs and plagued other manufacturers that I stayed on board.
I finally picked up my Stribog after new years and altogether I've put almost $1700 into that project. It is my poor man's UMP except I actually like the look better. If they (Grand Power & Global Ordanance) don't fuck this up, this platform will be the next glock of the PCC world! I've never seen the aftermarket jump so fast for a platform. My cousin has the Scorpion and I shot it once a few years back and it seems to be a good gun, so no qualms there but I would rather stick with the Stribog. Just my 2 cents. Oh and Roller Delayed Blowback and better magazines etc., are on the way! Patience is required with the importation process unfortunately.
Stribog Unfolded
Stribog Folded
View Quote
Not hating here, I think the stribog is a cool gun but what can you do to it aftermarket wise?  Can’t swap the grip right? Can’t swap the rail. Are there aftermarket triggers for it? The rest is pretty much just bolt on shit that works for every other gun out there. That’s my only real gripe with it and what has kept me from picking one up. There’s nothing you can really do to it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not hating here, I think the stribog is a cool gun but what can you do to it aftermarket wise?  Can’t swap the grip right? Can’t swap the rail. Are there aftermarket triggers for it? The rest is pretty much just bolt on shit that works for every other gun out there. That’s my only real gripe with it and what has kept me from picking one up. There’s nothing you can really do to it.
View Quote
It's all happening as we speak and is in the works. Safety Harbor Firearms just created a lower that will accept glock mags and AR grips and should take AR fire controls, but it is glock which kind of sucks for this application but good for $.SHF Glock Lower. The innovation here is in what will come next IMO. There will be more lowers that I'm sure will incorporate AR fire controls and either OEM, HK, Colt style mags.
In Lead We Trust has a Tri Lug barrel that is shorter and removes the silly gap the Stribog has to the Suppressor ILWT Barrel
HBIndustries makes an ambi Charging kit, a better BHO, an upgraded Charging Block Only (ball detents) or kit for non-reciprocating models and a micro comp plus more. HBI

You can put almost any brace you'd put on anything else so with top and bottom 1913 and side MLOK mounts what more do you want for upgrades?

Maybe something like this?
Dragon Snout
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's all happening as we speak and is in the works. Safety Harbor Firearms just created a lower that will accept glock mags and AR grips and should take AR fire controls, but it is glock which kind of sucks for this application but good for $.SHF Glock Lower. The innovation here is in what will come next IMO. There will be more lowers that I'm sure will incorporate AR fire controls and either OEM, HK, Colt style mags.
In Lead We Trust has a Tri Lug barrel that is shorter and removes the silly gap the Stribog has to the Suppressor ILWT Barrel
HBIndustries makes an ambi Charging kit, a better BHO, an upgraded Charging Block Only (ball detents) or kit for non-reciprocating models and a micro comp plus more. HBI

You can put almost any brace you'd put on anything else so with top and bottom 1913 and side MLOK mounts what more do you want for upgrades?

Maybe something like this?
Dragon Snout
View Quote
Oh that’s cool. So the upper is the firearm? I’ll be in the market for one with some of those options. I never really had a “thing” before, I always liked pretty much everything but over the last few years I’ve really gotten into PCCs. They’re all I really shoot now days. My wife will probably put my balls in a bench vice if I bring another one home.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh that’s cool. So the upper is the firearm? I’ll be in the market for one with some of those options. I never really had a “thing” before, I always liked pretty much everything but over the last few years I’ve really gotten into PCCs. They’re all I really shoot now days. My wife will probably put my balls in a bench vice if I bring another one home.
View Quote
Fuck it!  I just dumped 2k in a damn Springfield Saint Edge pistol and then this thing caught my eye and I was stuck. Almost another 2k later and I'm in Love hahaha. I wanted the Dan Haga ACR style pistol tailhook host but then I would of spent another $300. I need to save for the Silencerco Omega 9k Suppressor now lol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#39]
THE ARMY’S SUB COMPACT WEAPON PROGRAM

The companies in the original list included Angstadt, Beretta, Brügger & Thomet (provided by their Trident Rifles partner), Colt, CMMG, CZ, Heckler & Koch, Lewis Machine & Tool, Noveske, PTR, Quarter Circle, Sig Sauer, and Zenith Firearms — the literal A-to-Z in compact guns.
View Quote
Then, in July, the Army pulled the plug on the whole thing and restructured their requirements to include a tough list of must-haves such as that the gun be under 15-inches long overall with the stock collapsed, and remain under 5-pounds. Keep in mind this was to produce a gun for guys who may have to react to a threat while in the back of an SUV or walking down a hallway in a hotel.
View Quote
Angstadt of Charlotte, North Carolina with a $27,907 award.
B&T with a $27,364 bid.
Global Ordnance of Sarasota, Florida with a $19,529 award.
Shield Arms of Big Fork, Montana, with a $33,350 contract.
Sig Sauer, with a $32,516 award.
Trident of Odenton, Maryland with a $31,712 award.
View Quote
I doubt any of the weapons on that list are POS but it sounds like the Army was looking for a quality sub gun and narrowed things down to what would be the best for them and the end user. The B&T won and its a great gun! Aside from that fact what else influenced the Army's decision remains unknown and I don't plan on submitting a FOIA to get the findings and dissect them. Having used Army equipment I am confident that all guns in the running supplied are good enough weapons for the end user but factors like production capabilities, back-doors and bottom lines matter to the Army and Politicians. WTF do I know though, the world is not flat, and ACU's definitely didn't camouflage shit lol!

My point is Grand Power, and the Stribog A3 Roller Delayed Blowback (RDB)model at least made it to the dance where many others waited to be. Might not have left with the crown but GP had the chance at taking it. Maybe after Grand Power Re-consolidates and Re-organizes the millions there about to make off the US Civilian market there company will be in a better position to produce for the American Military.

One fact is if we support them now it will only bolster the support and demand for the RDB SP9A3 which will be here soon and its rumored to be MP5 smooth at under 1K. Economics.... You can spend your K's however you want but the Stibog will be the Glock of the PCC world whether anyone likes it or not. Hopefully soon Magpul will make mags.

RLTW!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
THE ARMY’S SUB COMPACT WEAPON PROGRAM

I doubt any of the weapons on that list are POS but it sounds like the Army was looking for a quality sub gun and narrowed things down to what would be the best for them and the end user. The B&T won and its a great gun! Aside from that fact what else influenced the Army's decision remains unknown and I don't plan on submitting a FOIA to get the findings and dissect them. Having used Army equipment I am confident that all guns in the running supplied are good enough weapons for the end user but factors like production capabilities, back-doors and bottom lines matter to the Army and Politicians. WTF do I know though, the world is not flat, and ACU's definitely didn't camouflage shit lol!

My point is Grand Power, and the Stribog A3 Roller Delayed Blowback (RDB)model at least made it to the dance where many others waited to be. Might not have left with the crown but GP had the chance at taking it. Maybe after Grand Power Re-consolidates and Re-organizes the millions there about to make off the US Civilian market there company will be in a better position to produce for the American Military.

One fact is if we support them now it will only bolster the support and demand for the RDB SP9A3 which will be here soon and its rumored to be MP5 smooth at under 1K. Economics.... You can spend your K's however you want but the Stibog will be the Glock of the PCC world whether anyone likes it or not. Hopefully soon Magpul will make mags.

RLTW!
View Quote
I like the sound of an RDB under a thousand. MP5s shoot great but that’s about where the good stops. It’ll be nice to have something with modern ergos.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I never looked at Personal Defense Weapons (PDW) or Pistol Caliber Carbines (PCC) closely before but while researching I found some interesting facts about the Grand Power Stribog and some of the competitors.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/08/28/the-armys-sub-gun-program-is-still-going-and-heres-one-of-the-submissions/
https://www.tactical-life.com/news/sub-compact-weapon-prototypes/
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/09/17/breaking-us-army-selects-6-companies-for-sub-compact-weapon-programme/
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/09/18/first-look-global-ordnances-sub-compact-weapon-entry/

After that I started looking more and found this and there it was, Global Ordnance of Sarasota, Florida with a $19,529 award.
https://www.guns.com/news/2019/01/31/the-armys-sub-compact-weapon-program-and-the-guns-that-it-spawned-photos
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/03/07/global-ordnance-llc-and-grand-power-announce-partnership/
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-ordnance-llc-and-grand-power-announce-partnership-global-ordnance-is-the-exclusive-supplier-of-grand-power-firearms-to-the-us-beginning-march-12th-2019-300804501.html

The winner was not Grand Power. However after the field had been narrowed down with a reshuffle that was caused by more stringent requirements, or by focusing on the specific end user needs, the Stribog joined a strong competitive field. That alone makes me feel better about my initial $800 investment.

"On March 29, 2019, B&T was awarded a contract in the U.S. Army's Sub Compact Weapon Production-Other Transaction Agreement (P-OTA) competition for its APC9K submachinegun. The $2.6 million contract includes an initial 350 subcompact weapons (SCW) with an option for additional quantities of up to 1,000 SCWs, with slings, manuals, accessories, and spare parts."
View Quote
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/04/01/the-army-picked-this-sub-gun-for-security-details-to-use-while-protecting-top-commanders/
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a27021124/us-army-submachine-gun/
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/27261/this-is-the-armys-new-submachine-gun

I still haven't found out how the STRIBOG performed but I hope to.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
@hoothrewpoo

I agree. I never had my Scorpion SBR'd, but after buying my Stribog and shooting the Stribog and Scorpion back to back over many hundred of rounds, it was clear the Stribog was the better overall gun. Even after dropping extra money into the Scorpion (grip, safety, trigger, hand guard....etc.) the Stribog is still nicer factory stock. There really isn't much that needs to be upgraded on the Stribog. Scorpion is just awful how it comes from the factory if you plan to shoot it much.

Stribog is the better gun over the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#43]
So what I'm hearing is "get both".
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So what I'm hearing is "get both".
View Quote
Seriously! The CZ just looks pretty fuckin awesome. With all the aftermarket available why not if you can and its definitely not going anywhere.
I love my Stribog and if I had a few less kids I would have a few more guns and the CZ would have a spot.

If the SP9A3 Roller Delayed Blowback Stribog gets here soon that's next especially if they can get the 9&10mm models in.

Sounds like you got room to maneuver, how about that new LWRC45? It has some wow factor. This pic is from another users post in the LWRC45 thread and It made my jaw drop. Very sexy!

Not THE LWRC, but it is a solid performer and it's sexy too but not over $2-3k
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Maybe wait for the 9mm PSA JAKL they said would be coming down the pipeline?

Seems like it would probably match up best with the current Stribog?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Assuming the 5.56 and .300 BLK PSA JAKL don't get released until end 2020/early 2021 and a potential 9mm won't be out unit sometime in 2021, the 9mm JAKL will already be behind the eight ball as the SP9A3 will have already been out and killing the market (assuming it gets approved by the ATF in the next few months and starts getting imported shortly thereafter).
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#47]
The LWRC looks bad ass but it’s sooo expensive.  One of the really attractive (to me anyway) things about the scorpion and stribog is the low price of admission. It’s tougher for me to pull the trigger on a $1500 to $2000 dollar gun. I’d rather start out at the $700 to $1000 mark and upgrade it as I see fit.  After SBRing my scorpion and all the upgrades needed to make it usable I’ve probably got $1500 in it. I was able to shoot it and get a feel for what mods it needed or I wanted. All that said, if I had unlimited funds I’d definitely get that lwrc. Lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Assuming the 5.56 and .300 BLK PSA JAKL don't get released until end 2020/early 2021 and a potential 9mm won't be out unit sometime in 2021, the 9mm JAKL will already be behind the eight ball as the SP9A3 will have already been out and killing the market (assuming it gets approved by the ATF in the next few months and starts getting imported shortly thereafter).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC they said end of Q3 2020 for the .300blk with the 5.56 following shortly behind. 9mm seems to be the primary new caliber focus after that. I'd say your 2021 estimate is probably correct but it may still be worth waiting and seeing. They said it would be blowback but maybe that changes with the release of their mp5 or the Stribog SP9A3. It may also be worthwhile to someone if it were to use Scorpion mags or some other whiz bang feature. It's probably already going to support AR triggers/grips/safeties/etc.

Nothing against the Stribog, it seems to be an excellent gun with an excellent company behind it, but if everything else is equal I'd rather support the American company.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Steel Lipped Stribog Magazines

The soon to be released SP9A3 "RDB" Stribog along with the improved magazine design is keeping me wanting more. The aftermarket already has a great footprint and Grand Power actually listens to what consumers want and also fixes shit that isn't working very fast.

For $800 I seriously think anyone would be hard pressed to find a better gun, and we've all spent more than the Stribog costs only to receive so much less. With the Stribog you get way more gun than the $800 you pay and no matter how you slice it and that's a fact!

Yes, you could stay loyal to American manufacturing or go fancy with fine European offerings, but plain and simple you will pay more, most of the time way more for a little more in function and beauty but you will get that name.

In conclusion the reason to choose a Stribog is to save $800 because your gonna want it eventually and Grand Power will eventually start charging American and European company prices for the same SP9A1/SP9A3's. Right now its an opportunity because of the price and exportation/importation issues with the A3 so you can get a great gun A1 cheap but once Grand Power & Global Ordanance really get going and unfuck whatever the problem is exporting to the U.S., I forsee changes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Seriously! The CZ just looks pretty fuckin awesome. With all the aftermarket available why not if you can and its definitely not going anywhere.
I love my Stribog and if I had a few less kids I would have a few more guns and the CZ would have a spot.

If the SP9A3 Roller Delayed Blowback Stribog gets here soon that's next especially if they can get the 9&10mm models in.

Sounds like you got room to maneuver, how about that new LWRC45? It has some wow factor. This pic is from another users post in the LWRC45 thread and It made my jaw drop. Very sexy!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c5/8f/47/c58f479a9cce1ab8fe302fdc9679ab48.jpg
View Quote
I do like that LWRC but it doesn't look like the one in the picture. What's with the M-Lok spots to the rear of the receiver?
Besides, I'm hopefully going to be blowing a healthy portion of my wad getting the ASC9.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top