Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2020 4:35:32 PM EDT
Anybody else have an issue with their Scorpion trigger not resetting?

I bought the gun new and installed a HB Industries Reduced Weight Trigger Spring kit.    Shot it for about a year and probably 2,000 rounds with no issues.  I recently changed out the barrel and fore end and installed a HB micro K conversion with a 5.3" barrel.  I've taken it out three times now and shot 50 rounds each time.   I've had a failure to reset 2-5 times each time I've gone out.  Gun has been cleaned after each outing and everything looks ok in the triggers and trigger housing.  

Any thoughts on what the issue could be?  

UPDATE
After some back and forth emails with HBI, with several suggestions from them, it still wasn't working.  They sent me a new spring kit free of charge.  Two 50 round range sessions and no problems.

Thank you HBI for the great service!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I contacted HBI when mine did this and they told me to make sure the spring legs were pushed to the correct side for the trigger spring, i think it was towards the outside wall.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The trigger spring was maybe a millimeter from the trigger housing wall.  I pushed it against the wall.  I'll see what happens when I test it next weekend.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]
did you use the HB disconnector spring too?  wondering if its not catching the hammer?

i bought an HB trigger spring kit and only changed the hammer spring. i assumed the discon spring was lighter and didnt really want that.  will i run into troubles?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
did you use the HB disconnector spring too?  wondering if its not catching the hammer?

i bought an HB trigger spring kit and only changed the hammer spring. i assumed the discon spring was lighter and didnt really want that.  will i run into troubles?
View Quote
Yes, I used the HB disconnector spring.  My issue is that the trigger is occasionally not moving forward after I fire a shot. When it happens, I can push the trigger forward with my finger and then pull the trigger to fire the gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I had faliure to reset after my early HBI installation. Do you have the shim washer?

Without the shim, any tiny bit of dirt between the bolt/firing pin safety can cause drag, and the trigger spring may not be able to overcome it. See my post here.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84033.0
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
The shim washer is in.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Polish up the disconnect and reset surfaces.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Typically the trigger won't reset when using the HBI trigger return spring with the factory disconnector spring. The factory disconnector spring is too strong for the trigger return spring to overcome.

For anyone having issues, please email [email protected]. Photos of your trigger return spring installation also help greatly for diagnosing issues.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm pretty sure I used the HBI disconnect spring; but, now you've got me wondering.  I installed the kit 2 years ago.

I took it out today and shot another 50 rounds.  Had a failure of the trigger to reset probably 50% of the time.  When I got home today, I took the trigger pack out of the gun/pistol grip and cleaned it up just in case something was dirty.  I made sure the trigger spring legs were where they were supposed to be and reassembled the gun.  I didn't get any failure to resets while manually cycling the gun after this.  I did get some failure to resets previously while cycling manually.  I'll see what happens next weekend on the range.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Update in first post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top