Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2020 6:13:05 PM EDT
I have a Scorpion that I SBR’d, and I put in the lighter HBI trigger springs and HBI curved trigger. The problem is that the reset is super long - every time I am shooting quickly I end up pulling back on the trigger before it resets and I end up thinking I have a malfunction until I realize I have to let up on the trigger more. It’s not that the trigger isn’t resetting, it is, it’s just that it is hella long.

I like the lighter trigger, but I think I will have to go back to stock springs, trigger and sear (with US made trigger and sear). Are there any other options out there? I see CZ offers a custom trigger job, but it’s ridiculously expensive.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Shooters Element and see what they can do for you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You could try the YetiWurks blizzard trigger. $39
You can set take up and over travel.
I have no experience with it but just a suggestion.

YetiWurks Trigger
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Yesterday must have been the day for this issue.  I also have the HBI trigger springs (with the flat trigger), and I really like the feel of the pull.  But every shot I squeezed off yesterday resulted in a failure to reset.  I had to manually push the trigger forward to get it to reset.

I believe I found where the issue is.  I ran out of time yesterday, but plan to work on it today.  If my guess is correct, it'll be an easy fix.

Quoted:
I have a Scorpion that I SBR’d, and I put in the lighter HBI trigger springs and HBI curved trigger. The problem is that the reset is super long - every time I am shooting quickly I end up pulling back on the trigger before it resets and I end up thinking I have a malfunction until I realize I have to let up on the trigger more. It’s not that the trigger isn’t resetting, it is, it’s just that it is hella long.

I like the lighter trigger, but I think I will have to go back to stock springs, trigger and sear (with US made trigger and sear). Are there any other options out there? I see CZ offers a custom trigger job, but it’s ridiculously expensive.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#4]
This happened to me. I found that l didn't have the hbi spring completely in the correct position. After l took it apart and adjusted it resolved that issue.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m4hooah:
Yesterday must have been the day for this issue.  I also have the HBI trigger springs (with the flat trigger), and I really like the feel of the pull.  But every shot I squeezed off yesterday resulted in a failure to reset.  I had to manually push the trigger forward to get it to reset.

I believe I found where the issue is.  I ran out of time yesterday, but plan to work on it today.  If my guess is correct, it'll be an easy fix.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the above. Friend was having the same issue at the range. less than a minute later had the lower off, spring leg pushed over with my pocket knife and he has had no further problems. I had the same issue right after I installed the springs in my first pistol, but I caught it at home while doing safety checks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
+2.  I just checked mine, and I had both of the above issues.

1. The rolled pin on the trigger paddle protruded, on both sides.  I filed a little length off it.  It's now perfectly flush on both sides.

2. The spring was also "crossed".  I pushed the bottom (shorter) leg against the trigger assembly tray wall.  I moved the longer leg to the sear body.  

Functions perfectly now.

However, I will mention one observation I had with mine.  The longer spring leg seems to want to pop out of proper position.  It wants to rest against the wall like the shorter leg does.  I just moved it back into proper position.  I'll monitor it to see if it stays.  If it doesn't stay, I could always cut a very small notch in the block lever to help it stay in place.

Thanks for the help The_Punisher!
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:

https://i.imgur.com/1YbXPCb.jpg
View Quote

I had this same issue earlier this year.  Moving the spring legs over in the correct position only helped for 10 - 20 rounds, then they would move out of position.  HBI provided great service in answering questions and ended up sending me a new spring kit, no charge.

My thread
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have the ShootingSight 2-stage trigger in mine.  I much prefer it over the HBI trigger springs and CZ Custom trigger.  I have first hand experience with both.  Unfortunately, the ShootingSight 2-stage trigger is out of stock at the moment because of the pandemic.  But you can contact them to be put on a waitlist or be notified when available.  

https://shootingsight.com/product-category/scorpion/
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow?  $239! Yeah I'll stick with my hbi modded trigger.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stimr2:

I have the ShootingSight 2-stage trigger in mine.  I much prefer it over the HBI trigger springs and CZ Custom trigger.  I have first hand experience with both.  Unfortunately, the ShootingSight 2-stage trigger is out of stock at the moment because of the pandemic.  But you can contact them to be put on a waitlist or be notified when available.   

https://shootingsight.com/product-category/scorpion/
View Quote

Is there a reason they made it a 2-stage? It's not a precision gun by any means.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I ultimately decided to go with the factory trigger job. Best trigger on a Scorpion by far. Much reduced weight (over stock), Short let off and reset, very positive reset. The HBI trigger and springs give you a lighter, but MUCH longer pull and reset. I had no malfunctions and 100% ignition.

Customer service was great. I sent emails that were answered quickly. They quoted me 4-6 weeks and had it back to me in less than 3 weeks - how often does that happen in the gun industry? I just had to send in the lower - they installed their trigger, hammer, sear and springs. Sent me back the parts I had in there.

Expensive? Yes, ridiculously so - even Bill Geissele be like, “Damn, that’s a pricey trigger.”

Am I saying the HBI trigger sucks? Definitely not. It’s a quality light trigger; it’s just not what I was looking for. I’m damn picky about my triggers. Also, HBI customer service is stellar! I’ll continue to buy accessories and parts through them.

Am I glad I got the factory trigger job, despite the EXORBITANT price? I am because it gave me what I wanted and it is, without a doubt, the best a Scorpion trigger can be. I like shooting my Scorpion and would consider it for a SHTF situation.

Should you get this trigger? Depends - if triggers are really important to you and you really like shooting your Scorpion. For most, I’d probably say no.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a Shooters Element hand fluff and buff with new springs and a trigger.

I can't imagine a better trigger is possible.  It is better than a stock milspec AR trigger. Magic.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You could try the YetiWurks blizzard trigger. $39
You can set take up and over travel.
I have no experience with it but just a suggestion.

YetiWurks Trigger
View Quote

I actually have the yeti and LOVE it. 0 overtravel with 0 pre-travel.  I paired it with https://www.mcarbo.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-trigger-spring-kit.aspx. It works well and is well worth the < $50 spent. This made the trigger 1000% better and now doesn't feel clunky to shoot.  My first range trip with the Yeti I had some reset issues, but that's because I didn't account for the mag being inside of the magwell. Make sure you test and tune with and without magazine if you go this route.

In addition, I'm about to spend the extra $200ish for the custom Shootingsight trigger pack (it doesn't come with the trigger shoe). I've used their Tavor trigger pack and it's the best thing I've purchased for my X95 by a landslide.

On another note, here is the Yeti paired with my setup, with an AR15 grip adapter.

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I actually have the yeti and LOVE it. 0 overtravel with 0 pre-travel.  I paired it with https://www.mcarbo.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-trigger-spring-kit.aspx. It works well and is well worth the < $50 spent. This made the trigger 1000% better and now doesn't feel clunky to shoot.  My first range trip with the Yeti I had some reset issues, but that's because I didn't account for the mag being inside of the magwell. Make sure you test and tune with and without magazine if you go this route.

In addition, I'm about to spend the extra $200ish for the custom Shootingsight trigger pack (it doesn't come with the trigger shoe). I've used their Tavor trigger pack and it's the best thing I've purchased for my X95 by a landslide.

On another note, here is the Yeti paired with my setup, with an AR15 grip adapter.
https://i.ibb.co/9rBPvHw/therealahrion-20200728-0001.jpg

View Quote

info on the ar15 grip adapter?
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

info on the ar15 grip adapter?
View Quote

https://czcustom.com/evo-thordsen-adaptor.html

This is the one I purchased but there is another one that's slightly cheaper.  I decided to go with the known reputable manufacturer.

Also, if you go this route, I will always recommend getting a grip with a beaver tail and less of an angle, the is because of it feeling awkward with controls in addition to PCC feel. I'm about to change my grip to a Magpul K2+.  If you go without the beaver tail, there's a gap and it looks super weird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top