Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2018 7:52:39 PM EDT
Has anyone had any issues getting a Manticore Arms sliding stock to fit on a Scorpion?  I tried to install my first Manticore slider and it would barely even start on going on the rails.  I emailed back and forth with Manticfore Arms and they sent me a new stock.  It appears to be having the same issue.

I tried using dial calipers to take various measurements and everything looks like it should fit.  Looking at the stock and gun up to the light with the stock barely on, there is no light coming thru the area where the seam is at on the rear of the gun.  Taking a flat metal rule and laying it across the back of the gun perpendicular to the seam, it appears the seam sticks up about the thickness of a sheet of paper.  Any thoughts on this maybe being the issue?

Manticore Arms has been great to deal with, I'm just wondering is anyone else has had an similar issue with fit and how they solved it?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
'Both' of mine fit perfectly

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The first time you stock or brace an evo is always super tight. The rear plate on my pistols were so tight they needed to be hammered off with a heavy rubber mallet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The first time you stock or brace an evo is always super tight. The rear plate on my pistols were so tight they needed to be hammered off with a heavy rubber mallet.
View Quote
Installing the first Manticore Arms stock, I got it about 3/4 of the way on using a rubber mallet and I was concerned with the force I was using.  I was at the point of wondering if I was going to break something.  I got the stock to about 1/2 way across the spring loaded button that holds the stock in place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
How easy was it to slide the stocks on?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
on my scorpion it slid on with a slight nudge with the palm of my hand. The gun is from the first batch sent in. And the stock was from manticores first batch.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How easy was it to slide the stocks on?
View Quote
I didn't have to use a mallet but beyond that I don't recall specifics
It's been a while
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Final update:

Manticore Arms sent me a new stock.  It didn't fit any better than the first one.  I took several photos and had multiple email discussions with them.  Most likely my gun has oversized rails where the stock fits.  A couple of passes with a file on the original stock and it went on with just finger pressure.

Kudos to Manticore for sending the new stock for free, with a return shipping label and for diagnosing the problem.  They've been great to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top