Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2018 9:43:31 AM EDT
Are there any recent updates to making them Drop Free?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Wut, I thought they did drop free?

ETA:
I stand corrected, 30 round mags Do drop free in Scorpion. I think mine is the '16 production model IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#2]
no problems with mine. Drops free every time. Mines a first gen production. original non welded.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no problems with mine. Drops free every time. Mines a first gen production.
View Quote
same here
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Easy fix. This man figured it out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
My first Gen use to drop free until I replaced the trigger group with the non welded version. I has to lightly sand the mag well along with the mags to get them to drop free with the bold locked back
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
You Sir are a GENIUS. Mine had to be forcibly ripped from the gun. If I used the left side release, I had to grip it so hard that the release button would whack my thumb as the mag cleared.

Literally 10 strokes and it drops free with the closed bolt.  With the bolt open, it does not drop but pulls out easily.  For now I am going to leave it like this.

Like the homeowner who complains about paying the plumber who fixes the water heater with one tap. You figured out the spot to tap.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine drop free. Gen 2 fde with the welded pack, both styles of mags no idea about MA mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top