Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2018 9:37:18 AM EDT
$660 new on GB.  How'd I do?  Been looking at them for a few months and just ran across an auction for one
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Pot metal?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a pretty good deal.

Aluminum receiver I believe. They say Space Age Alloy, which usually means some type of aluminum.

Has the same lockup as the AR.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aluminum receiver I believe. They say Space Age Alloy, which usually means some type of aluminum.

View Quote
BBBBBZZZZZZZ!  Wrong answer!  almost the same as the Browning BLR....
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Aluminum zinc alloy receiver. Bolt is a 6 lug rotating bolt, lugs are shaped differently
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm planning on running it to the range Wednesday, mounted a Zeiss conquest 4-14x50 that I've had to a few years. I'll upload pics when I have a chance.  So far I really like it, 4lbs trigger, free floated barrel, 1:10 twist, smooth action, no play in the lever, very nice wood and wood to metal fit
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Neighbor bought one and couldn't hit a paper plate at 50 yards. Heck we gave up trying to even sight it in. He took it back the next day and got a full refund, luckily.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm planning on running it to the range Wednesday, mounted a Zeiss conquest 4-14x50 that I've had to a few years. I'll upload pics when I have a chance.  So far I really like it, 4lbs trigger, free floated barrel, 1:10 twist, smooth action, no play in the lever, very nice wood and wood to metal fit
View Quote
Update us when you get a chance, they’re interesting rifles for sure. Henry tends to make quality from what I’ve read!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I put about 60 rounds through the Long Ranger, mostly cheap 150gr Rem Core Lokt and Fed Power Shok and a few rounds of 165 Hornady American Whitetail. The Fed and Rem grouped around an 1 1/2 at 100, the 165 tightened up to a little over an inch. I was unable to test my 168 and 175 reloads due to being packed away in preparation to move.  There were 4 out of 20 rounds of Rem that were a bit sticky to extract, Fed and Hornady didn't have any issues.  I'll be hitting the range in a few days and I'll grab some 180s to try.  Still working on posting pics
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Magazine-fed lever guns are good and bad.

Good because they are available in pointy bullet calibers.
Bad because they give up one of the main advantages of a lever gun: Easy to reload while in condition 1.

Disclaimer: I have a BLR (magazine fed) and I love it - for the good reason.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Magazine-fed lever guns are good and bad.

Good because they are available in pointy bullet calibers.
Bad because they give up one of the main advantages of a lever gun: Easy to reload while in condition 1.

Disclaimer: I have a BLR (magazine fed) and I love it - for the good reason.
View Quote
Very true.  I've owned quite a few levers over the years in pistol and rifle calibers, this is my first detachable mag.  I figured I'd get 1 or 2 additional mags just to make life easier.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Just wondering why for  three hundred more you didn't just buy a Browning BLR?
The Henry is nice, Browning should be flattered, but it is overpriced in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top