Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2022 2:23:06 PM EDT
So I got this drop safe from a subway store in Austin. For $100.

I don't need it I might just throw my bedside gun in the bottom and pull it out at night I don't know what I would do with the rest of the safe which I know is just a little box I have other safes that are "real".

I could just put 400 pounds of lead in it and have it be a bait safe

both top is a combination Sergeant and Greenleaf. And it works well but it feels a little dry

The bottom electronic is also S&G The woman did not have the combination for it and the battery inside is dead.

I ordered a package of 9 V batteries off Amazon because I'm not gonna fight on Saint Patricks Day.

that's sad there is a gouge in the keypad the # and * don't have a great tactile feel along with the  4 everything else feels good and I can hear an audible click.

is there anything I should look at? Is there any way to reprogram it I can take it up part as far as I need to.

Or should I just order a new one off Amazon?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Sounds like a good deal to me. Nice pups made me laugh. Also yet another safe thread. Good luck getting it open.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sounds like a good deal to me. Nice pups made me laugh. Also yet another safe thread. Good luck getting it open.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

oh it is unlocked,

I can lock can unlock the  top like normal 100% it just needs oil.

The bottom is locked open, I am waiting for barratries before I mess with it.

I hope some one here can walk me though re programing it....
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
The fact that the blocking plate behind the electronics has been removed it makes me think that someone has tried to fix it before so I think it may be DOAAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You collecting safes now too?

View Quote

it gives me something to do in between first breakfast and second afternoon nap!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't put a battery in that lock, or else it will not be locked open for long.

If you want to use that compartment as a locked section, have a new lock installed.  If you don't care if it locks remove the lock and relock and then use it that way.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't put a battery in that lock, or else it will not be locked open for long.

If you want to use that compartment as a locked section, have a new lock installed.  If you don't care if it locks remove the lock and relock and then use it that way.
View Quote
I was wondering when you're gonna pop up I value your opinion.

So there is no way I can do any kind of master reset the electronics just need to be junked?

also I can't find an exact match on Amazon I'm a little confused on which model I have I know it's from 2003 I guess this one is discontinued can you help me out and let me know which digital keypad will fit in its place?

Photos will be in the next post
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#11]
that lock looks like crap.   You need to replace the entire thing
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
that lock looks like crap.   You need to replace the entire thing
View Quote
you are right, which model is a direct replacement?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your picture doesn't show a PN or the bolt so I couldn't tell you.  

There are quite a few people here who know lightyears more then me so if they want to object I'll gladly bow to them.

If your wanting to go electronic there are two main things to look for.   swing bolt or deadbolt. Some are not standard lengths but you could measure the bolt and mounting holes you have and match a spec.    Relocker configuration can also matter but if you're capable of taking on this project you should be able to figure that part out.    

MBAUSA carries everything.   look there for new.    places like eBay you'll find some that will be cheaper but the risk of getting one with issues goes way up.   id stay clear of the AMSEC ESL5 series lock

ETA no matter what route you go ....   really look at fitment and function b4 you shut and lock the door.   cycle everything many times and visually look at the operation
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There are quite a few people here who know lightyears more then me so if they want to object I'll gladly bow to them.

If your wanting to go electronic there are two main things to look for.   swing bolt or deadbolt. Some are not standard lengths but you could measure the bolt and mounting holes you have and match a spec.    Relocker configuration can also matter but if you're capable of taking on this project you should be able to figure that part out.    

MBAUSA carries everything.   look there for new.    places like eBay you'll find some that will be cheaper but the risk of getting one with issues goes way up.   id stay clear of the AMSEC ESL5 series lock

ETA no matter what route you go ....   really look at fitment and function b4 you shut and lock the door.   cycle everything many times and visually look at the operation
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really appreciate any help I can get I might try switching the combination lock I have because it looks pretty dang close and if that means it will fit that probably means it's the universe.

I am just looking for something that's why I was mainly looking at Amazon

Photos in the next post let me know if you need anything else thank you
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really appreciate any help I can get I might try switching the combination lock I have because it looks pretty dang close and if that means it will fit that probably means it's the universe.

I am just looking for something that's why I was mainly looking at Amazon

Photos in the next post let me know if you need anything else thank you
View Quote

Look for a Sargent 6120 that is not a swing bolt

another option would be an AMSEC ESL10
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Look for a Sargent 6120 that is not a swing bolt

another option would be an AMSEC ESL10
View Quote

OK I see a bunch of 6120s for about $175 on Amazon

Is that a good price if it is I'll do one tonight

what is a swing bolt?

is it the way my safe is set up or is it the way the 6120 is set up?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@FLchuck8
View Quote

I wouldn't suggest licking that....
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#20]
You could likely get by with a swingbolt on that.  If you wanted to keep it "the way it is" then most electronic lock manufacturers offer a square bolt lock.  Some retract themselves, others require you to twist the keypad to retract.

The AMSEC ESL-10 mentioned above would be a pretty straight forward replacement so long as the spindle hole in the door is large enough to slide the connector through (it looks big enough in the photo).

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You could likely get by with a swingbolt on that.  If you wanted to keep it "the way it is" then most electronic lock manufacturers offer a square bolt lock.  Some retract themselves, others require you to twist the keypad to retract.

The AMSEC ESL-10 mentioned above would be a pretty straight forward replacement so long as the spindle hole in the door is large enough to slide the connector through (it looks big enough in the photo).

View Quote
ok, thanks..

I still am not sure what the Swing bolt means? is that the Shark fin bolt?

My Visa rewards is switching to amazon for 5%  starting march so I will order it then
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ok, thanks..

I still am not sure what the Swing bolt means? is that the Shark fin bolt?
View Quote

yes -  Instead of going in/out it flips to the side
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top