Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2018 11:01:46 PM EDT
Hello, all. I've run into a bit of a problem that I need a hand with.

A few months ago I bought a Henry 22LR lever action; blued with the octagon barrel. I love it, and ever since then I've been debating whether or not to pop a scope on it. Well today the debate ended, and I bought a Vortex Crossfire II, 2-7x32 rimfire. I love the scope to pieces. But....

I can't find the right height rings for it. The scope is a little wide around the objective and eyepiece, which in my case means that I have to raise it up a fair bit to clear the rear sight and the hammer. I laid it out and measured the distance with my calipers. Seems that the ideal height (from the bottom of the scope tube to the top of the dovetail) is 0.600. It measured out at 0.56xx, but that was cutting it awful close. Unfortunately I haven't come up with any rings for 3/8ths dovetails that are the right height, but I did manage to come up with a combination of parts that, although not ideal, seem to deliver the intended result.

I found a dovetail to weaver adapter, which is said to be .270 high, which leaves .330 left. Same company makes a set of rings that fit the bill.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/scope-rings/sure-grip-rings-prod15623.aspx?sku=100003587&avs%7cHeight_1=xzzx332%2522 (955-000-009WB )

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/rifle-bases/3-8-dovetail-to-weaver-adapter-prod18690.aspx (122-000-011WB)

Not quite ideal, but it seems like a worthy solution. Not my favorite, by any means. I'd ultimately prefer dovetail rings that are the right height, but I can't seem to find any.

I welcome anyone who wants to chime in and offer alternatives.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top