Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2022 11:41:31 PM EDT
The collection has grown and I am at the point insurance makes sense. Can anyone give some suggestions for companies? add on riders? or experience with gun insurance?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Collectibles Insurance Services, LLC

Never had to use it so I can't brag about them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Historic Firearms through Eastern Insurance. Call Laura and she will square you away: 1 (800) 545-9326. I used Collectibles for a few years, but switched to Historic because they are less costly and have better benefits with fewer exclusions.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Collectibles Insurance had the best rates I was able to find.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Eastern insurance for me
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Two choices, Collectibles or Eastern.

Serial #s only required if item is high value like over $25,000

Proof of loss required if you have a loss.

Ball park rates are $7.50 per year per 1,000 insured which will vary but this should be close.  If you have an extremely large collection the previous rates are likely high, I have seen some pretty good rates on six figure collections.

Finally, the question everyone asks, has anyone had to file a claim and had problems?  Over the years there have been numerous threads here where Members had to file with both Eastern and CollectInsure AKA Collectibles, no negative company issues have been reported that I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My homeowners insurance company provides me (with additional cost) an $25k collectables policy for sporting goods.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Proof of loss required if you have a loss.
View Quote
What constitutes proof of loss?
A police report?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Personal Article Policy through State Farm. I think it is for around 50k and I pay $160 yearly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I called the insurance company that handles my home owners and they only cover $2,000, over that they want $30 per thousand per year and that only covers when they are on your premises, they also want descriptions and serial numbers for all.

I sent Eastern an email last week and no response. Called them twice this week and set on hold for 20 minutes with no answer.

I will give them a couple more calls tomorrow. After that I will move on to somebody else.

I used to have a policy with Collectables, may have to go back to them.

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Eastern for me also. They are a good company and the cost for the coverage is very reasonable.

@G21 I think the person that handles the firearms policies has been out this week. I say this only because I had to contact the the company and received an auto-reply email saying she was out this week.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I called the insurance company that handles my home owners and they only cover $2,000, over that they want $30 per thousand per year and that only covers when they are on your premises, they also want descriptions and serial numbers for all.

I sent Eastern an email last week and no response. Called them twice this week and set on hold for 20 minutes with no answer.

I will give them a couple more calls tomorrow. After that I will move on to somebody else.

I used to have a policy with Collectables, may have to go back to them.

View Quote

I have had both, Eastern and Collectibles.

Collectibles cost more but better (a lot better) customer service.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I tried a few more times and could never reach anyone at Eastern, and they have never answered my quote request online from 3 weeks ago..

Called Collectibles and had a policy in 5 minutes.

$30k was only $222 per year.

That covers firearms', scopes, magazines, ammo and knives. Even if you are away from home with them.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]
We've used Collectibles (Collect Insure) for years, they're good to go.

No articles list, covers your stuff while traveling, and they actually respond.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone know anything about Core-Vens Insurance?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Collectibles Insurance is great. Had a policy for over 12 years now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Just went with collectibles yesterday. Very easy to get coverage online and very responsive to questions. I hope I never have to use them
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I tried a few more times and could never reach anyone at Eastern, and they have never answered my quote request online from 3 weeks ago..

That covers firearms', scopes, magazines, ammo and knives. Even if you are away from home with them.

View Quote

Collectibles is less than half that price once you get into higher numbers.  More like $3/$1000 insured value.  And it gets progressively cheaper as you go up.  So if in doubt, insure to a higher value.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Collectibles quoted me $387 for $50k coverage.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't know if Eastern does this, too, but i really love that I can set up my Collectibles policy to auto increase 1% every month.

I KNOW I'm going to buy more guns, so it's nice to not have to keep calling them to increase my coverage.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you prove how much ammo,mags etc you have?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a policy with Gun & Trophy, which was very cheap.  They are very responsive, as well.  I will probably be looking to switch at the end of the policy period because Gun & Trophy does not cover reloading equipment, though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Historic Firearms through Eastern Insurance. Call Laura and she will square you away: 1 (800) 545-9326. I used Collectibles for a few years, but switched to Historic because they are less costly and have better benefits with fewer exclusions.
View Quote

I also use Eastern. Covers everything and allows for additional ammo riders to cover the fort. They also give a discount for being an arfcom member.

It’s about $5 per $1000 covered. I also have a large ammo rider to cover the fort, which adds to the cost, but not much.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's my question as well. I take pics of guns and serial numbers when i buy them. Then I'll take pics of my equipment on shelves. Not sure if that's adequate.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's my question as well. I take pics of guns and serial numbers when i buy them. Then I'll take pics of my equipment on shelves. Not sure if that's adequate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take inventory, use a spreadsheet, take pictures that shows the date. Update the spreadsheet & pictures periodically.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top