Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2019 8:05:50 PM EDT
Just picked up a Para DSA 16". It came with the railed scope mount cover. I'd like to switch to the cover without the rail. I picked up a FAL cover from Apex, it doesn't fit over the bolt. Additionally the recoil spring end piece locks into the railed dust cover. Do most FALs have that? This one I got from Apex does not.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is Apex I've never heard of them?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You need a para top cover. Is your receiver modified to para configuration? That will tell you if you need a cover with a nose or no nose.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need a para top cover. Is your receiver modified to para configuration? That will tell you if you need a cover with a nose or no nose.
View Quote
How can I tell?

Apexgunparts.com
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How can I tell?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

You'll need a para dust cover either way (not the standard cover you got from Apex) but the nose is optional on the para.
Real factory paras had it (can't speak regarding DSA's paras).
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Regular fals have the recoil spring in the stock. Paras have it in the dust cover. Thus the difference.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Factory DSA paras have the top cover nose relief cut in the receiver.  Mine does, at least.

This is so the top cover, bolt and carrier come out as one unit, and go back in the same way.  
makes field stripping for cleaning a lot easier.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Factory DSA paras have the top cover nose relief cut in the receiver.  Mine does, at least.

This is so the top cover, bolt and carrier come out as one unit, and go back in the same way.  
makes field stripping for cleaning a lot easier.
View Quote
if one want to put a recess in for a para top cover with nose its not that hard. i had a cutter with a guide bushing at the end and did a few with a power drill. looks like factory except for the lack of finish
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top