Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 1:57:59 AM EDT
It appears Wilson Combat discontinued the Remington 870 based Scattergun Technologies shotguns. They are all marked discontinued 1-11-21 except the magfed which was discontinued on 4-22-20. They should have bid on some of Remington's tooling.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/standard/
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah well, if I'm going to spend $1500 on a shotgun I'm getting a Benelli.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
They'll probably still build on a supplied gun. If whoever takes over the 870's builds a decent gun I am sure they will offer them again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They'll probably still build on a supplied gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They'll probably still build on a supplied gun.
Not if they didn't retain a big inventory of the parts they commonly replace.

If whoever takes over the 870's builds a decent gun I am sure they will offer them again.
Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah well, if I'm going to spend $1500 on a shotgun I'm getting a Benelli.
View Quote

This or a Beretta 1301 Tactical!

I have Remy's, Mossberg's, Winchester's, a Beretta, a Franchi and Benelli's.  If I must have a pump it would be the 870"P" (I have one of these and it is nice!) followed by the Mossberg 590A1 (I don't care for the fore stock wobble..).

For Autos, it would be the M4, Beretta Tactical 1301, Benelli M2.

Just my $0.02.

D
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]
SGT was pretty much dead when Wilson bought them.

I remember when they were still in Nashville and had well over a dozen models of kick-ass 870s and 1187s.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I remember when they were still in Nashville and had well over a dozen models of kick-ass 870s and 1187s.
View Quote

When I was a kid(15ish) I sent them a email asking about fixing my 870 up. The guy who replied said he would do it gratis and I should look up what that meant

Never did send it in and I regret it
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember when they opened shop and they had the $149 deal where you sent in your worn out 870 and they'd chop the barrel to whatever length you wanted, install a new sight, replace all of the springs and follower, reparkerize it and install a Speedfeed stock and forearm?  Pepperidge Farms remembers.  I used it in 3 gun a couple of times before I moved overseas-I just realized I haven't shot a formal competition in over ten years now.  Times flies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Remember when they opened shop and they had the $149 deal where you sent in your worn out 870 and they'd chop the barrel to whatever length you wanted, install a new sight, replace all of the springs and follower, reparkerize it and install a Speedfeed stock and forearm?  Pepperidge Farms remembers.  I used it in 3 gun a couple of times before I moved overseas-I just realized I haven't shot a formal competition in over ten years now.  Times flies.
View Quote

Wilson Combat still does this, it’s their Remington Steal package - https://www.wilsoncombat.com/shotgun-customization/#remingtonsteal
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wilson Combat still does this, it’s their Remington Steal package - https://www.wilsoncombat.com/shotgun-customization/#remingtonsteal
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like it's $230 now, not bad considering mine was done not long before Wilson acquired them in 2000.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:47:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I remember buying from them when they were located in Nashville.  I just realized how long ago that was.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top