Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2022 10:05:31 PM EDT
Question for scar junkies.

I have a scar 16 with close to 6k rds through it. SBR, 4k through the 10” barrel and about 2k through the 16” barrel.

Seeing as this is my “main rifle”, what spare parts should I have on hand? I have plenty of ARs with spares for those guns, but nothing for the scar.

I’d assume just the recoil assembly, bolt, aaand? Anything else? This gun seems way more robust than ARs
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Bolt and recoil assembly is all you should need. You already have a spare barrel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have just the right type of malfunction, the receiver rail can be damaged.  I think that has happened more with the 17, but could happen with the 16.  The rails are about $48.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a scar 16 and damn 410 for a bolt assembly. I forget what henderson defense got but it was way up there. The scar bolt is way beefier than the ar15
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a scar 16 and damn 410 for a bolt assembly. I forget what henderson defense got but it was way up there. The scar bolt is way beefier than the ar15
View Quote

I want to say it was over 60,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea I’m planning on getting a 14” barrel to round it out.

Guess Ill try and source a recoil assembly. I doubt I’ll reach 50,000+ rds on my semi auto scar!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top