Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2022 7:12:01 AM EDT
I just got new NRCH 17 and installed Trijicon Credo 1-8 LVPO.  It sits in Leupold 34 mm mount.  I know cheap mount but bolts up with 5 bolt, seems very sturdy.  

Now the question, is the scope/mount robust enough for SCAR 17s platform?

The optic issue with NRCH might bit less of a concern since the reciprocating mass of the bolt carrier is reduced.  

My intent isn’t to do multiple mag dumps or anything like.  I’m also looking to possibly get the Scar specific mount from American Defense.  Not sure if necessary but would like your thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep the mount towards the rear of the receiver where is flexes less. I have a similar setup with I think ADM mounts. So far ok.
Also have a Credo on a Tavor 7 but have not shot it yet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for feedback.

Is it really about the receiver flexing or energy transfer from bolt carrier mass reciprocating?

I also have Tavor 7 with Trijicon Tripower.  Love IWI guns, x95, SAR, Ace Galil Gen 1 in 556 and 308.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Dad has the previous version of that 1-8 in an ADM delta mount and it hasn't had any issues to date on a Scar 17
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
What mount is recommended?   Something that isn’t the most expensive.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The ADM Delta mount was designed for use on the SCAR 17 for SOCOM. It is a thick piece of aluminum without a cantilever. I’ve used mine now for more than 9 years without an issue.

If you want the best SCAR mount, buy an American Defense Mfg Delta mount with the new titanium throw levers
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Most expensive and probably best is Spuhr… it’s also probably the heaviest.  Next best and more than good enough is the ADM, it’s a very solid mount.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:43:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The ADM Delta mount was designed for use on the SCAR 17 for SOCOM. It is a thick piece of aluminum without a cantilever. I’ve used mine now for more than 9 years without an issue.

If you want the best SCAR mount, buy an American Defense Mfg Delta mount with the new titanium throw levers
View Quote

Quoted:

Most expensive and probably best is Spuhr… it’s also probably the heaviest.  Next best and more than good enough is the ADM, it’s a very solid mount.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I ran a 1-8 Credo on my 17S and it worked really well.  Put a lot of rounds through it with no issues.  The 1-8 Credo is a very durable optic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top