Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2021 4:59:21 PM EDT
Has anyone put together this combination? I got the bottom metal today and I can't see how the bottom metal will pass through the aluminum bedding block in the stock. The website says minor inletting may be required but this looks like it would require a mill.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Choate with CDI bottom metal. If I remember correctly, it fit right together.

You sure everything is compatible? Action screw spacing, top/bottom bolt release, etc?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Action screws line up perfect, and I have a top bolt release, same as this bottom metal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have the Savage with the Choate and the CDI bottom metal (300WM). I have the bottom bolt release.  The kit came with an extended lever to JP weld on to the existing.  Love mine.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd have loved the cdi, but the company closed after the owner died I think. Is the cdi closer in profile to the factory bottom metal?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure but I have that combination in the mail right now
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Please let me know if you have the same problem I do.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please let me know if you have the same problem I do.
View Quote

Still waiting on the damn thing to show up, did you ever get yours? I've been running converted g3 mags in the time being and happy with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top