Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 5:23:10 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the Axis and the 11/111 use the same barrels-specifically are the threads the same?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes the same shank size and threads .... what barrel do you need ? Lol
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a few exceptions to the rule. The WSM's have a "large shank" action/barrel and some of the Target actions and Target rifles (ie. 6br, .308 Palma, these have solid actions with no mag) are also Large Shank. but 90+% of them are "small shank".
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 111 and it has been sharing duties with it's original 30-06 barrel and a 35 Whelen barrel.  II'm thinking see if I can get an Axis in 06 cheap, yank the barrel and put the 35 barrel on it. Then mess with the stocks or buy an aftermarket as desired. I could just leave the Axis as an 06 but I think I want the 111 for that round
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Put a caliper across the threads it should measure 1.055 that should fit the axis action.
The Axis action works with both short and long calibers just by changing the stock and magazine. So you could go in to other caliber combinations down the road with the Axis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top