Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2022 11:37:35 PM EDT
While browsing the web several weeks ago I came into the Click Clack/Gill Guns and fell in love with how they work and the oddity they are now a days.

Found one in a local shop and bought.

It's a Stevens Ranger 101.16
Downside is it's missing an extractor (and associated parts), buttplate and screws, rear sight elevator and the locking bolt is crappy immitation that doesn't lock.
All fixable, just have to scour the webs

dry cycling a round seems to work OK so I'm happy with that.

One thing I found is with gun out of the stock and bolt out, the receiver and barrel seem a bit wobbly. is that normal for this gun? Not extreme but you can tell it's not 100% secure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is 100% tight, I would say that's not great for accuracy.

The example I picked up has peep sights, I really want to pick up another with standard sights to thread for a suppressor. The peep sight mount would have to be cut down or a new dovetail cut farther back because of how close it is to the end of the barrel. It seems like the perfect host other than being tube fed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is 100% tight, I would say that's not great for accuracy.

The example I picked up has peep sights, I really want to pick up another with standard sights to thread for a suppressor. The peep sight mount would have to be cut down or a new dovetail cut farther back because of how close it is to the end of the barrel. It seems like the perfect host other than being tube fed.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.

I believe the barrel and receiver are held together by 2 pins, per the Numrich diagram, and wonder if new pins are needed.

I'll try to get some pictures soon.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top