Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2020 11:41:27 AM EDT
I've got, as it shows in the title, a Savage .270 WSM. Big and heavy bolt action rifle that I inherited. About the only reason I've been keeping it is that it was my brothers, other than that I never use it.

Tried selling but absolutely zero interest.

So, I was wondering how difficult it might be to rebarrel it in .308? Is it even feasable to do? I admit I've not checked bolt dimensions, etc.

It's a 12FVSS. 24 inch fluted heavy barrel, AccuTrigger, synthetic/plastic stock.

TY
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The bolt face diameter is not compatible with the .308 size cartridges.  But being a Savage you could swap out the bolt head easily so it's certainly doable if you want to spend the money.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
300 wsm would be campatible????
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Rebarrel to 350 remington mag, New 16 inch or so barrel, good break / or suppressor mount, think you can reuse the bolt head.

Short range thumper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top