Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am really starting to wonder.
Ive got a Sandman L in jail now, When I see these threads I kinda of wish I would have gone with something else.

Any more information would be great and I hope they replace it!
View Quote

Its a great can. You will like it. Nothing to worry about.

DA built their business on their products being exceptionally durable. Now that they’re the biggest name in the industry, their problems will be more visible, but I’d imagine their failure rate is consistent with other comparable manufacturers, if not a little better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The volume that DA does would have me believe we will see this type stuff simply out of sheer numbers/volume. Same thing with SiCo. It sucks when it happens but at least working with a good company makes it a little less painful.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
December she went boom.  LGS contacted Deadair and optimistically got a repair authorization.  It was sent back in the beginning of January 2020.

Once they received it they determined it was not repairable, I had no hope that it was.  They informed us that they were in talks with the ATF to replace a destroyed can with a new one and use the original serial number. They asked if I wanted to see how that played out, of course I said yes. Well apparently that fell apart in July and now I am waiting on the whole process and the new one is sitting in jail.

Quoted:

We're a few bends in the river past December 2019.  Tell us about your timeline.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#4]
my K has been solid. 223/556/ 300blk
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine Sandman S grenaded on Dec 28, 2019.  They stated previous shop was not welding them properly.

My rear weld broke and it must have shifted forward slightly, as it did the next round had a baffle strike and shot the tube down range. It was wedged into the backstop at an indoor range.

It is being replaced and I get to start the wait all over again.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/81816/IMG_9193_jpeg-1603209.JPG
View Quote

Well mine isn't the "previous" shop BPI...but my Mask and Wolfman are...fingers crossed.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is KG Made.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Hope mine won't blow.  Just completed F4 paperwork for it today.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Any updates op? I’m sure they looked at it by now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine Sandman S grenaded on Dec 28, 2019.  They stated previous shop was not welding them properly.

My rear weld broke and it must have shifted forward slightly, as it did the next round had a baffle strike and shot the tube down range. It was wedged into the backstop at an indoor range.

View Quote

@jsuevo

Curious if they covered your stamp.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now that's some catastrophic damage!

What's with the flattened section of the outer tube? Did it get stepped on too?
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@jsuevo

View Quote

@ETNSBK  

They gave me a 22 Mask to cover the cost of the stamp.  I was going to get a 22 can, so it worked for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Now that's some catastrophic damage!

What's with the flattened section of the outer tube? Did it get stepped on too?
View Quote

It went down range at an indoor range and got wedged between the 2 backstop plates.  Had it not been that range or style backstop, it may have been able to be repaired.  It took some work to get it out !
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@ETNSBK  

They gave me a 22 Mask to cover the cost of the stamp.  I was going to get a 22 can, so it worked for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@jsuevo

@ETNSBK  

That works.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That works.
View Quote

shirts, hoody and stickers too.  I feel that they are trying to make it right.  The waiting is just the part that sucks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any updates op? I’m sure they looked at it by now.
View Quote

Don't count on it. I sent my Ghost M in about 6 weeks ago. Not a word.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Dead-Air-tube-crack-Am-I-boned-/20-514966/
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have you called them since then?  I've found their customer service to be very responsive.
View Quote

Not yet. In one of their live streams they said that they were 4-6 weeks out on repairs. I wanted to give them at least that much time. I know their busy trying to keep up with the sudden uptick in demand.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I can confirm that dead air’s customer service was very responsive to me when I had an issue. I had a sandman flash hider endcap that developed a hole in it not attributable to a baffle strike or any other issue. They responded to my email within 15 minutes, and they sent a new one to me while they were all listed as out of stock by every retailer. I must have gotten one of the first ones off the line from that production run because they started to be in stock over the next few weeks. They took care of me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Unless DA brings production in house and implements a serious QA program I'm not buying another one of their silencers. Their QC seems horrible and CS appears to be limited to putting out brush fires on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Accidentally bought a sandman k on gunbroker and now I have it in jail. Should I be worried?  Should i go check markings?  I put my first suppressor in jail last month (SiCo Saker 556 ASR) and liked the look of Keymo mounts so I was gonna get the adapter for the saker. That started me doing a frenzy if suppressor buying. My wife noticed the receipts for my SOT and asked where the guns are.  Shes super stoked to see our 7 new suppressors.  Wanted one for her G17 so I did a DA Odessa for her on our trust!
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Accidentally bought a sandman k on gunbroker and now I have it in jail. Should I be worried?  Should i go check markings?  I put my first suppressor in jail last month (SiCo Saker 556 ASR) and liked the look of Keymo mounts so I was gonna get the adapter for the saker. That started me doing a frenzy if suppressor buying. My wife noticed the receipts for my SOT and asked where the guns are.  Shes super stoked to see our 7 new suppressors.  Wanted one for her G17 so I did a DA Odessa for her on our trust!
View Quote

My only advice is to order a Sandman-S to go with the K.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top