Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2020 12:02:20 PM EDT
I am in search of one of these cases to match the 1911 style gun that came in it.  Original owner lost it in a move.  The genuine case (with the logo) is rather scarce.  However aluminum cases are not.  Does anyone have one of these cases and if so what are the dimensions?  I'd at least like to find one the proper size.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I was on the S&W website they had them for sale.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, that's the one.  I've seen the one on ebay.  He is rather proud of it!  I want to find the same, or nearly the same thing without that very expensive logo on it!

The S&W Website no longer lists the item.  

Bob
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
It's too bad S&W quit using those.  I've heard from others that they weren't very good quality but I think they look great.  My PC 629 V-Comp came in a grey Performance Center plastic container.  Slightly fancier? than the standard blue S&W container but definitely not as cool as the aluminum.  Of course the aluminum case probably added a big premium to already expensive guns so it's a trade-off I can live with.  At the very least it would be nice if it were offered as an option.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree.  They probably sourced them from the cheapest chinese supplier.   Many options on Amazon, ebay, etc.  I just wanted to match the case size.  18 x 12 x 3 ?

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an early V comp that I acquired and nothing came with it, I sourced the case, paperwork and non compensated attachment and put it out for bid on Gunbroker. Made
a killing on it +800 for what I paid. People like to have all the shit that came with the gun no matter what. FYI, the al. case I got from S&W with the logo was very flimsy and
didn't cost even close to what people have them for bid on Ebay.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Not really all that similar but how about this from Harbor Freight?

Cheap enough
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top