Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2018 8:18:42 PM EDT
Curious what safety glasses you guys are using with NOD's and ear pro.

I have some 3M with a foam seal, and they tend to fog up on me behind the pvs14, and cause a headache under the ear pro.

Is there a better way?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Oakley
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Plain ole 3M,  Uvex or whatever they issue us
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some Oakley M-Frame 2.0 with the laser toric lenses that I wear sometimes if I'm going to be around class-3b lasers.

The 2.0 has a thin arm that sits inside earpro pretty well, and the lense sits close to the face so as to not screw with your NVD.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have yet to find eyewear low profile enough to fit behind my pvs14. Even with it run all the way out it sits pretty close to my face under normal use.

I've tried finding solutions for simunitions training but can't make it work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
My everyday eye glasses are Z87 safety rated and that's what I wear under the helmet too. For years at work I would switch between my regular glasses and my prescription safety glasses when I was in the field, then one day I just decided to only wear the safety glasses and not buy regular lenses anymore

Sure they have the BCG effect - but at least I'm not going to lose an eye
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Oakley radar ev or if I need full seal with good fog resistance I’ve had good luck with pyramex I-force dual pane glasses, can get them on amazon pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Oakley Ballistic Det-Cord. Peltor Com-Tac III w/ gel cups on the helmet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been using some ESS, I think they may be the "Sawfly" ones??? The set came with case, frames, clear, amber, dark sunglass type and green "laser" lenses.
View Quote
Revision is the company that make the Sawfly. They are good shooting glasses. I got a set for around $65 that included clear/tinted lenses plus the green laser protective lens.

If I am shooting with other guys with NVG's or anywhere that full power IR lasers may be potentially present I use the laser lens.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently started using Oakley Radars with the vented lenses. Really happy with them so far!
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]
M-Frame 2.0 Si's with Prescription insert.

No problems with clearance using a Wilcox G24.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Revision is the company that make the Sawfly. They are good shooting glasses. I got a set for around $65 that included clear/tinted lenses plus the green laser protective lens.

If I am shooting with other guys with NVG's or anywhere that full power IR lasers may be potentially present I use the laser lens.
View Quote
Where at if I may ask? Would jump on that deal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top