Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2019 6:30:06 PM EDT
Looking for some help.

I bought a Safariland 6354 for my G19 w/Deltapoint Pro. The issue I am having is that when I reholster, the optic shroud is catching on the optic (see picture). Easy solution would be to dremel the shroud, but I have read that you can heat up the shroud and stretch the plastic out of the way.

Has anyone done this and if so, how? Heat gun? Hair dryer?

Any help is appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have modified mine in different ways but yours I would heat with a heat gun and move it open till it clears your optic.  Just make sure it doesn't interfere when you holster your pistol.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. Alas, another issue has reared its head; the taller, cowitness friendly front sight isnt clearing the holster cleanly when I draw. It is catching on the ALS mechanism inside the holster. Looks like I will be moving to another holster.

Thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the ALS out and see where it’s catching. 2 mins with a round file might solve the issue. Ran into that with taller sights on a standard ALS.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I used a heat gun to spread that rear on the left side only. Very simple mod. No issue with my front suppressor sight. What front sight are you using? I did have an issue with the rear sight that is in front of my DPP contacting and needed some dremel work to the ALS reinforcing section rear that would catch and required rounding off (first reinforcing rib in front of optic on ALS mecanism when viewed from above). No issues after that. Just clearance with a file or Dremel.

Is your DPP running on a plate, MOS or otherwise? Really needs to be run direct to slide to reduce height as much as possible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Same issue.

Heat both sides (right where they touch the optic) and bend out just enough to clear.

Total 5 mins of work.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a heat gun to spread that rear on the left side only. Very simple mod. No issue with my front suppressor sight. What front sight are you using? I did have an issue with the rear sight that is in front of my DPP contacting and needed some dremel work to the ALS reinforcing section rear that would catch and required rounding off (first reinforcing rib in front of optic on ALS mecanism when viewed from above). No issues after that. Just clearance with a file or Dremel.

Is your DPP running on a plate, MOS or otherwise? Really needs to be run direct to slide to reduce height as much as possible.
View Quote
I have the Dawson Precision Fixed Cowitness Set with a front sight that stands .485" tall. The DPP is running on a plate from Glock.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take the ALS out and see where it’s catching. 2 mins with a round file might solve the issue. Ran into that with taller sights on a standard ALS.
View Quote
Took me 5 minutes but it worked!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top