User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2020 4:45:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Edit....

Didn't zoom in on pic.

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
No bolt, optic, fire control pack.....hard pass!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 18B30:
No bolt, optic, fire control pack.....hard pass!
View Quote

The kits have everything except the receiver, optic, trunion, bolt carrier guide tubes (steel inserts in receiver), and complete barrel. A demilled barrel stub with gas block is included. These are excellent kits for 07/02 FFL/SOTs and owners of transferable fullauto AUGs. If you’re buying for a semiauto build, don’t waste your money.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Depressing to see those cut up barrels.  What I'd consider the most desirable and readily usable piece of the entire kit - wasted.

As if it's not enough to forbid importation of complete "non sporting" firearms, but also specifically old barrels.  Who decided that?  

The second amendment doesn't contain the words "Sport" or "Hunting",  but you all already know that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

The kits have everything except the receiver, optic, trunion, bolt carrier guide tubes (steel inserts in receiver), and complete barrel. A demilled barrel stub with gas block is included. These are excellent kits for 07/02 FFL/SOTs and owners of transferable fullauto AUGs. If you’re buying for a semiauto build, don’t waste your money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
Originally Posted By 18B30:
No bolt, optic, fire control pack.....hard pass!

The kits have everything except the receiver, optic, trunion, bolt carrier guide tubes (steel inserts in receiver), and complete barrel. A demilled barrel stub with gas block is included. These are excellent kits for 07/02 FFL/SOTs and owners of transferable fullauto AUGs. If you’re buying for a semiauto build, don’t waste your money.

What is the difference between a F/A and semi auto build as far as the stock goes?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

What is the difference between a F/A and semi auto build as far as the stock goes?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/How_were_Steyr_AUG_FA_conversions_physically_done_/22-414987/
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Edit: Link already provided; question answered.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dustyattic:

Depressing to see those cut up barrels.  What I'd consider the most desirable and readily usable piece of the entire kit - wasted.

As if it's not enough to forbid importation of complete "non sporting" firearms, but also specifically old barrels.  Who decided that?  

The second amendment doesn't contain the words "Sport" or "Hunting",  but you all already know that.
View Quote

GW Bush in 2005 directed the ban on imported barrels. I think it was about six months into his second term.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

GW Bush in 2005 directed the ban on imported barrels. I think it was about six months into his second term.
View Quote

was it via EO? if so, it could easily be overturned if Trump wanted to
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4Madness:
Originally Posted By fxntime:

What is the difference between a F/A and semi auto build as far as the stock goes?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/How_were_Steyr_AUG_FA_conversions_physically_done_/22-414987/

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Guess I'll keep looking for a S/A one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

was it via EO? if so, it could easily be overturned if Trump wanted to
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

GW Bush in 2005 directed the ban on imported barrels. I think it was about six months into his second term.

Anyone here have the president's ear?  Don Jr., maybe?  It'll boost the economy!

As it stands, I'd like to have only the gas block.   I'll need a chamber reamer, headspace gauges, drill for the gas port, dividing head and a few mill accessories to produce an AUG barrel from a blank.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

GW Bush in 2005 directed the ban on imported barrels. I think it was about six months into his second term.

I don't think so; it was something his State Dept underlings dreamed up, and he consented to.  It wasn't a show-boaty high-priority policy item for Bush, like the bump-stock ban was for Trump.  Probably just a memo out there if there was even a written order.

Yes, it could be overturned in a single afternoon by EO.  Same as all import bans & even 922r via 'sporting purposes' reform.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top