BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By N_Parker:
ISPC Store has the 40 degree locker on sale if anyone is interested.  

40 degree locker

I bought one of these and gave it to my buddy to try in his SP9A3 with the KDG 3 spring recoil reducing spacer. It helped slightly with 147s suppressed, but to me it had a HUGE reduction in recoil with unsuppressed 147s! 100% cycling and locking back on last round of magazine too.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q70/922/W0IOrl.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: forever4] [#2]
I just didn't want to hassle with the ATF. I live where I have to cross over the state lines to two other states often and just didn't want to have to get "permission" to haul my Stribog up to Ohio or over to Indiana so my brother or other buddies and I gets to shoot it. I have been known to even haul it to Florida with me.
So, today my little A1 became a carbine. But, in just a few minutes it can go back to being a pistol, just as I bought it.  The best of both worlds. I just didn't want to mess with the SBR thing so I got the carbine kit and now it can be AC/DC as they use to say. A switch hitter.  The kit comes with the wrench for the barrel swap and the other parts are pretty straight forward.  I wish the conversion kit was a bit cheaper but its a small market and only one source for the parts so it is what it is.  Besides, I have a great amount of flexibility with it now.

I like this little guy and now its twice the fun with zero paperwork.

Update from range:   Oh my, what t a wonderful carbine this thing makes.! It was accurate with the 8" barrel and even more so with the carbine barrel.  I will need to upgrade its red dot to something better, likely a 3x prism sight I have been saving or a Sig red dot with a 3x magnifier. I could not be happier with this thing. Grand Power builds a high quality product.  I see they will be selling the carbine version sometime later this year. It will be a nice little rifle but I am glad I bought mine as a pistol so its quite legal to convert it back and forth to be either pistol or rifle.

FYI: the carbine barrel is a 1-12 twist where as many 9mm use a 1-10.  Some target shooters use even slower twists like 1-18, 1-24 and even 1-32.  Best twist really depends on what bullets you are using. I have only tried 115 gn RN so far. I am looking forward to upgrading the optic and then trying everything from 95gn to 147gn with various loads.  I think I will like this carbine a lot, as much as or even more than my CZ Evo.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Just came back from engraving this afternoon. My first NFA item. Eventually it’ll get the extended handguard and a suppressor on a tri-lug mount if I decide on one.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a used one at the local shop for $700. Temping, but the brace ruling is the main reason I left it on the shelf
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody else running an A3 lower and having a problem bending the front take down pin? It's happened to me twice now. First time, I figured I did something accidentally to cause it. Ordered a replacement, and after about 6 mags it was bent again. The pin is hollow, so I don't think it is particularly stout. Crickets from A3 so far.

Couple things make me curious.

First thought is that it getting bent due to the recoil. If true, makes me wonder if a 40 degree locking block is warranted. However, the rear pin remains straight after several hundred rounds.

At this point, I am suspecting that the culprit is the A3 bolt hold open lever combined with the hollow pins being weak. I have the A3 stamped steel lever, and it is not straight. Makes me think the tweaked lever is loading up one side of the pin bending it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm running the A3 lower and haven't had any issues with the pin. But I'm running the 40 degree locking piece. I did have issues with the bolt hold lever and had to modify it to get it to operate properly.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking at picking up an SP9A3s to eventually SBR and mate with a can.  I haven't read all 70 pages, but is 922r still an issue or are US parts more readily available now?  
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CopyPasta:
I'm looking at picking up an SP9A3s to eventually SBR and mate with a can.  I haven't read all 70 pages, but is 922r still an issue or are US parts more readily available now?  
View Quote

You'll have no issue getting parts count for 922r with a Stribog. I'm not sure it was ever an issue... I SBRed mine in 2019 and had no issue getting parts count then.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hoothrewpoo:

You'll have no issue getting parts count for 922r with a Stribog. I'm not sure it was ever an issue... I SBRed mine in 2019 and had no issue getting parts count then.
View Quote

Great to hear, thanks.  I read the OP and was hoping things had gotten better since 2018.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I put stocks on my A1 and A3 yesterday.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone tried using an AR binary trigger with the lingle industries lower?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 2:55:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Can I throw the 40 degree locking block on my SPA3G Bog?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Grand Power SP10A3 10mm Stribog Sneak Peek
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KX_cFQ51I
View Quote

I'm ready for a roller delayed 45. I have both b&t's, but a stribog would be awesome
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By emccracken:
View Quote

Should be able to.  I don't think it matters what lower is on the gun.  Just run it with hot/NATO spec ammo.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KX_cFQ51I
View Quote

Looks as though I may need to add SP10A3 to the thread title.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:08:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#17]
Originally Posted By emccracken:
View Quote

Should work fine.

Also, it does not need NATO +P+ ammo to run... it just needs non-crap/not steel cased/not underpowered ammo.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:00:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#18]
I haven't read the whole thread, but my son's A3 likes to lock the bolt  back while he's shooting, it seems the bolt release is very sensitive and can easily work its way into interfering before the magazine is empty.  He's using the A3 scorpion lower.

Is there a solution for this?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
I haven't read the whole thread, but my son's A3 likes to lock the bolt  back while he's shooting, it seems the bolt release is very sensitive and can easily work its way into interfering before the magazine is empty.  He's using the A3 scorpion lower.

View Quote

Is the bolt catch spring still there? Or are you holding the magwell when shooting?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:21:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#20]

View Quote

I had to the same issue with my A3 Tactical lower. Make sure the spring in yamahawarrior89's post is engaging the bolt catch and not slipping off. The design of the LRBHO on the Stribog is a terrible design. I had the same issue with the A3 Tactical lower and the reason was because the area where the bolt catch lever engages the bolt was too tall. I had to remove some material from the top of the bolt catch lever. If you're uncomfortable removing material, I suggest contacting A3 Tactical.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stimr2:

I had to the same issue with my A3 Tactical lower. Make sure the spring in yamahawarrior89's post is engaging the bolt catch and not slipping off. The design of the LRBHO on the Stribog is a terrible design. I had the same issue with the A3 Tactical lower and the reason was because the area where the bolt catch lever engages the bolt was too tall. I had to remove some material from the top of the bolt catch lever. If you're uncomfortable removing material, I suggest contacting A3 Tactical.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stimr2:

Of everything on the Stribog, that goofy spring system is the dumbest design element choice of the whole gun.  It is exposed in way it wants to snag things and is easily bent.  Boresnakes and disassembled Stribogs are just asking for trouble.  To make things worse, it's not readily user reparable.  You can bent it back with plyers if your lucky, but otherwise I think you have to pull the F'ing barrel, to replace that (or something like that...)
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Of everything on the Stribog, that goofy spring system is the dumbest design element choice of the whole gun.  It is exposed in way it wants to snag things and is easily bent.  Boresnakes and disassembled Stribogs are just asking for trouble.  To make things worse, it's not readily user reparable.  You can bent it back with plyers if your lucky, but otherwise I think you have to pull the F'ing barrel, to replace that (or something like that...)
View Quote

The newest gen of 10mm Stribog seems have adopted a AR style bolt catch, though it doesn't appear to be ambi

Maybe they will upgrade the 9mm

https://grandpower.eu/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/STRIBOG_SP45_L.jpg
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#23]
From what I've read, the 45acp and 10mm versions are HK UMP mag compatible lower. I'm hoping for an update on the 9mm versions to use UMP mags as well as it appears the US made Stribog mags is not gonna happen.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
From what I've read, the 45acp and 10mm versions are HK UMP mag compatible lower. I'm hoping for an update on the 9mm versions to use UMP mags as well as it appears the US made Stribog mags is not gonna happen.

https://i.imgur.com/TJhLxIR.png
View Quote

Now email Franklin Armory.

SHOT Show - is such a lie-fest of vaporware BS.  It's not just these guys, there is so much shit announced there that never actually materializes.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#25]

https://i.imgur.com/TJhLxIR.png
View Quote

Here is the easy solution

Go with scorpion mags
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread seems dead!

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:
This thread seems dead!

https://i.imgur.com/pJ6AH8M.jpg
View Quote

Very nice! What handstop do you have on there
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 7:12:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#28]
This thread seems dead!

https://i.imgur.com/pJ6AH8M.jpg
View Quote

Yea - today the armbrace thing status being what's kind of killed new additions.  So that leaves now, A 16" version which isn't appealing.  And a true "pistol" is an unwieldy pig.  Leaving the "intend to SBR" crowd where this has the most appeal still with a 5 or 8".  But that's an elite premium crowd who are already budgeting the time, $, and hassle. In which case units based on MP5 or the B&T tend to gain more interest.

Stribog was quietly THE best bang for your buck 9mm SMG form factor gun out there in the window we could get shoulder fired 8" 9mm units without a $200 tax stamp cost adder.  But there arent that many actually out there yet.  In theory the courts have done some temporary stays - but no gun dealer seems to actually trust that enough to resume selling armbraced units just yet.

Unfortunately Grand Power bungled some of the early release units and magazine designs, and got panned HARD by the (wildly) overrated youtube personalities on their reviews.   That had to hurt sales in an already crowded market. So a lot of people wrote them off when actually these are phenomenal little guns.  When I bring one out, that's the one gun everyone just wants to feed magazine after magazine through - including the HK guy!

They can be funny with JHP.  But run ball in a curved magazine, and these are a blast.  The "sticky" mild roller delayed recoil is neat - especially if you go back to the original 40 degree block.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#29]
A lot of topics/platforms seem to have very little discussion here lately.  Things usually slow down in the summer but this summer seems different.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Yea - today the armbrace thing status being what's kind of killed new additions.  So that leaves now, A 16" version which isn't appealing.  And a true "pistol" is an unwieldy pig.  Leaving the "intend to SBR" crowd where this has the most appeal still with a 5 or 8".  But that's an elite premium crowd who are already budgeting the time, $, and hassle. In which case units based on MP5 or the B&T tend to gain more interest.

Stribog was quietly THE best bang for your buck 9mm SMG form factor gun out there in the window we could get shoulder fired 8" 9mm units without a $200 tax stamp cost adder.  But there arent that many actually out there yet.  In theory the courts have done some temporary stays - but no gun dealer seems to actually trust that enough to resume selling armbraced units just yet.

Unfortunately Grand Power bungled some of the early release units and magazine designs, and got panned HARD by the (wildly) overrated youtube personalities on their reviews.   That had to hurt sales in an already crowded market. So a lot of people wrote them off when actually these are phenomenal little guns.  When I bring one out, that's the one gun everyone just wants to feed magazine after magazine through - including the HK guy!

They can be funny with JHP.  But run ball in a curved magazine, and these are a blast.  The "sticky" mild roller delayed recoil is neat - especially if you go back to the original 40 degree block.
View Quote

I have more experience with these then most do so I know what you are saying haha!  Seems like most people are just hesitant to post up these days do the the brace thing. Sales seem to be stable still because I still make 3 stage dampers constantly for them so that's good sign.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:42:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#31]

I have more experience with these then most do so I know what you are saying haha!  Seems like most people are just hesitant to post up these days do the the brace thing. Sales seem to be stable still because I still make 3 stage dampers constantly for them so that's good sign.
View All Quotes

I've done a few mods.  I did the HB industries safety selector upgrade, which I quite love, the replacement buffer, switched back to the 40 degree roller, and installed the low-profile muzzle break (that's barely bigger than a barrel nut).  SBR'd it, and now have the factory stock on it.

Ordering from that Latvian or whatever IPSA site someone posted, is actually a pretty good deal.  Especially since they knock off the VAT at the end.  One thing I didn't realize until the upgrade, is there's a little latch cutout on the frame towards the front, that the factory stock snaps and locks into the closed position into - tidy.

The factory case is super great - until you put a red-dot on it, and then the gun doesn't fit anymore.  Which is annoying, as it's a very compact and tidy case.  I modified mine by cutting the inserts to effectively lower them in the case.  Which worked great, until I SBR'd it, and put the factory stock on it, and now my mod doesn't fit anymore.  So.. screw it, I switched to just keeping the whole thing in a tiny backpack now.

After many thousands of rounds, I've discovered a few things.
The straight mags suck.   The straight mags with metal tabs - suck.  In particular, if you are running ammo that isn't shiny and new, the brass on brass friction binds up the feeding in a full and partially full mag.  Curved magazines fixes that, as the casings don't have to roll and reposition themselves in relation to each other as they climb the mag, if run curved.  meaning how slick they are, isn't important any more.   Run a box of shiney new brass and it's better, but my ammo isn't always shiney and new.  So thank God they came out with the curved mags.

These guns hate hollow-points.  I'm still perfecting my load on this topic.   I've gotten it to feed some FUGLY huge mouth 147 gr ammo that I never though would work, and jam up on 115 gr tiny-hp bullets that look a lot like FMJ in shape, so haven't really mastered what it likes just yet.  And the last-round hollow-point jam with such is a thing.  I'm getting in the habit of just putting an FMJ in as my last round; and probably would do so if ever use this for anything serious -  but I'm hoping to develop a load that works.  This may well be gun specific, but it's not unique.  They REALLY hate conically shaped tipped bullets.  But FMJ in a curved magazine - will run all day long.

Not a fan of the bolt release lever spring.  Beware those with boresnakes, I'll say that much.

I like the stepped chamber.  For one, I can identify my brass easier, but also the concept is to improve power and accuracy, which I think it does.  In theory those can have problems with aluminum and steel ammo, and I haven't tested that.  I reload, so not an item.  Also, 8" 9mm barrels take this round velocity and power up quite a bit.  I have no interest in the 5" model - not enough real-estate for my hands, and it's a power loss, for size reduction benefits that I'm not really going to appreciate.  Others opinions may vary.

I have no idea what max pressure rating of these guns are.  But with a 40 degree roller, and that fully supported chamber, which is rather massive - I'm guessing it's pretty insane.  I've shot some pretty high pressure ammo in this gun, then with bullet set-back, with no problems.  Would love to know what kind of load this guy can actually handle, because I suspect it's way hotter than anything any reloading manual is going to list.  

It's a nightmare trying to keep an ammo inventory now.  I can run up 1000 rounds of 9mm.  And 4 weeks later, be down to 400 rounds that fast.

Accuracy is better than you think - it can go out to 200 yards and hit 12" gongs nicely.  Zero'ing is interesting.  A 25 yard zero is also a 100 yard zero.  Pair it with a red dot like PA's M25, and the bottom dot is about 200 yards.

I'm not sure what spare parts I should get and keep on hand.  From what I understand, Global Ordinance support is astounding... but who knows tomorrow.  So I picked up a few minor cheap things from IPSC store that cost very little while I was getting my 40 degree block and the stock:
recoil spring, bolt catch spring, locking roller (hollow - damn, mine is solid), safety lever latch (those little bastards like to run away), extractor, firing pin, extractor pin, extractor spring rest, extractor spring.   No idea what are actual wear items, but those were all so cheap and were in stock, so why not?  I'm tempted to get another barrel, but then I'd need their goofy barrel wrench too, and finally decided I'll cross that bridge when I come to it - I imagine it takes a while to wear out a 9mm barrel; and I'll likely wear out the aluminum rails in the frame, before the barrel.

For sights, any red dot will do, though the lower the better.  Systems intended for an AR will be too high.  I started with a cheap $50 Bushnell reddot, and it served me well.  But because of 9mm's notable drop over distance, and this guns ability to actually shoot well at some distances, I decided to upgrade to the PA M25, for the bigger window, higher quality, and really for the extra drop compensating dots in it, to help me shoot 200 yards more easily.  It was cheap when they had it on sale for about $120.  Not sure if I'd buy it at their current retail price today - I probably wouldn't (I'm cheap).
here's the reticle (there's no magnification, so the dots are kind of tiny, but it works)

For magazine loading, it's easy enough with curved you don't HAVE to have a loader (you do with straight).  Right now I'm using

because it was cheap.  It works, but takes a bit to get used to, and a flat surface.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Mines been flawless. It runs everything from cheap steel caged garbage to hollows and was the test gun for all of the mods I did so we put a really nice round count through it.
I did the following

In house work:
-Modified & Dedicated MP5 magazine lower with custom reinforcements & mag catch
-Modified & Flipped safety
-Shortened upper receiver,  welded exposed M slots and milled them flush and tapered the end just give it some character (Originally was a SP9a3)
-Milled in an upright detent for a locking charging block
-Made an aluminum charging block with an upright detent
-Made set back dual folding charging handles (A regular charging folding handle would hang off the SP9a3s)
-Shortened, Crowned and re threaded barrel and did some feed ramp work (This is my 2nd barrel. Put alot of rounds through the OG so a refresh was needed)
-Converted B&T Brace host to fit receiver
-Re tuned factory B&T hydraulic buffer spring for the weight of the bolt and shortened the stroke (Buffer started leaking after 15k rounds so I swapped back in the original 3 stage damper I designed a few years ago that I still sell today)
-Made a stronger recoil rod

Bolt on stuff:
-35/40/45 locking blocks (Recoil is eliminated completely with my 3 stage damper so no noticeable difference with the 35 or 40 so to keep the rails happy I just go back and forth with the 40 & 45)
-Magpul Irons
-CZ hand stop
-Aimpoint T2

Link Posted: 8/19/2023 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I've run many mags of Hornady Critical Defense 135 gr and Winchester Ranger 124 gr no issues so I have not had the HP problems thus far.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Castillo:
I've run many mags of Hornady Critical Defense 135 gr and Winchester Ranger 124 gr no issues so I have not had the HP problems thus far.
View Quote

Some can some just cant. The stock mags are sill cheap range quality mags with a rally poor follower and spring set up regardless.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#35]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAaXTvrgpNA&lc=Ugz25Jzlwlb7iJ6YrQp4AaABAg.9tvMHq8Sae19tvOBnGkMnn

Very excited about this but definitely going to wait until it's thoroughly tested this time around.  Kind of wish I could just trade in my 9 for the .45 version.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bad-Karma:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAaXTvrgpNA&lc=Ugz25Jzlwlb7iJ6YrQp4AaABAg.9tvMHq8Sae19tvOBnGkMnn

Very excited about this but definitely going to wait until it's thoroughly tested this time around.  Kind of wish I could just trade in my 9 for the .45 version.  
View Quote

They should come out with a new 9mm version. Swap all of it over to a universal receiver with UMP mag that way it can be caliber swapped (like an HK UMP).
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 11:51:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#37]
I would imagine Stribog sales have cratered with the armbrace ruling.  And Grand Power is a small company in Eastern Europe.  The new Gen 3 curved magazines are good, but they are are also plastic, including the feed lips.  And are importable at the discretionary pleasure of the Executive Office.  Right now, they can be had for $20 if you try hard enough.  

JMHO: if you aren't grabbing armfulls right now, you aren't paying atttention.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Anybody know if the feed angle might be different on the new 10mm/.45 versions?  Hoping they feed hollow points better than the sp9s.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I have had no issues at all shooting 147 grain HST or 147 grain Gold Dot HP ammo with curved mags and 40 degree block.

The trigger is kind of sucky and so is the safety. I am waiting for a binary trigger to replace both.

The accuracy is meh. Strongly considering the ILWT barrel to shorten the 8" barrel and hopefully improve accuracy.

I have the aftermarket detent charging block and folding charging handle... these are wonderful additions!. Buddy bought the 5" version but can't find an aftermarket charging block to hold the bolt open.

The extended bolt release lever is greatly appreciated.

After trying several less expensive optics, my favorite is the Sig Romeo5 n the low mount. It is the slimmest and lowest and you can actually cowitness the irons when flipped up.

The 5" version NEEDS to be a SBR and use a vertical grip.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I’ve been enjoying my A1
Lingle polymer scorp lower

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#42]
A Stribog bore at about 3000 rounds, before cleaning it from the last outing:

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Is that a B&T stock?I had a custom smith manufacturing folding brace on my Bog,so I have the folding mechanism part that goes in the back  of the reciever.
Im trying to figure out if those are all universal so I can just get the B&T stock and not have to buy the whole setup at A3 tactical.
Custom Smith Manufacturing hasnt responded.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By tommy1978guns:

Is that a B&T stock?I had a custom smith manufacturing folding brace on my Bog,so I have the folding mechanism part that goes in the back  of the reciever.
Im trying to figure out if those are all universal so I can just get the B&T stock and not have to buy the whole setup at A3 tactical.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tommy1978guns:

@tommy1978guns

It's actually an HK stock https://armsunlimited.com/heckler-koch-hk-mp5k/sp5k/ump-folding-stock/?revpage=2%20#product-reviews

Fit the brace end plate with a little bit of fitting, had to open up the hinge hole the bolt goes through and a little bit of sanding here and there.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#45]

https://i.postimg.cc/T3C8hczX/WIN-20231017-01-30-45-Pro.jpg

View Quote

I have never seen bore scope images before so help me out here.  Are you happy with the condition of the bore at this point?  Any arears of concern?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#46]

I have never seen bore scope images before so help me out here.  Are you happy with the condition of the bore at this point?  Any arears of concern?

Thanks!
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Oh, right - I just did an FYI data dump.  A few notes I got from that, that show up best in the video:
1) The low-profile muzzle break 3-rd party unit, is fairly close/tight to the bore dimensions and you can see erosion and build up in it.  Doesn't actually matter any, but kind of ugly under a microscope. I still quite like it, as I have a preference for the smallest most compact muzzle devices I can get.
2) After 3000 rounds, there is essentially zero noticeable wear on the throat, muzzle, or lands
3) You can see the stepped chamber, which is a little dirty, since this is pre-cleaning.
4) The degree of fouling build-up isn't that bad actually, and the machining quality of the barrel is actually pretty good (no chatter marks, streaks, etc).  All which points to pretty good quality and QC in the barrel manufacture.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 5:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#48]

Oh, right - I just did an FYI data dump.  A few notes I got from that, that show up best in the video:
1) The low-profile muzzle break 3-rd party unit, is fairly close/tight to the bore dimensions and you can see erosion and build up in it.  Doesn't actually matter any, but kind of ugly under a microscope. I still quite like it, as I have a preference for the smallest most compact muzzle devices I can get.
2) After 3000 rounds, there is essentially zero noticeable wear on the throat, muzzle, or lands
3) You can see the stepped chamber, which is a little dirty, since this is pre-cleaning.
4) The degree of fouling build-up isn't that bad actually, and the machining quality of the barrel is actually pretty good (no chatter marks, streaks, etc).  All which points to pretty good quality and QC in the barrel manufacture.

View All Quotes

Thanks!

Thanks for pointing out those details.  Good information.  Greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to post.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#49]
I've had an original Stribog SP9A3 in the back of the safe since they came out. 1200 serial range. Long story short, the day after ordered it I saw they were having all kinds of issues and tried to cancel my order. Gun zone deals wanted to charge me a 20% restock to cancel (Said there was nothing wrong with them). Needless to say I didn't take the hit.

Talked to global ordnance today. They're sending me an RMA to upgrade it. I guess they worked out the kinks. Also are going to switch out my stick mags for the improved curved ones.

I'm happy and I feel like I got a new gun

Do they make a rear flip up sight with a larger aperture? I can barely see through the small one.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:31:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#50]
A friend who doesn't run such often, ran my Stribog a couple weeks ago.  The layout is "Drones and Assailants"   silhouettes are assailants, all else are drones.  

2 shots to each, with the 8 small 3" orange circles, only needing one hit, but those little guys each need a hit - slows ya down.

Biggest challenge is remembering to offset aim when close.

(Rumble vid goes here...)

Observe how little recoil and how good the control.  He had fired a Scorpion prior, and commented this is a whole class better - with the roller delqy.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top