Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2021 11:26:25 PM EDT
Anyone come across some pic s of a STG Fal with a Magpul PRS stock?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would someone do that?

It would be like a supermodel in a bikini with a giant Saddam mustache.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Redoubt99:
Why would someone do that?

It would be like a supermodel in a bikini with a giant Saddam mustache.
View Quote

Forrest
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe thats why there arent any photos of that particular FAL.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Magpul has no place on a proper FAL
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Apec:
Magpul has no place on a proper FAL
View Quote

Truth right here.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#6]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Truth right here.  
View Quote

Um...oops

Magpul PRS on an STG..Boom....Kinda want the Vltor handgaurd tho..Poi shifts between shooters sucks..
(Bipod is on there for looks) Normally I shoot from a bentch resting on the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Odinforever2000:

Um...oops
https://i.imgur.com/wEdrO40.jpg
Magpul PRS on an STG..Boom....Kinda want the Vltor handgaurd tho..Poi shifts between shooters sucks..
(Bipod is on there for looks) Normally I shoot from a bentch resting on the receiver.
View Quote

That FAL needs some growth hormones in the man toy, er, I mean 'magazine' area.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cressida:

That FAL needs some growth hormones in the man toy, er, I mean 'magazine' area.
View Quote

Oh I have other mags..Thats just what I have in it for "other" people to shoot..Cuz you know..308 is not cheap..
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
No 308 is not cheap now, I had some money several years ago and bought cheap and stacked em deep.  Once the price goes down again, I might do the same.  If it ever goes down.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:41:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tac556] [#10]

Um...oops
View Quote

Well at least you can admit the mistake.  

It’s an FAL- awesome as designed.  My opinion on magpul FAL furniture remains unchanged.  (I also think their AR handguards suck, while I like their AR grips and stocks).  And leave the glass for something capable of needing it like an AR10.  FAL’s are my favorite rifle, but accuracy potential isn’t one of the FAL’s strong points...many people have tried.  (I do like an original STG-58 Steyr hammer forged barrel though...).  That muzzle brake looks less than enjoyable as well, a good Stoll would be better...   poor FAL...

Seriously though- if I was chasing accuracy via an FAL, I would start with a heavy barrel.  Well actually I would just try a SCAR, but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:09:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#11]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Well at least you can admit the mistake.  

It’s an FAL- awesome as designed.  My opinion on magpul FAL furniture remains unchanged.  (I also think their AR handguards suck, while I like their AR grips and stocks).  And leave the glass for something capable of needing it like an AR10.  FAL’s are my favorite rifle, but accuracy potential isn’t one of the FAL’s strong points...many people have tried.  (I do like an original STG-58 Steyr hammer forged barrel though...).  That muzzle brake looks less than enjoyable as well, a good Stoll would be better...   poor FAL...

Seriously though- if I was chasing accuracy via an FAL, I would start with a heavy barrel.  Well actually I would just try a SCAR, but you get the idea.
View Quote

So..I generally share your opinion on magpul furniture (I agree the Fal is also awesome). I dont have any on my AR (I dont want an AR10).But if I could get a better stock with an adjustable comb..Id ditch the magpul.(Not going to a para lower)
I think the Glass on there now is a 6-24x50 DRO from DSArms (Its not a light rifle..Its like 15lbs loaded)...It was a 5-35x56 Covenant 7..

As far as accuracy. I shoot several 308s..Can the Fal get around 1.5moa?...Yes..Heck Ive even got a 20 shot 2moa group (Its 4 (5) shot groups my wife shot with the same Magtec Sniper 168gr).I was able to connect with a 1/2 Ipsc target at 500 yards..Good enough for me I guess.

The Brake is very effective and my neighbors hate me..But as the shooter, its very nice. (It was on a bullpup..and it was horrible to be behind..
I do have access to a Scar and have done a couple accuracy tests with some American Marksman 175gr m118 LR. It did shoot better than my Fal, but not a ton better. Its owner suggests I stick to bolt guns if I want moa or better for handloads.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 26120:
View Quote

That would be blasphemy my good man.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Truchas:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Truchas:
Originally Posted By 26120:

Forgive me..for I have sinned..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top