Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2020 6:27:50 PM EDT
Greetings Men,

My Dad wants to purchase an AUG.  He has had a couple of pre-bans over the years and sold them off.  Now he wants a new one.

There is a vendor who is advertising that they have an incoming batch of 50 STG-77 Anniversary Models.  It is a bit strange as this is three years after those were released and there were only supposed to be 400 made.

There have been so many changes of the years, I have lost track of who manufactured the receiver for these? Vltor?  And who manufactured the barrel for these?  Are they hammer forged Austrian barrels or something else?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The stg77 model was vltor with FN barrels, what they are now, who knows. I'm sure it'll be fine, but limited to 400 is a scam. Steyr changed their mind 3 seconds after saying 400, then they apparently changed their mind again. I had planned on buying more than one but after the numbers kept increasing, no thanks I'll just have one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Can’t help but wonder if saw an opportunity when Pete Athens / Steyr had that deal on STG 77 parts kits last year.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stg77 model was vltor with FN barrels, what they are now, who knows. I'm sure it'll be fine, but limited to 400 is a scam. Steyr changed their mind 3 seconds after saying 400, then they apparently changed their mind again. I had planned on buying more than one but after the numbers kept increasing, no thanks I'll just have one.
View Quote
Thats what i hated most about Steyr, most items were limited and became collectors items. Cant wait for the 9mm kits to come back in stock .
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Any chance someone knows when and where we might see more 9mm kits?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any chance someone knows when and where we might see more 9mm kits?
View Quote
One was being sold on the bullpup forum but nothing else I’ve seen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top