Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2020 5:27:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/4/2020 6:35:44 PM EST by Spatten]
Greetings Men,

My Dad wants to purchase an AUG. He has had a couple of pre-bans over the years and sold them off. Now he wants a new one.

There is a vendor who is advertising that they have an incoming batch of 50 STG-77 Anniversary Models. It is a bit strange as this is three years after those were released and there were only supposed to be 400 made.

There have been so many changes of the years, I have lost track of who manufactured the receiver for these? Vltor? And who manufactured the barrel for these? Are they hammer forged Austrian barrels or something else?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:26:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/4/2020 8:27:34 PM EST by maleante]
The stg77 model was vltor with FN barrels, what they are now, who knows. I'm sure it'll be fine, but limited to 400 is a scam. Steyr changed their mind 3 seconds after saying 400, then they apparently changed their mind again. I had planned on buying more than one but after the numbers kept increasing, no thanks I'll just have one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:38:50 PM EST
Can’t help but wonder if saw an opportunity when Pete Athens / Steyr had that deal on STG 77 parts kits last year.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:02:07 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maleante:
The stg77 model was vltor with FN barrels, what they are now, who knows. I'm sure it'll be fine, but limited to 400 is a scam. Steyr changed their mind 3 seconds after saying 400, then they apparently changed their mind again. I had planned on buying more than one but after the numbers kept increasing, no thanks I'll just have one.
View Quote
Thats what i hated most about Steyr, most items were limited and became collectors items. Cant wait for the 9mm kits to come back in stock .
Top Top