Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2018 1:25:50 AM EDT
I once read that some agencies in Afganistan were using the 3000 because they could get 15,000 rounds out of the barrel....

Curently have about 1200 rounds thru her, all less than 2700 fps.
1. How many rounds is this barrel capable of?
2. What kind of steel are these barrels made of?
3. I see that Benchmark makes a barrel and extension for the 3000. Thoughts?
4. How does the barrel extention attach to the barrel? Headspacing ok?

I have a Lothar Walther LW-50 on a AR, and love the barrel. I contacted LW and asked if they could make a barrel for the 3000, they said no.

I love this system

Any thoughts/suggestions are most welcome
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry no answer but am liking mine.  Especially capability of loading Sierra's 168 gn tipped match kings out past standard 308 length.  Put muzzle brake on mine.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Roger.

Had a brake on it, but had to remove it for events. The brake was 2MOA lower than the flash hider, so I kept it OEM and the 2MOA helps at range.

My TMK OAL is 2.90"
how do you like them?
168 TMK
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Use a col of 2.953, loaded to about 2600 fps.  Very accurate out to 600 yds, as far as our range goes.  The 168/175 tmk's were not fully stabilized at 100 yds when first tested them.  The increase in BC over the 168 hpbt's was immediately apparent, carry nearly as well as my 6.5's at this limited range.  Really like the rifle, and bought it without  knowing what it was, or capable of.  Impulse purchase, noticed you could remove the spacers in stock, nice trigger and smooth bolt.   Wish I was more aware when walmart was closing them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top