Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2020 4:15:45 PM EDT
Hi all,

I've got a SR-22 sitting in the back of the safe that I rarely take out. I'm thinking about pulling the receiver and barrel from the "furniture" and am considering putting it in a "standard" rifle stock. The thing's a pretty good shooter so I'd like to keep the barrel. Does anyone know if this is an easy swap? Will the receiver assembly and barrel drop into a standard style stock?

Thanks in advance.

- P
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The SR-22 is a 10/22.

The receiver screws may not fit a normal stock due to length, but other than that there is zero difference.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SR-22 is a 10/22.

The receiver screws may not fit a normal stock due to length, but other than that there is zero difference.
View Quote
I was able to gather that much. I was more worried that there was some difference in the way the barrel attaches to the receiver and I was pretty unclear on that, sorry. Would I need longer screws? Shorter?
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't know until you try it, unfortunately.

I would bet that the screws are the same length....Ruger didn't make the stock/chassis/furniture the SR22 rifle came in, so I would bet the screws are the same length so it was easier to put together in the factory without any special parts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#4]
So, here’s the updated config, now that it’s done. Forgot I’d posted this and never followed up.

@quietm4 thanks for the help. It was a direct swap-out!

Original:
Attachment Attached File

Now:
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top