Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2019 1:30:51 AM EDT
What is the ideal gas port size for a 18" SPR barrel, with a rifle gas system, to run reliably suppressed with an Allen Engineering AEM5 (Ops Inc. 12th Model Clone)?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Crane spec is right around .1. I've sent an email to Compass Lake to see if they'll share. My WOA measured .108 and research shows Ballistic Advantage is .0935 which is typical of 20" barrels I believe.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What is the ideal gas port size for a 18" SPR barrel, with a rifle gas system, to run reliably suppressed with an Allen Engineering AEM5 (Ops Inc. 12th Model Clone)?
View Quote
My ended up with a 16” Rainier Ultramatch Mod 2, but they told me the 18” version had a .098” port
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!

@Outrider

Are you running your WOA suppressed?  If so, were there any issues?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys!

@Outrider

Are you running your WOA suppressed?  If so, were there any issues?
View Quote
I just got the barrel so I haven't had a chance to shoot it. I'm also planning to chop it so I may need that sized port. I'll run it with an AEM5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top