Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2022 10:15:35 AM EDT
Why do some SP5K-PDW's come in a hard pelican like case and some in a soft case? I use to think the hard case ones where the non-HK imported (B&T imported) ones but I'm not so sure now?
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's hard to say, but my guess is availability.

A couple of things to consider.........

1.) At least two variants of the SP5K (non-PDW) have been imported. I think receiver markings and carry cases were different.

2.) The regular SP5 has been offered with 3 different soft cases. First with a smoot front, then one with three pouches on the front, then another one with molle webbing on the front.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why do some SP5K-PDW's come in a hard pelican like case and some in a soft case? I use to think the hard case ones where the non-HK imported (B&T imported) ones but I'm not so sure now?
View Quote

My 2020 SP5K-PDW came with a hard case, and it’s a HK-USA import, not a Euro import.  I don’t even think the -PDW was ever a Euro import.  I’ve only seen the stub nose SP5Ks as Euro imports, even now.  If the -PDWs are now coming with a soft case, it’s probably due to cost or supply chain reasons.  During SP5 production, they changed the soft case it came with, so it’s not unheard of of them to change things.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Well the problem is, a lot of dealers (knowingly or unknowingly) like to mark euro import SP5K's as PDW's and some online dealers don't even use the correct photos so I guess my best bet is to check the MFG# (81000481) if I can't check it out in person?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the hard case and it’s awesome but they should have anticipated optics, vfg and a stock because now it sits in the closet collecting dust. I’ve thought about getting some foam and cutting it to fit but that hasn’t happened yet.

I would prefer soft because I could still use it.  I love the soft case that came with my sp5.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a shitty thing to do....those those hard cases are worth hundreds of dollars and the soft case is worth nothing yet people still pay the same for the gun
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:33:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think my pdw has been back in the case since it left the ffl. It lives in a laptop case whenever it ventures out of the safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top