Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2020 11:59:17 AM EDT
Does anyone know if this US component trigger group will drop into the SP5 trigger housing?
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=6391

If not could you point me in the right direction? I found a different ambidextrous group on HKParts, but not sure what would be the right route to take... New to HK products and finding that this stuff can be confusing and complicated.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
That appears to be a SEF style trigger pack, which will not drop into a SP5 housing. For the SP5 factory grip housing you need an ambi trigger pack.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As mak0 said, the pack from RTG is an SEF pack.

The one at the HKParts link would be what you want.
View Quote
Except its from HKParts.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I wish I could find it somewhere else as well, I've learned that much abut the HK world!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks, I wish I could find it somewhere else as well, I've learned that much abut the HK world!
View Quote
I’m in the same position OP. What does SEF actually mean and what lower is on a SP5?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’m in the same position OP. What does SEF actually mean and what lower is on a SP5?
View Quote
Here, read all about it
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a good video that explains the difference between the SEF and ambi trigger packs and housings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1idwPAe1dQ
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Here, read all about it
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Will this Magpul grip fit the SP5 and Ambi trigger group once available?

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/grips/g3-mp5r-hk94/magpulslgripmodule-hk94-93-91-semishelfhkclone.html

Edit - from what I can tell looks like it will
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Will this Magpul grip fit the SP5 and Ambi trigger group once available?

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/grips/g3-mp5r-hk94/magpulslgripmodule-hk94-93-91-semishelfhkclone.html
View Quote
It will probably fit on the SP5 receiver, but it is designed for SEF packs so the SP5 ambi pack won't fit in it. They're not out yet so nobody really knows for sure what it does and doesn't work with.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It will probably fit on the SP5 receiver, but it is designed for SEF packs so the SP5 ambi pack won't fit in it. They're not out yet so nobody really knows for sure what it does and doesn't work with.
View Quote
Thanks - this 922r stuff sucks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks - this 922r stuff sucks.
View Quote
Franklin Armory binary trigger (4 parts), USA made Navy Grip (1 part) and a either a USA made forearm or charge handle and you are golden. Compliance list states muzzle device as one of the parts that can be changed but I cant find a definition of said muzzle device. The SP5 comes with a thread protector, does that constitute as one? Food for thought. I'm going the Franklin route for my SP5 and have the original forearm from my PTR 9CT I can put on it. Just leaves me with the trigger housing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top