Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2021 3:34:00 PM EDT
I'm new here but doing a lot of reading and learning.  

I see a lot of references to people building a form 1 can, or at least submitting a form 1 and engraving a tube, then instead of trying to build their own baffles they send it to an SOT to be recored.

Is there a particular best type of baffle/core to ask for?

Is there a particular tube diameter that most SOT will have baffles to fit?

Is there a particular SOT that is the forum go-to for this service?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm new here but doing a lot of reading and learning.  

I see a lot of references to people building a form 1 can, or at least submitting a form 1 and engraving a tube, then instead of trying to build their own baffles they send it to an SOT to be recored.

Is there a particular best type of baffle/core to ask for?

Is there a particular tube diameter that most SOT will have baffles to fit?

Is there a particular SOT that is the forum go-to for this service?

Thanks!
View Quote

ECCO Machine is a popular place for recores. Nick has done 2 for myself and I am happy with him/them. All other questions would be better answered by the person you intend to have the work done by.

Edit: link to a thread dedicated to him

ECCO Machine
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks very much, I’ll check out ECCO.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
ECCO for sure. He did a can for me last year, and has another can of mine as we speak.

I will recommend Hawkstand as well. I cant remember his site address but he did a can for a buddy of mine and it looked great. Hawkstand seems to only bore and clip. Ecco will build full baffles and do the rest. Hawkstand can correct me if I am out of line.

So with those two, your options are Tube and endcap, send to ecco. Or buy tube, endcap, and the internals and then send it to hawstand or ecco.

That is the only experience with companies I have.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Used him for a few… fast, good work and inexpensive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
There are quite a few guys who can help you out if you want it recored using available production solvent/condiment cups.   There are far fewer of us if you want/need custom machined internals or welded cores.

We (ECCO) do quite a few cans with the common 1.360/1.375/1.500/etc inside diameters, but a lot more of the oddball F1s and production cans with unique diameters and design requirements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top