Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2020 10:24:08 AM EDT
Where is the best place to pick up a cheap SMLE magazine? Doesn’t need to be pretty as long as it works.

I was given a 1916 no1 mk3 a few years ago, but it didn’t have a magazine. The old man that gave it to me asked me to shoot a deer for him, so I told him I’d use his old 303

I’ve shot it a few times single loading it with the magazine cutoff. I’d like to get a magazine for it, but don’t want to spend $50+ on one.

I have some NIW gen2 pmags I could trade for one if someone has one they’d part with.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#1]
When I was looking for one I kept going back and forth between sportsman’s guide and a gun show, finally ordered one from sportsman’s guide and wasn’t disappointed, but it was $40.  Got it when I picked up ammo from a Father’s Day sale with free shipping.   Don’t know if the 4 and 3 use the same mag or not.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
SMLE mags are different from No4 mags, make sure you get the correct one. Avoid aftermarket/repro mags, they universally suck.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, the No4 and No1 don't use the same magazines.  The vertical indentions run all the way down to the base of the mag on the No1 and stop short on the mag on the No4.

It seems like the original magazines are $35-$60

SARCO, Liberty Tree, BRP Corp or APEX probably have them.  I found the aftermarket magazines not worth the shipping that I paid for one.

SARCO has an early model SMLE mag, not cheap
https://www.sarcoinc.com/lee-enfield-mkiii-10rd-magazine-early-version-with-follower-retainer-tab/
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
$25 BRP
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$25 BRP
View Quote

Thanks, I don’t know how I didn’t see that one on their website.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Mission accomplished

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Braggart!  

No, but seriously, nice completion of the rifle and REALLY nice use of it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Well done.  Fitting use for that rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top