Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2020 3:21:36 PM EDT
Can someone please confirm this for me? Pic below. Going to get the correct height Enfield front blade so I want to order the right ones instead of a bunch. To me that says --03 (dash kind of hard to see) not +03 or just .03? Is that correct so I should order --15 or 0 height blade? It shoots about 3" high at 100 yards to so the next step higher or two should be good right to be on at 100 yards?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The Stratton book says that the -0 and -15 marked blades were "new, shorter blades".  It looks like the -03 was the middle range, -045 and -06 on the other end.  With that said, all of the different height military blades were used to obtain the POI that the military wanted for the new mk VII round.  The rifles would use whatever blade got them there, so I don't know that there'd be a "correct" one.  I don't have my Skennerton book close to look at that.
iI'd be happy with only 3 in high at a hundred on a lot of my milsurps.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, really appreciated. The rifle is in great shooting shape and I want it for hunting from 0-150 yards. So 3" high would normally be good for metal plinking but not what I want to use it for.

This is one of the later SMLE's manufactured in 1943-44 from the Lithgow factory.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a nice rifle.  I wish that I could find the height differences in the material that I have on hand, but I don't see it.   I am sure someone knows.
I did find the trajectory charts, in a musketry regulations copy from 1909, that said proper sighting in was to guarantee effective fire, "against a rush of savages or a charge of cavalry"?
Not sure that will help much.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
All you’ll ever need to know...

https://www.milsurps.com/enfield.php?pg=ti12.htm
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All you’ll ever need to know...

https://www.milsurps.com/enfield.php?pg=ti12.htm
View Quote
Yup, already aware of that web page but thanks for the reply! I'm just trying to confirm what the actual height is on the one installed in the pic as a starting point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top