Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2017 7:28:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Im a sucker for a 12ga not-for-grouse gun.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Are there any test videos?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Need some videos and reviews of it running on 2 3/4” dove loads
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#5]
How long before we get a "firearm" version?

That'd probably be a heap of fun. Looks pretty damn beefy though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long before we get a "firearm" version?

That'd probably be a heap of fun. Looks pretty damn beefy though.
View Quote
SKO Shorty.  I don't know if it's a PGO shotgun or Firearm.

Hopefully that rear plug is threaded for AR buffer tubes.

SKO Shorty

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Just as an aside......

I've noticed something odd about Standard manufacturing Company.
If you read the owner's manual for the DP-12 you'll notice that in several areas the owner's manual is word for word EXACTLY the same as the owner's manual for the Kel-Tec KSG bullpup shotgun.
Also, the two designs are very similar, both being modified John Browning Ithaca Model 37 designs.

The owner's manuals and similarity of some parts lead me to suspect that there's some connection between Standard Manufacturing and Kel-Tec.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:41:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I will tell you, I just bought one of these monsters and I love it. I'm not familiar w/Kel-Tec; however nowadays, everything's possible. Companies merge an so on, but this time around, it appears someone finally got it right. As far as mag fed shotguns go. Don't get me wrong, I had a Molot VEPR 12 and had to get rid of it b/c it would jam every 3-4 rds. This one, I shot it three times already; so far it ate slugs, 00 and bird shots like a meet grinder.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Excellent.
Welcome to the site.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Whose choke tubes will fit this or will it take only their brand?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SKO Shorty

Best,
JBR
View Quote
It is a firearm because it does not have a stock, however it has an 18" barrel and is 26" long. So you could add a stock and it would just become a shotgun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/sko%20shorty%20shotgun-5.jpg

SKO Shorty

Best,
JBR
View Quote
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/sko-shorty-conversion-kit-with-stock-detail.html?Itemid=0

199.00 to convert it
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
What is in the conversion kit? It seems it should be as simple  as screwing in a pistol tube.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]
also, notice they take normal ar15 pistol grips....
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Taking the price for the Shorty from their website, and adding in the Rail and conversion kit, It tally's up to roughly $967. Which is slightly less than the SKO-12 from Atlantic (on the SKO site, its $1100 for the SKO-12).
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It is a firearm because it does not have a stock, however it has an 18" barrel and is 26" long. So you could add a stock and it would just become a shotgun.
View Quote
The rear “is not” threaded for a buffer tube.  I purchased the shorty at my local shop and had to get the adapter kit.  It consists of four parts including a threaded adapter for buffer tubes.  I also had to make my own installation tool as one of the parts has a slot in it that is much too wide for any known screwdriver to work.  I made the install tool from a 1”chisel, Ground it to the proper dimensions and put a heavy radius on the end to match the curve of the slot.  I suggest you watch the install video, that’s where I got the idea of making my own tool.  Once you have what you need it took all of 20 minutes to install the stock (LMT SOPMOD) of my choice.

Haven’t had a chance to shoot it a lot (only 50 rounds so far of slugs and 00 Buck) but it has run flawlessly so far.  I intend to make this my 3-Gun Match shotty
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
also, notice they take normal ar15 pistol grips....
View Quote
Yes, that was the first thing I change out.  Put a Magpul MOE+ on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What is in the conversion kit? It seems it should be as simple  as screwing in a pistol tube.
View Quote
No not that simple.  When you take that butt cap off you have to remove a couple internal parts and replace them with three others, one of which is threaded for buffer tubes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No not that simple.  When you take that butt cap off you have to remove a couple internal parts and replace them with three others, one of which is threaded for buffer tubes.
View Quote
in the pics on sko site, it looks like its a whole new upper receiver? thats not the case?  
pics if you feel like it.... im supposed to have one on the way, was hoping i was gonna get away with not spending the 200$ for the buffer tube adapter....
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whose choke tubes will fit this or will it take only their brand?
View Quote
i read somewhere, and maybe its on skos site, but they are "truchokes"?

also, would love some more pics up in heeeeeeeeerrrr...

also, allegedly STD gun makes short barreled versions of these? anyone seen one?  pics on net so few of this....

also, i wonder about millin out the side of upper and making it ambi charging handle..... maybe thats waiting for "v2.o"

dunno who is building their mags, but they look alot like the one i had for a turkish xtr-12
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#21]
got mine, i rally like this thing, their website kinda sucks, as does their tech support... guy on phone said he didnt wanna discuss legal stuff  while telling me i coulndt shoot an arm brace off my shoulder... told me he didnt have time to talk on phone, kinda f'd up.... also, he called the mags "clipz" sooooooooo, epic fail....

anyways, lot to like about this thing, as long as i can get decent tech support and customer service when i want/need it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4OvQIGDg4I

things to like
-1 PGO firearm, with a pistol buffer tube you can get away with a 12" barrel
-2 ar pistol grip accepting
-3 ar controls
-4 really looks like ar inspired fcg, just modified for size
-5 has a buffer at rear of reciever, will absorb some recoil etc
-6 with some tools could convert to lh charge if you were dedicated
-7 barrel is real close od to a saiga, so you could externally thead for chokes/breaks etc and have interchangeable parts...
-
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#22]
manual states may not run on winnie universal rihgt away.... and mine didnt... ran some hot 1350 fps monarch 1oz loads with better success today
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#23]
anyone know if these are interchangeable with akdal 1919 mags or the like? and by that token, the salem 6 mag extensions?
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
That just cooled down my enthusiasm a few degrees.  It's got an 18" barrel already, no need to make me spend another $200 just to put a stock on it.  Don't want the goofy, fifty foot rail, just the shorty with the right parts to screw in an AR tube.  They don't sell the buffer tube parts separate?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That just cooled down my enthusiasm a few degrees.  It's got an 18" barrel already, no need to make me spend another $200 just to put a stock on it.  Don't want the goofy, fifty foot rail, just the shorty with the right parts to screw in an AR tube.  They don't sell the buffer tube parts separate?
View Quote
i think a better solution could be made by someone else (aftermarket).  their is a bolt buffer that is retained by that big nut/adapter thing....  so the nut adapter goes away wth a shorter/lower profile bolt buffer housing, and a collar with the correct ar15 buffer tube threads goes around it...  so basically its 3 main parts, (ar15)buffer tube, collar/adapter, new (shotgun)bolt buffer

i have a couple pieces of 1.25" OD alum on my work bench that could be modified to fit around current (shotgun)bolt buffer assy, i just dont have the welder and lathe to make the parts fit together....

i think it would only require 2 pieces of aluminum.  the 1.25 od that the armbrace would mount to, divot/dimple for your wanted armbrace placement, and a smaller, shorter alum piece that would get welded to other piece (1.25 od).

mine not cycling  good from hip, but with a jury rigged brace, when gun against my shoulder it cycles well
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#26]
no-one else has one yet? any one cut barrel shorter?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can pout a stock on it for $139 like I did.  They do sell "just" the buffer tube and related parts and then you can use any AR stock you might have laying around.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
no-one else has one yet? any one cut barrel shorter?
View Quote
Haven't found a need to cut the barrel shorter as I use mine for 3-gun matches and I need the full 18" barrel with chokes to knock down those stubborn steel poppers we quite often use in matches.  The chokes are much appreciated for clays at longer distance.  I have tried the 9", 12", & 14" shotguns I have for 3-gun and this 18" barrel is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#29]
saw one thats been cut down to like 13.5".  had to do gas port work to make it cycle anything but buckshot, as i would expect... had a GK01 saiga brake on it, took up lotsa recoil!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Their new SKO Mini is a neat looking "firearm."

SKO Mini

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Dumb question:

How do arm braces and “other” weapons  work?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I asked them on their Facebook page.  They said an arm brace would fit on the rear receiver extension.  I don't know which, though, or the diameter.

And a brace should be good to go, as long as the overall length stays 26± inches, I think.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#33]
that mini is real neat!  exactly ideal... except that 2 round mag in the top pic, why bother!

their tech support is garbage though.  i tried calling them, asked about "the mini" type principle, and they were rude.  talked about how sub 18" barrel illegal, that they werent lawyers, that they couldnt advise this and that, just really soured me on  them as a company.  granted i was probably talking to a knuckle dragging assembler guy, and not someone that could actually help with my questions, but they shouldnt have routed me to him if he didnt have "people skills"
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I asked them on their Facebook page.  They said an arm brace would fit on the rear receiver extension.  I don't know which, though, or the diameter.

And a brace should be good to go, as long as the overall length stays 26± inches, I think.

Best,
JBR
View Quote
I put a stock on the Shorty to make it a "shotgun" just like the SKO-12.  There would be no need to put a brace on the shorty as the barrel is 18 3/8" so you might as well use a real stock.  I guess the only reason to use a brace is that once you add the stock technically it is a shotgun and could not be reverted to a "firearm" but the shorty had terrible ergonomics with such a long barrel.

Looks like the mini has the same adapter I used to add the stock to my shorty.  That short stub probably unscrews so you should be able screw an arm brace tube into the adapter and use an arm brace of your choice.  An arm brace makes sense with the shorter 14" barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top