Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2022 4:24:38 PM EDT
Anyone know where I could find a black one?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Ordered from these guys several times.

https://www.gunfactory.ch/

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered from these guys several times.

https://www.gunfactory.ch/

View Quote

Do they have an English version of their site
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No, they have some English on the checkout though IIRC. Go to the dropdown and click on SIG Sturmgewehre Zweibeinstutzen Wangenauflagen
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If you go over $100 (I think that is the magic number) remember to do the customs form.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you go over $100 (I think that is the magic number) remember to do the customs form.
View Quote

They're 100CHF which according to Google is like $105. What customs form would I be looking for?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I had 2 separate orders in the past. One for a 550 Handguard and one for a 553 Stock and pin. I didn't do anything special from my end and they just wrote stock and handguard on the customs slip from their end. Was I wrong
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#7]
No, you probably weren’t wrong, but people had their Zenitco stuff seized. You’re not getting your money back if Customs takes it, these day better safe than sorry in my book. Someone will hopefully pop in and tell me I am wrong.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/form-6-part-1-application-and-permit-importation-firearms-ammunition-and/download

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I saw that, this was all before the Zenitco fiasco. Had plenty of Russian stuff come in as well in the past, but all marked very generically on their end. Stuff from England too. I wonder if they are specifically looking for stuff coming from Russia now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered, never ordered anything international before so hopefully Arf didn't steer me wrong
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw this and just ordered a few smaller stock parts for the total under $100.  Hope it works out...

How long does it take to ship and arrive?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
The last stock I ordered took about a week and a half or so IIRC. This was about 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I saw this and just ordered a few smaller stock parts for the total under $100.  Hope it works out...

How long does it take to ship and arrive?
View Quote

I will update the thread once I know. It's probably a good thing I am just hoping to see it within a month.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Got tracking last night, so about 2 weeks for it to ship out.
Now how long will it take the Swiss Post to get it into the US?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, never had them take that long for mine. Wonder what happened?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Apparently my bank assumed the charge from Switzerland was fraudulent and just ignored it.  So my original order never went through.  Thanks for letting me know, USAA!  

I just re-did the order using a different card; hopefully that one will work.  Kept it under $100 USD.

Is it possible to order Swiss SG 550 mags from that site?  They are on there, but can they be shipped to the US?
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Damn, never had them take that long for mine. Wonder what happened?
View Quote

They emailed me Tuesday or Wednesday, apologizing for the delay due to a backlog of orders, but it would go out by the end of the week.
I was starting to worry that it wasn't going to happen, but they hadn't charged my card yet either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is it possible to order Swiss SG 550 mags from that site?  They are on there, but can they be shipped to the US?
View Quote

Yes, people have done it even though the mags are more expensive. Just remember to do the customs form, I would hate for your items to get taken since you don't get your money back and you are out of luck.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Arrived today
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Arrived today
View Quote

PICS...!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

PICS...!!!!!!!!

View Quote

Only half of it survived the morning
Need to add the vent holes, but out of the patients required at the moment
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I like your style!

I need to put my rubber covers back on

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/H1clUwgh.jpg
View Quote
A US-made 551-A1 lower mated to a P556 upper?  

I had been meaning to ask:  on the short uppers with non-railed handguards...  most of them have cups or gaskets on the rear side of the gas block that the handguards fit into.  Are those metal?  Plastic?  One piece?  To remove that part, do you have to remove the gas block?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PICS...!!!!!!!!

Beautiful..!!!

I have a 551 new in the box, I may have to give it a go someday.

But I like green furniture, should I FO?

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually looks pretty good w/o the vent holes
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A US-made 551-A1 lower mated to a P556 upper?  

I had been meaning to ask:  on the short uppers with non-railed handguards...  most of them have cups or gaskets on the rear side of the gas block that the handguards fit into.  Are those metal?  Plastic?  One piece?  To remove that part, do you have to remove the gas block?
View Quote

Mine came with a railed handguard. When I purchased this "pistol" the plan was always to SBR is and go for the 552/553 look. The cup is metal and made by JMac Customs, and modify the 550 handguard. I followed a guide I found here on Arfcom, it's archived so I can no longer give credit to the original poster. I know it's not perfect, but the 552 was a childhood dream gun. It's taken my 6 years to get it to this point.

ETA
Yes, had to remove the gas block, its just two roll pins and it came right off.
I saw the pic of yours a few days ago on the non-AR SBR thread
Weirdly on Jmac's website they show them as OOS, and the description says it was a small batch run. In my search for one OpticsPlanet said they had them in stock. I messaged them and they confirmed they were ready to ship. So I rolled the dice and here I am.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Beautiful..!!!

I have a 551 new in the box, I may have to give it a go someday.

But I like green furniture, should I FO?

View Quote

It's only money!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actually looks pretty good w/o the vent holes
View Quote

It does look fine without them, but going to add them. Will probably wait til I am going to see my mother, her fiancé has a drill press and that's probably the best was to keep the holes as straight as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top