Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Hhhhhmmmm, there seems to be an excessive number of holes in the side of that around the mounting location. With it's proximity to that scout light, it almost looks like those holes would put the tailcap of that light in a good location in relation to the laser activation. Is it to much to hope that those holes might be threaded and an IR light of some sort might mount up to it as a unit?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any word on the breach killer from pulsar?
View Quote
Yes. It's called the Xmini MH25 from IRay, AKA the #ChinaSkeet.  It's $4500, 640 Rez, 1.0X base mag (through a nifty trick) and the image looks even better than the Skeet. 3YR warranty and made in Gyyyyna.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/IRay-Xmini-MH25-Helmet-Mountable-Thermal-Monocular-Question-Answer-and-Technical-Discussion-Thread/18-506829/&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:34:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you have any experience with IR lasers? Crimson is no longer making their IR rail laser, Lasermax was ok but far from great, so if this is better/sturdier for sub $300 with a variable powered beam it will be great for handguns and PDW's. At times .7 is to much so being able to go down to .2 will have benefits.

Perhaps this venture can lead to a variable powered compact dual beam IR pointer/Illuminator down the road.
View Quote
I dunno. I guess I assumed too much when I looked up those old threads. I was guessing lightweight, cheap, and Ir laser/illuminator.

My Russian offering is great besides the weight. Can’t win them all I guess.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Is anyone ever going to come out with a reasonably priced Ir laser/illuminatior where the illuminator isn’t junk!?

Not asking for D2 or MAWL here. Like 200 yards. That would be perfect. At way under a grand.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:35:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Tough crowd around here. I think people forget this is a niche product for civilians. Leo and military have deeper pockets for bomb proof gear which costs money. The new TNVC TOR-MINI IR is looking pretty solid to me and one will be going on my house only 300 blackout. Good on them for working with Steiner no less. I mean it has adjustable power levels for the mid 200s. I suspect they will sell a bunch of these to a lot of middle aged fat dudes sitting around at their house. As far IR laser/ IR illuminator I think the current products have it reasonably covered, at least in civilian power levels.

Edit. I’m in for one TOR-MINI  for now. TNVC hook me up with that SHOT code life if it happens.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is anyone ever going to come out with a reasonably priced Ir laser/illuminatior where the illuminator isn't junk!?

Not asking for D2 or MAWL here. Like 200 yards. That would be perfect. At way under a grand.
View Quote
I don't think you are going to find anything reasonably prices where the illuminator is worth a damn.

200 yards of illumination is a far stretch for any class 1 laser device, hence why the MAWL is $$$ or D2 with the LED based illuminator.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some better spec sheets rather from a cell phone.  Will update later our new TNVC Patent Pending dual goggle prototype (called the "Artemis") at the show as well. It's pretty nifty.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/Final_TNVC_TOR-MINI_IR_V4__002_-1244168.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/Final_TNVC_ABCA_Cable_V3__002_-1244166.jpg
View Quote
Interested in this. I have a pair of 10160s I was going to send to you for RNVG treatment. Should I hold off?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#9]
SHOT is annoying.

“Hey look at all this cool shit you won’t be able to buy for the next 18-24 months”

They should have another shot show where these NV vendors actually have products on the shelves from shit they “released” a year ago. Suppressor companies too.

It succkkssss to have $7,000 you want to throw at a company and they’re like “We’ll take your money but you gotta wait a year for us to get the kinks out”.

See also: TAPS Switch

These aren’t hand built Wilson Combat 1911s.

Quoted:
Is anyone ever going to come out with a reasonably priced Ir laser/illuminatior where the illuminator isn’t junk!?

View Quote
DBAL 9007 dude
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Sooooo where's the info on the new act in black dtnvg setup? I've seen nothing other than the couple of Instagram pics from last week
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I want info and pictures detailing:

NGI/TNVC/AB RNVG-MICRO with 16mm tubes - especially weight specs be and if a Lemo port is included.

TNVC "Artemis" BNVD teased in this thread, let's see it.

Carson's new BNVD housing, also their handheld fusion monocular already mentioned previously.

Any other NVD housing, mount, arm, bridge, post up! Anyone check in with Wilcox or RQE/Knightvision?

Edited for correctness (TNVC Artemis does not articulate)
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Best you'll get is to pony up the extra 200 for the D2. The other poster above me suggested the I2. You could also go TAPS SYNC combined with an OTAL + a Surefire V series or the PK IR light to give you what you want.

That is virtually all your options. Oh I guess also the Streamlight TLR-2 IR or the TLR VIR II. Those two as well maybe?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Artemis will not be articulating.

We already work closely with ACTinBlack, and see little reason to compete with the DTNVG/DTNVS at this time, which is an exciting and capable system.

The TNVC Artemis BNVG-E is still in the quite early stages of development, but is being designed from the ground up as an end-user centric PAS-style goggle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/547B196B-FF55-4CF5-A358-17ED2E47D6A8-1244542.jpg

~Augee
View Quote
Highly interested in this ??
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I just came across this. It's in German, but you can get the gist:

https://www.spartanat.com/2020/01/shot-show-2020-das-dtnvs-von-actinblack/
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We already work closely with ACTinBlack, and see little reason to compete with the DTNVG/DTNVS at this time, which is an exciting and capable system.

The TNVC Artemis BNVG-E is still in the quite early stages of development, but is being designed from the ground up as an end-user centric PAS-style goggle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/547B196B-FF55-4CF5-A358-17ED2E47D6A8-1244542.jpg

~Augee
View Quote
THANKS I'll edit my post to reflect that new info also
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Will you guys at TNVC carry the XVL2 now that its been released?

I've been waiting for these for these and it's been a while since I've given you guys my money.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Artemis BNVG-E,
Credit: picture by Nicholas C.

Scroll up to previous posts for more details.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Highly interested in this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee
Highly interested in this
Same!!! Is there a rough estimate of what the final weight might be?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The new Bering Optics Phenom 640 12um Thermal Monocular looks to be a solid spotter/scanner for hunters and outdoors enthusiasts. Pricing is rumored to be around $3400. More info coming soon.
View Quote
Yeah, that’s a nice price. 1x?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Any new fusion offerings?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
SHOT is annoying.

“Hey look at all this cool shit you won’t be able to buy for the next 18-24 months”

They should have another shot show where these NV vendors actually have products on the shelves from shit they “released” a year ago. Suppressor companies too.

It succkkssss to have $7,000 you want to throw at a company and they’re like “We’ll take your money but you gotta wait a year for us to get the kinks out”.

DBAL 9007 dude
View Quote
Dude I had one. The illuminator is garbage. If it went to like 250 yards I’d have one on ever gun. It would be perfect.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
SHOT is annoying.

DBAL 9007 dude
View All Quotes
Quoted:
SHOT is annoying.

Quoted:

DBAL 9007 dude
The i2 and A3 illuminators are not good for 200y.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#26]
So I'm sick and bored.... so on TNVCs new laser....

Does it have a port for a Steiner pressure pad?

How is it zeroed?

What is the MOA/Inch per click?

Can the battery be changed without removing it?

What is the height over bore?

Does it have double click constant on?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Upgraded SiOnyx Pro with “enhanced sensor and optics” - https://www.instagram.com/p/B7lYdImpJt3/
View Quote
I pre-ordered 2, they don't ship til end of April though - was hoping for Ohio in March with them...but no dice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The new Bering Optics Phenom 640 12um Thermal Monocular looks to be a solid spotter/scanner for hunters and outdoors enthusiasts. Pricing is rumored to be around $3400. More info coming soon.

https://flic.kr/p/2iizpTK
https://flic.kr/p/2iiwZWc
https://flic.kr/p/2iizpGs
https://flic.kr/p/2iix134
https://flic.kr/p/2iizpMC
https://flic.kr/p/2iizpNe
https://flic.kr/p/2iiAzrX
View Quote
In the stats page it says 17um. Is it really 12um?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How is it zeroed?

View Quote
Also interested in this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How is it zeroed?

View Quote
Good questions. What’s the battery life?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I pre-ordered 2, they don't ship til end of April though - was hoping for Ohio in March with them...but no dice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Upgraded SiOnyx Pro with “enhanced sensor and optics” - https://www.instagram.com/p/B7lYdImpJt3/
Anyone comment on if this is comparable to gen 2 or gen 3 with the new model?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it zeroed?

I would also like to know the answers to the above questions, as well as:

Is the beam in-line with bore when mounted (ITAL style)?

Paperwork says it's splash proof and water resistant). Is it rated safe to a particular depth/time, or is this another way of saying not submersible?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I would also like to know the answers to the above questions, as well as:

Is the beam in-line with bore when mounted (ITAL style)?

Paperwork says it's splash proof and water resistant). Is it rated safe to a particular depth/time, or is this another way of saying not submersible?
View Quote
You locking out?

The rating equals dust resistant and splash proof from all directions, so I would say no submersing it
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

~Augee
View Quote
Augee,  So a Sentinel replacement (i.e the ball detent will power the goggles)?

Would love to have another option for fixed IPD binos that work with a GSGM/DPAM mount that is NOT modular like the MOD 3 binos.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Augee,  So a Sentinel replacement (i.e the ball detent will power the goggles)?

Would love to have another option for fixed IPD binos that work with a GSGM/DPAM mount that is NOT modular like the MOD 3 binos.
View Quote
Oh yeah, it’s definitely ball detent by the pic. Appears to be a toughened up Anvis but with the huge benefit of also being able to use 11769 (gain control) tubes. That’s pretty badass. The middle thing looks like a battery compartment and if so it’ll probably have a dovetail option too.

It makes sense they’ll offer Anvis objective compatible housings in addition to the -14 as shown, so Anvis users can easily upgrade. I’m hoping the weight will be close to 20oz but preferably under.

Augee has said in the past that it’s too bad someone hasn’t made a new Anvis style PAS goggle that was KISS. Apparently he was keeping this under his hat, lol.

Hopefully it won’t take too long to get released. I’m a huge ball detent and Anvis fan so I’m pretty excited.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Supposedly ARFCOM went by the TNVC booth yesterday but there's no video posted.  Where can I learn about all the cool new stuff??
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Does it have a port for a Steiner pressure pad? It doesn't look like it in the close up pics on pg 3

How is it zeroed? Looks like small allen/hex wrench adjustments judging by the holes in the sides. However, some of those holes on the side appear to be for moving the front mounting clamp screw forwards and backwards maybe for different rails?

What is the MOA/Inch per click?  IDK. I hope it has actual clicks though, unlike the lasermax.

Can the battery be changed without removing it? Looks like it. Knurled cap with battery orientation markings next to it on the close up pics

What is the height over bore? IDK. Looks pretty damn low to the rail though. Similar to the Lasermax

Does it have double click constant on? It damn sure better!!!
View Quote
ETA: This is just from me analyzing the pics on pg3. Could be wrong on some counts.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Supposedly ARFCOM went by the TNVC booth yesterday but there's no video posted.  Where can I learn about all the cool new stuff??
View Quote
They have God knows how many videos to edit. Stand by, it'll show up. Here's one that goes over the DTNVS, DICC, and new BCO

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
No one knows, other than the laymen specs posted, compared to the first Gen: 2x the light collecting sensitivity, and "Moonless Starlight".
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No one knows, other than the laymen specs posted, compared to the first Gen: 2x the light collecting sensitivity, and "Moonless Starlight".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No digital sensors available to civilians are anywhere near Gen 3 performance right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No digital sensors available to civilians are anywhere near Gen 3 performance right now.
View Quote
I'll talk to you in the Sionyx thread.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody got anymore info on the hot button release from unity. Only seen one lead versions so far.

Im just hoping TNVC/UNITY can get the issues with the TAPS Sync's worked out....waiting to send my second bad one back (its shot show so not expecting to hear anything this week). For me it would be more useful than the hot button.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anybody got anymore info on the hot button release from unity. Only seen one lead versions so far.

Im just hoping TNVC/UNITY can get the issues with the TAPS Sync's worked out....waiting to send my second bad one back (its shot show so not expecting to hear anything this week). For me it would be more useful than the hot button.
View Quote
The Hot Button looks good to go. I'm happy there will be various lead combos. Very interested to learn more about it, most notably whether or not it's momentary only, or if by pressing further it will have a clicky, constant-on feature? This is unclear on the website.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the responses so far. Definitely thinking about that new laser.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good just checking I didn’t miss it
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Man this was a big year for product releases. Definitely picking up one or two of the tnvc lasers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've been swamped at Shot, but will come back on more questions on the TOR IR. Sorry for the delay.
View Quote
Just let me know when I can buy one!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if you are trying to imply there is something in the Sionyx thread that says these units are on par with gen3.... But I can ASSURE you that the first two versions of the Aurora are NOT anywhere on par with gen 3

I bought them after reading reports of such and while it is a useful little thing for the price!.. A gen 3 14 replacement it is not!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top