Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Sme info, I was having stock fit.ent issues, gaps ,etc. The rear trunnion is partially the culprit.

If your stock is square like this:
Attachment Attached File

It needs to be modded or angled like this (which is also the same profile as the factory stock)

TDI and VLTOR may need some filing.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I dont mind grinding on the DLG tube it was only $20 tbh  its a decent adapter and has steel reinforcement for the set screws and peg holes for the stock positions/qd mounts.

I have the bonesteel otw.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally got around to buying it. I had a few things come up (I cracked a curved computer monitor and the cost of another made me delay this. I'm hoping I'll have it next week.

So Far I have the following laying around:
-CSS US Single Stage Saiga Trigger
-CSS Gas Puck
-CSS Gas Regulator with 6 Positions (IIRC)
-Magpul Pistol Grip
-Tapco Thread Protector (These are like $5 and US Made at CDNN)

Mags:
2x 8 Rd CS Spec Magazines
-3x JTS M12AK 5 Round Magazines (I heard these will work, I'm not thrilled with the Lynx Factory 5 rounders, the 10's are gtg)

I think a Bonesteel Galil stock would give this a really mean look IMO. I have a TDI Adapter and a Magpul CTR stock laying around though. I might use that in case the CNC warrior stock takes awhile.

Side Note for something cheap:
The NC Star VISM Stock adapter fixed tubes are good to go. They are actually made my DLG in Turkey and KUSA uses them on their shotguns.

I am skeptical about the folding adapter though since it's all polymer. They look ugly as hell though
Click To View Spoiler
Compared to the KUSA, the SDS has way better Aesthetics and for half the price they hit it out of the park. Honestly the KUSA is mostly foreign furniture/mags. DLG/CAA.

Knowing that you can get the same accessories if needed at a fraction of the price.
View Quote

Have you tried the JTS M12AK mags in the VP12?   My CSSpec mags fit but don't lock the bolt back. I notice the SDS stock 5 rd mag has a hump on the back of the follower to trip the bolt hold open. So it looks like it is designed to work only with factory SDS mags. Do the JTS mags work? The JTS 10rd mags are cheap enough that I may try one. But thought I would check before ordering it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Have you tried the JTS M12AK mags in the VP12?   My CSSpec mags fit but don't lock the bolt back. I notice the SDS stock 5 rd mag has a hump on the back of the follower to trip the bolt hold open. So it looks like it is designed to work only with factory SDS mags. Do the JTS mags work? The JTS 10rd mags are cheap enough that I may try one. But thought I would check before ordering it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally got around to buying it. I had a few things come up (I cracked a curved computer monitor and the cost of another made me delay this. I'm hoping I'll have it next week.

So Far I have the following laying around:
-CSS US Single Stage Saiga Trigger
-CSS Gas Puck
-CSS Gas Regulator with 6 Positions (IIRC)
-Magpul Pistol Grip
-Tapco Thread Protector (These are like $5 and US Made at CDNN)

Mags:
2x 8 Rd CS Spec Magazines
-3x JTS M12AK 5 Round Magazines (I heard these will work, I'm not thrilled with the Lynx Factory 5 rounders, the 10's are gtg)

I think a Bonesteel Galil stock would give this a really mean look IMO. I have a TDI Adapter and a Magpul CTR stock laying around though. I might use that in case the CNC warrior stock takes awhile.

Side Note for something cheap:
The NC Star VISM Stock adapter fixed tubes are good to go. They are actually made my DLG in Turkey and KUSA uses them on their shotguns.

I am skeptical about the folding adapter though since it's all polymer. They look ugly as hell though
Click To View Spoiler
Compared to the KUSA, the SDS has way better Aesthetics and for half the price they hit it out of the park. Honestly the KUSA is mostly foreign furniture/mags. DLG/CAA.

Knowing that you can get the same accessories if needed at a fraction of the price.

I only have the S12, the JTS mags fit nice, tight and secure. I dont think they are patterned after vepr despite the magwell. They have the front lip and rock/lock/
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The mag well of JTS is what misled me. I thought I read that the JTS isn't quite a Saiga pattern, but close enough to fit. I was hoping the JTS might fit the Vepr mag well.

I know that you can modify Saiga mags to fit a Vepr. But no last round bolt hold open, which is the big advantage of Vepr pattern mags next to the straight insert.

I'm a little disappointed that my VP12 does lock open on the CSSpec mags. I realize they are after market, but they functioned 100% in my Vepr-12. Hopefully SDS offers some mags for it.

I'm going to save my opinion until after I shoot the VP12. But I'm off to a mediocre start.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The mag well of JTS is what misled me. I thought I read that the JTS isn't quite a Saiga pattern, but close enough to fit. I was hoping the JTS might fit the Vepr mag well.

I know that you can modify Saiga mags to fit a Vepr. But no last round bolt hold open, which is the big advantage of Vepr pattern mags next to the straight insert.

I'm a little disappointed that my VP12 does lock open on the CSSpec mags. I realize they are after market, but they functioned 100% in my Vepr-12. Hopefully SDS offers some mags for it.

I'm going to save my opinion until after I shoot the VP12. But I'm off to a mediocre start.
View Quote

The VP12 looks good, but avail mags were what worried me. for the S12 I purchased a few CSS, some JTS, and I was going to buy some cheap SDS Gen 2 10 rds for the range.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly I'm pretty disappointed that my rear trunion tang seems to be out of spec slightly canted upwards and gives stocks an upper cant. This thing is solid there's no way to bend it.

I know it's a trivial issue and doesn't really affect anything. Weirdly enough the factory stock looks fine and doesn't have any problems.

Now I'm just going to use the dlg adapter unless I feel like chopping the tang for an ace hinge. I noticed using a washer under the tang does solve some of the issue.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Honestly the weight of the AR stock and buffer tube seems the balance the gun nicely though.
Attachment Attached File

The LBE triggers are growing on me. The hammer will need some modification and grinding however
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That reminds me of the Vltor M4 stock adapters, they always canted up regardless of the Ak that were in stalled on. Even with the plastic shims they included.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly I'm pretty disappointed that my rear trunion tang seems to be out of spec slightly canted upwards and gives stocks an upper cant. This thing is solid there's no way to bend it.

I know it's a trivial issue and doesn't really affect anything. Weirdly enough the factory stock looks fine and doesn't have any problems.

Now I'm just going to use the dlg adapter unless I feel like chopping the tang for an ace hinge. I noticed using a washer under the tang does solve some of the issue.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220627_182232436_jpg-2433234.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220627_182544000_jpg-2433235.JPG

Honestly the weight of the AR stock and buffer tube seems the balance the gun nicely though.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220627_185546527_2_jpg-2433236.JPG

The LBE triggers are growing on me. The hammer will need some modification and grinding however

That reminds me of the Vltor M4 stock adapters, they always canted up regardless of the Ak that were in stalled on. Even with the plastic shims they included.

Its more of a nitpick if anything. Just some stock options were limited some what. Washers seem to do the trick, though Id like to use of stock that shims the whole tang.

In the end as cool as the
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Another change I noticed was the length of the gas puck.

How I discovered this?

For a minute there I freaked myself out thinking I pushed the barrel in by dropping it muzzle down on a carpeted wood floor (Not a solid hit at all imo.)

Turns out that wasnt the case lol.

For example the lynx 12 has 3 ridges.

The 922r replacement has 4 and is longer.

The S12 has two.

Turns out the added length of the US made gas puck was causing a bult carrier Gap. I did not shoot it like this.

I switched back to the factory gas puck for now.

Attachment Attached File

CSS vs Factory

Attachment Attached File

Aftermarket installed.

Attachment Attached File

Factory Puck.

Just an FYI.

If anyone knows of a US made alternative that is about just a short I would love to know. It does count as a 922r part.

I think part of this is because the bolt carrier now has a gap with the piston now. With the Lynx it was solid and had no wobble.  Gas piston wobble isn't a bad thing though. It must be tolerances in the end.

In addition to the links 12 having a cast bolt carrier I wonder if this is why they were cracking the way they were. Because unspear links bolt that I have the gas piston is super tight to the bolt carrier

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
On further inspection my gas block has an extra hole? I can see the gas puck through it. Any idea what the purpose of that hole is? Is it supposed to be a gas vent/drain hole?  The Lynx did not have this. Neat I guess?

Attachment Attached File

If a pin was going through it, it wouldn't even touch the gas tube and would restrict the puck.

Its puzzling, it doesnt pin the gas block to the barrel either.
Attachment Attached File

I'm speculating it's just a drain hole or something.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
None of the mags are keeping my bolt open on the VP12 after the last round.  Including the SDS Original that came with the gun.

It worked initially, but after 50 rounds, the bolt does not stay back on an empty mag from Russian VEPR mags and SDS original VP12.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Have my first official complaint about the S12.

Front sling swivel is way to small. Looks like a 1” and the rear stock has a 1.5-2”.

Went to put a sling on it today and found out it won’t work.

Will have to buy a mloc sling adapter.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Front sling swivel is way to small. Looks like a 1” and the rear stock has a 1.5-2”.

View Quote

That is unfortunate, but an easy enough work around.

Also I came across this RPK Furniture Set for $8.

The stock might look pretty decent on the S12/V12

https://centerfiresystems.com/product/us-made-ak-3-piece-black-polymer-stock-set-stkaka04#product_detail
I already ordered my Jmac Adapter, but Im so tempted to pick this up.

I know it's a VEPR, but damn that looks neat.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

@swampfoxoutdoors

Any reason another sling loop won't work? You'd probably have to use another one/ do some minor chopping/filing on the loop itself to fit that sling plate.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I went ahead and ordered a Magpul GI Mlock sling mount.

Battlehawk has them for like $13 and needed a second one anyway.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I went ahead and ordered a Magpul GI Mlock sling mount.

Battlehawk has them for like $13 and needed a second one anyway.
View Quote

Dude those are seriously a thing? Thanks for making me aware of that

You just cost me some money lol. Now I just want to buy one to use as a front sling swivel on quite a few guns. Honestly I kind of like that style. At the cost of being QD that is.

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I don’t like the QD sling attachments. Adds cost and complexity to something that doesn’t need to be. At least for me.

I like the GI sling from magpul. I have 2-3 others on various rifles and all have been fine. Magpul also makes a simple no frills sling. It too is reasonably priced on battle hawk. Rls-1 $14.88

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don’t like the QD sling attachments. Adds cost and complexity to something that doesn’t need to be. At least for me.

I like the GI sling from magpul. I have 2-3 others on various rifles and all have been fine. Magpul also makes a simple no frills sling. It too is reasonably priced on battle hawk. Rls-1 $14.88

View Quote

Fair enough, one tip about mounting slings to polymer handguards. Especially questionable polymers. (me thinks the S12 is that thick for a reason)

I find that using the MOE hardware gives more a more secure sling mount, at the cost of giving up Mloks convenience. Those flat nuts still work with mlok accessories. Otherwise the Mlok nuts were kind of digging into the polymer and that was with minimal torque.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm getting rather annoyed.

Jmac Adapter, Did not fit.
TDI Adapter, Did not fit.
Bonesteel Stock fits wonky.
DLG Adapter Fit a bit weird.

Seems like only the factory stock is working out for me. The search continues. I ordered that weird RPK stock for the hell of it. I want a more substantial shoulder contact for 12 gauge tbh.

Trying out a Magpul Fixed today.

Honestly think I'm going to hold off on decking this out any further and just put the money into a KUSA

This is a great deal for the $, but I'm finding more and more subtle changes from the Lynx that limit parts compatibility.

Will be interesting to compare them side by side.

Magpul: Significant Gap when installed.
A shim can get this down to about 1/8" which doesnt look overly terrible.

I'd cut the Fing tang right now if I knew the receiver block would fit with no issues lol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#20]

I’m a big fan of these guns. Mine’s been solid, reliable, and fun as hell. I guess it would be considered the Gen 1 LH12.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/rsShdw6f/BE341-BDA-DB4-C-4674-97-EA-D373-AC7-C6007.jpg

I’m a big fan of these guns. Mine’s been solid, reliable, and fun as hell. I guess it would be considered the Gen 1 LH12.
View Quote

Honestly if they just kept the Lynx as is, but went with a forged Bolt Carrier/Mlok Handguard/Pistol Grip, it would of easily destroyed KUSA's offering.

One more update, the Canis Stock Adapter had some pretty bad side to side wobble. I just can't win, I'm stuck using the factory stock.

If the Canis had issues, I'm speculating that cutting the tang and going with a Doublestar block would have similar issues. My only alternative now is a standard AK stock, or a Definitive Arms Adapter (Don't care for those.)

Seriously why am I having such bad stock fitment issues?
@SDSImports
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#22]
It being new may be a little while before aftermarket parts start showing up.

Meanwhile I installed a magpul GI sling on the m lock and screws were plenty long enough and everything felt very secure. Got the sling on it and happy.

Just need a cheap ir light and I’ll be done.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Meanwhile I installed a magpul GI sling on the m lock and screws were plenty long enough and everything felt very secure. Got the sling on it and happy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Honestly though it was advertised pretty bad to accept AK stocks/grips.

S12 Semi-Automatic AK Pattern Shotgun, 12 Gauge

- 19" Threaded Barrel, Chrome-Lined, 3" Chamber
-OAL 38"
- Right Side AK Style Charging Handle
- Manual Bolt Hold Open Button
- 4 Pos. Adjustable Gas System
- AK Enhanced Safety
- Hammer Forged Bolt, Carrier and Trunnion
- V Notch Rear Sight, Bead Front, M1913 Rail on Dust Cover
- Utilizes Saiga Pattern Magazines
- Accepts AK Pattern Grips and Stocks
- M22 x 0.75 RH Threaded Barrel
- Includes 1: 5rd. Magazine and Owners Manual

You get a lot for $350, but it's still a bummer.

Always wanted to make something like this guy, but with a bonesteel stock instead of a chop:
Attachment Attached File

I think my builder that day was hitting baijiu (boozing) during work hours. My rear trunion is at an upward cant.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
After hearing nothing back from SDS on this board, I ended up just adjusting the tang. It's a $300 gun after all. Didn't want to send the gun out anyways imo.

Pretty happy with the Bonesteel stock for what it is. I feel a bit sad I spent a bit on different stock options. On the plus side Optics Planet has an excellent return policy lmao.

If it were a more expensive gun, I would of considered just sending it off to CW Gunwerks for a 4.5mm Hinge conversion/A Picatinny-Jmac modular trunnion/

Or crudely enough having welded material added to the bottom of the tang and filing/bluing it smooth to fix the angle. Cost= a case of beer to a buddy.

If you want to be even cruder, you just bend that son of a bitch with a wrench/Hammer after torching it til it gets nice/hot.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Got a pic?

I submitted a F1 on mine. It’s pending review since the S12 model line was not in the Eform system.

If anyone else is thinking of doing this hold on and let mine go thru so it will be easier for you all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Apologize for the delayed response, been dealing with some E-Com stuff.

I'd suspect you may have that one gun that sits on end or the other of variance. My personal S12 took the Magpul Stock, no problem. Slight cant, but nothing I'm not used to. Like I said, I have many AK's with a variety of aftermarket stocks, and none of them are perfect/straight fit. The width issue is something I've brought up to the engineers and they are testing stocks as well.

As for the parts, we took what we learned from 3 gens of DDI-12/Lynx 12/LH-12 and changed what was needed to make an improvement without needing parts from 5-6 aftermarket makers. Some parts, though we understand end-users will always want to change out, but that is for the aftermarket to decide to support.

If any of you guys are having issues, customer service is the best POC.
View Quote

No worries, I know it happens.  Also it isnt your fault about stuff being out of specs. Its a variant and hell its an import. I was just reporting back findings.

Bit frustrating running into that issue
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#28]
How does the Lynx compare to the Cheetah?  I picked up a cheetah a couple years ago and I cant get it to run on anything except slugs.  Everything else and it stops running regardless of gas setting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How does the Lynx compare to the Cheetah?  I picked up a cheetah a couple years ago and I cant get it to run on anything except slugs.  Everything else and it stops running regardless of gas setting.
View Quote

I have no experience with the Cheetah, but my Lynx 12 runs everything, even the shittiest Walmart low brass bird shot piled up in storage from 20 years ago. I wrote off semi auto shotguns years ago when I sold off a Remington 11-87 Police that was a huge piece of shit that also would only run on slugs. I’ve stuck with pumps until I dove into the Lynx 12 on an impulse buy whim. It’s fun as hell.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
After hearing nothing back from SDS on this board, I ended up just adjusting the tang. It's a $300 gun after all. Didn't want to send the gun out anyways imo.

Pretty happy with the Bonesteel stock for what it is. I feel a bit sad I spent a bit on different stock options. On the plus side Optics Planet has an excellent return policy lmao.

If it were a more expensive gun, I would of considered just sending it off to CW Gunwerks for a 4.5mm Hinge conversion/A Picatinny-Jmac modular trunnion/

Or crudely enough having welded material added to the bottom of the tang and filing/bluing it smooth to fix the angle. Cost= a case of beer to a buddy.

If you want to be even cruder, you just bend that son of a bitch with a wrench/Hammer after torching it til it gets nice/hot.
View Quote

Sorry to hear about your luck and the frustration that comes along with it. I’m not necessarily advocating you dump a ton of money on this gun, but wanted to share some perspective. I have more than a few “shitty” (at the time) import guns that I paid less than $300 for back in the day that I would have a hard time buying now at the current prices.  I’m seriously considering going NFA SBS on my Lynx, I like it so much.

Credit to Dissident Arms for this build and photo motivation.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got a pic?

I submitted a F1 on mine. It’s pending review since the S12 model line was not in the Eform system.

If anyone else is thinking of doing this hold on and let mine go thru so it will be easier for you all.
View Quote

Thanks and look forward to seeing pics. Might be behind you shortly in my F1 endeavor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have no experience with the Cheetah, but my Lynx 12 runs everything, even the shittiest Walmart low brass bird shot piled up in storage from 20 years ago. I wrote off semi auto shotguns years ago when I sold off a Remington 11-87 Police that was a huge piece of shit that also would only run on slugs. I’ve stuck with pumps until I dove into the Lynx 12 on an impulse buy whim. It’s fun as hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I've had a few low speed shells fail to eject properly, but both time I was screwing around with the gas settings, trying to fine out how low I could turn it down before it would fail. I'm finding that with the cheap/slower stuff, just leave it wide open and she'll just keep chugging along.

Never a failure with slugs or buckshot, with the gas turned down all the way. One setting from all the way down, if you want to be safe.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This.

I've had a few low speed shells fail to eject properly, but both time I was screwing around with the gas settings, trying to fine out how low I could turn it down before it would fail. I'm finding that with the cheap/slower stuff, just leave it wide open and she'll just keep chugging along.

Never a failure with slugs or buckshot, with the gas turned down all the way. One setting from all the way down, if you want to be safe.
View Quote

I would wager these are built in different places.  The Cheetah has the charging handle on the left side which is so much nicer, but I have the gas wide open and in cant run, dry, lubed to hell, clean, dirty, low brass, high brass.  Only thing is i got a full mag of slugs, ill use my 458 if I need that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Have you ever sent it back in for repair?

View Quote

I have not, I was hoping it just needed break in from being new.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#36]
@BigSouthFork

Dude you rock.

A little project I was having 3d printed.

Mainly for the Lynx, but it does work on the S12.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

No crude sheet metal for this mod drilling or tapping or funky looking washer bolts for the gas block. Well I still suggest a washer under the gas block screw, or a  with larger diameter head

Went with MFJ Nylon PA12 40% glass beads. I think it'll be plenty durable and heat resistant. (Honestly this was overkill, you can probably get a cheaper material)
There's also a receiver tab that I just had to lightly tap in

Has a little nervous about hacking up a SGA handguard but I think I did a pretty good job filed any rough edges on the inside and it actually mounts up really tight I pretty much no wiggle or flex. Decent option for a cheap us handguard especially if you care about 922r lol.

But the factory handguard is great guys just saying. Not a bad option here for links until you guys end up selling the s12 handguard separate

Pics turned out blurry for some reason
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@BigSouthFork

Dude you rock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220729_172316515_jpg-2469828.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220729_172638107_jpg-2469830.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220729_201826269_2_jpg-2470055.JPG
No crude sheet metal for this mod drilling or tapping or funky looking washer bolts for the gas block. Well I still suggest a washer under the gas block screw, or a  with larger diameter head

Went with MFJ Nylon PA12 40% glass beads. I think it'll be plenty durable and heat resistant. (Honestly this was overkill, you can probably get a cheaper material)

Has a little nervous about hacking up a SGA handguard but I think I did a pretty good job filed any rough edges on the inside and it actually mounts up really tight I pretty much no wiggle or flex. Decent option for a cheap us handguard especially if you care about 922r lol.

But the factory handguard is great guys just saying. Not a bad option here for links until you guys end up selling the s12 handguard separate

View Quote

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I think the handguard is a big improvement over factory and with that Magpul would offer it as an option for the S12/clones.  I’ll have to continue following this thread to see how some of the F1’s go since I’ve been considering that myself.  What length are others going to and where are people sending them off to get chopped?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I think the handguard is a big improvement over factory and with that Magpul would offer it as an option for the S12/clones.  I’ll have to continue following this thread to see how some of the F1’s go since I’ve been considering that myself.  What length are others going to and where are people sending them off to get chopped?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@BigSouthFork

Dude you rock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220729_172316515_jpg-2469828.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220729_172638107_jpg-2469830.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20220729_201826269_2_jpg-2470055.JPG

Honestly wish they would. Between you and me I think Magpul is done with AKs.

It's like they will keep on making products, but I don't see anything new coming out for them. It's ironic they could of easily made a Saiga 12 handguard though when they were common. 5 minutes with a hack saw, some files, and sand paper and the SGA was ready to go.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thanks and look forward to seeing pics. Might be behind you shortly in my F1 endeavor.
View Quote

Finally went from pending to submitted yesterday, prints mailed today.

So hopefully by the end of the month will be able to chop it down.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Bit the bullet and ordered a VP12. Picking it up from my FFL as soon as I get back to Georgia.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Ordered another S12 pretty cheap,

Hopefully this one was done right. I'll put the other one on standby just for spare parts. 2 is one and all that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ordered another S12 pretty cheap,

Hopefully this one was done right. I'll put the other one on standby just for spare parts. 2 is one and all that.
View Quote

Ok so the S12 I initially purchased is now a parts donor.

#2 is much better in regards to stock fit.

2 is one I guess.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#43]
I know the VP12 was confirmed to be made in the "good" Chinese factory but is the S12 also made in the same factory?  From online pictures I can't see the manufacturing logo, only the "SDS Imports" logo.

Looking to use the S12 with the Rex Seg12 suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I know the VP12 was confirmed to be made in the "good" Chinese factory but is the S12 also made in the same factory?  From online pictures I can't see the manufacturing logo, only the "SDS Imports" logo.

Looking to use the S12 with the Rex Seg12 suppressor.
View Quote

Same as the Lynx/VP12 iirc

CHONGQING JIANSHE?
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/cool-new-rifle-developments-china/

Also I think I'm done with this now. Though if anyone has a Carolina shooters quad rail can you please let me know how it lines up with the receiver rail? Would be nice to throw some Glock night sights on this thing or even Troy micros.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Honestly I did a complete tear down of the other gun for science.

Dust Cover Attachment:
-If you remove the 3 screws from the rail, the dust cover separates from the rail.  
-The rail is held on by a flared rivet.
-The rivet was removed from left to right with minimal effort.
-On some guns there might be some play. If you have this issue you could possibly put shims between the rail, and the dust cover.
-Mine did not have any thread locker. personally I would degrease/red loctite these and just snug them up, there aren't too many threads for the screws to bite into which is a little worrisome imo.
-I think a pin with a machined groove for a c clip would be the easiest most "QD" option. Reinstalling the trigger/BHO was rather annoying with the dust cover flopping around. Also god forbid the shotgun gets dropped with it open.
-For some reason there is a set screw near the hinge end, looks like it's there just to eliminate any wobble/tension?

Dust Cover Rail Segment
-Seems to be painted over anodized. Edges are starting to show.
-I can easily flex is with just my thumbs and index fingers
-Seems to be really soft metal. Possibly cast?

I'd love it if there was a quality replacement rail. Guess you could always roll your own.

(I removed it from Shotgun #1, and can probably re-flare it. I do want to spec the correct size for this. However )

The 2nd Shotgun had dust cover wobble. Probably not a huge issue for a shotgun and closer ranges, but I was curious about what was causing it.
Anyways I put Shotgun #1's dust cover on shotgun #2 and it's now solid. (Yay go me)

@sdsimports
Any plans on offering some parts for replacement/troubleshooting? Just curious.

If I didn't have a spare parts bin full of just S12 parts, I would of had to bug ya guys.

Also any ETA on VP12 magazines?
I kind of want to pick a VP12 up, are reloads easier on a closed bolt with the VP12?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am not sure on spare parts for sale, we keep a stock on hand for warranty related stuff. Due to the complications of dealing with the PRC, whole guns are how we bring them in and keep a cache of spares for repair and replacements parts.

View Quote

Understandable.

Honestly for the price buying a spare was a no brainer. You guys are great with warranty stuff, I just hate sending stuff out if I can help it. Partially due to UPS/USPS being difficult about sending guns out.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Regarding reloading.

I kind of wish a left handed charging handle wasnt exclusive to the VEPR version. The Lynx 3 gun I had was pretty quick to lock the bolt back and reload

The Iraqi reload seemed to be the quickest for me. Though you need decent upper body/grip strength to do this.

The entire video was helpful, but skip to 13:10 if you are short on time.

Link Posted: 8/30/2022 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Any updates from the owners? Similar reliability as the Lynx?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Got mine in. Found the stock to be way too short for me to comfortably use. Gonna throw on a zhukov and we'll go from there.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top