Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 12:02:09 PM EDT
I haven’t paid my 16s & 17s (both SBR) SCARs much love lately, but I guess FN has come up with a PDW stock & non reciprocating charging handle?  Does anyone know if these are commercially available?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/11/16/fn-scar-sc-subcompact-carbine/

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/08/new-buttstock-fn-scar-sc-subcompact-carbine/
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope not available, neither is the DMR stock that they came up with years ago, nor the 6.5CM barrels that have been developed and pushed out to some SF guys.

Otto arms has 500 dollar PDW stock, no idea how it is,
HDD and GGG make non reciprocating CH's, no idea how they are.
couple companies now make barrels

For what FN is selling these for, it would be nice to have an updated model as the 2005 model that they currently sell leaves alot to be desired

Shit trigger, shit finish, Uncomfortable Hand guard, the cheapest grip on the market

maybe the 2018 rendition could be something like this

come up with a trigger that  feels a little better than the Tapco G2 quality trigger it has from the factory
maybe talk to the guys CZ, Beretta, or Bushmaster to see what sorcery they use to get a solid Desert finish to avoid looking like a last ditch k98.
make an extended Mlock compatible rail
and if they are feeling really crazy... maybe ship it with a Miad or Ergo grip
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
They arent commercially available at the moment. The carrier assembly is different as is the front plate of the receiver. The system works very well though for what its worth. I would argue the most practical way to make it available on the commercial market would be to integrate it in to new product rather than a retrofit kit because the cost of the kit would likely turn some folks off, but despite it being shown at shows it's still a relatively new deal and there are questions that have to be answered before you see a roll out beyond large gov customers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top