Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2018 8:18:31 PM EDT
Bought a SCAR 16 without the barrel assembly. Today I went to put my barrel assembly in it and this piece fell out of the upper. It fits into the upper channel and the nub fits into the end of the recoil spring assembly, but I'm not sure if it's correct. I can't find this part listed anywhere on the SCAR exploded view picture. Any ideas?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bought a SCAR 16 without the barrel assembly. Today I went to put my barrel assembly in it and this piece fell out of the upper. It fits into the upper channel and the nub fits into the end of the recoil spring assembly, but I'm not sure if it's correct. I can't find this part listed anywhere on the SCAR exploded view picture. Any ideas?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312349/IMG_1419-522063.JPG
View Quote
I see mine on top of barrel extension .

Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Thank you, sir. Look like my guess was accurate. The spring assembly slides into the nub on the end. Strange that the part isn't in any of the exploded detail drawings for the SCAR.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It is odd to say the least .
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank you, sir. Look like my guess was accurate. The spring assembly slides into the nub on the end. Strange that the part isn't in any of the exploded detail drawings for the SCAR.
View Quote
The earlier 16s didn't have the part. It is an upgrade, so not on the earlier diagrams
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The earlier 16s didn't have the part. It is an upgrade, so not on the earlier diagrams
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting thanks for sharing. I had another 16 and knew I didn't recall that part.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine fell out during a barrel swap, I didn't put it back in. Hasn't caused issue in about 800 rounds
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm fairly certain it was added to keep fired brass from getting up into the carrier (a minor known issue for early guns obviously corrected with this added bit).

The fired brass thing is only an issue for the 5.56 guns. The opening is just big enough for brass to fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top